Hi Sharon,

thanks for sharing your experience with us.. I hope I will have fun too during my PS in June! Now it is time to think about what hairstyle with what gown/EG... :D

hello Cherryblossom,

Eh.. Dont tease me lah.. im a very hyper excited kinda of person.. so thats why very kan cheong wif alot of things one.

As for Hairstyle, u may refer to this link: Kathie's Bridal Hairdo or Sharon's Hair Do for PS

Hope the above links could give u some ideas :D

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for sharing the info, this is so fantastic, I now have more idea to discuss with my MUA. Can I ask a question, do you communicate with your MUA on the hair style and make up prior to the PS day? or do you discuss with them on the spot? I have been having problem to pin down my MUA, they are always busy, so my SA suggest that I discuss with her on that very morning (PS).. I am not confident they can handle us well cos that will be the first time they see/meet/understand us.. what do you think?

I prefer outdoor photo even though it is very hot outside. But end of the day i am very happy with the photo. It's natural, colorful and lively. All the while i like outdoor photo. Therefor i select more outdoor photo in my photo album. As for my hair style, i do not need to worry because my makeup artist is good. She help me design a few hair style for me which i like it alot. She even buy some flowers and hand made a flower crown for me to wear. As for the posing, normally the photographer will tell you how to pose it. But it is good if we can do some research b4 PS. I did some reseach in the internet and magazine for natural posing and tell the photographer i want this pose and that pose. Overall, i enjoy the PS. It's a memorable experience.

my PS for ID and OD on 28 july 2007 was enjoyable altho it was a bit tiring!

my OD was at ttdi park and the PG was able to capture the feel and type of photos we want which are basically candid and natural... ttdi park has all the natural background we want, water fountain, waterfall, bridge, trees, playground (altho the playground a bit run down), walkway...

as for ID, the PG had his own style, but my HB oso injected some of his ideas on certain angles and look he wanted, which the PG graciously accepted and we love the outcome of those shots.

basically we had good communication with the PG and MUA. we were able to discuss and give ideas to each other.

the PG sat down with us on PS day itself and asked us wat kind of photos we want, whether we had any preferences for certain type of backgrounds and also whether we didn't like specific colours or anything in particular. we basically just told him we want natural and candid. then left the rest to him :)

i brought pictures of hairstyles that i like and showed the MUA on PS day the type of hairstyle and look i prefer. then she designed based on the type of look and feel that i wanted for my photos :)

basically my advice based on my experience :

for OD : bring a portable fan, slippers, nice umbrella.

just in case it rains and the PG can take photos of a nice umbrella... mine had EON BANK tattooed on it. luckily the umbrella was a nice shade of beige and red and the PG said he can help us remove the EON BANK words :P

for ID : i feel that i shouldn't have wore a corset as it pushes the meat at my back out of my tube gown. so back shots doesn't look so nice... the photos captured had a nice feel ... just that i am turn off by the fats coming out :P also, i didn't wear any bra... they gave me small paddings as my assets weren't ample enuf and i didn't want my assets to look fake :P

if ur BS dun provide fresh flowers, u can DIY your own bouquet and use it. its much cheaper. i brought only 1 bouquet and used the BS's fake flowers which looked like it was falling apart but it actually looked ok in the pictures :)

face mask! i have bad breakout of pimples 2 months before PS and it didn't cure. so 1 week before i did 2 face mask... 1 using the cheap one from watson/guardian... and the nite before PS i invested in SK-II and used it (share with HB). wonders! altho still have pimples, at least it wasn't blotchy red and the MUA could cover it up nicely!

dun really need that many pairs of shoes :P i brought all my shoes in my house.. and ended up only using like 2-3 pairs. that also cos i brought a dozen... so might as well use it lah. altho i didn't capture pictures of my shoes :P the look of the gowns were nicer :P heheheh

i had family shooting during my PS day. i know not many couples do that, but having our families there was much more fun and relaxed. altho it took 1 hour to take family photos, our family stayed there for a couple of hours and helped us take many candid shots with our own camera :) if only we brought a video.. haha.. can make our own videography :P but just a note of caution, having family shooting also takes up ur PS time and we only finished at 9pm (with the rain and all) so we did rush for some of our photo taking.

sorry this post is so long! but i hope my experiences helps!

Sharon gave A LOT of tips...in my case, I just showed up there, offered myself as a canvas to the MUA (I just said that I wanted something natural) and for my PG, I told him that I wanted something natural, romantic and a little bit of everything. I totally forgot to tell him that I wanted more OD shots than ID (I THINK) but then again, I had a number of OD - outside BS la. LOL!

OD

Yes, bring a fan, slippers and tissue box. My HB was sweating like a pig and PG had to dab dab to get rid of the sweat. If you can, bring a nice looking umbrella too for those hot/rainy days. If you want something more thematic, get a nice hand-held fan (paper, bamboo, whatever la)...my HB settled for a huge leaf. =.=

ID

I would suggest you bring lots of tools but in my case, I forgot all about that in the excitement. Gah. So yeah, dun be so kan cheong...and oh, remember to walk barefoot as much as you can coz it'll hurt if you're gonna wear super duper high heels.

bebpeb,

got ur email. thanks alot :)

wow... all the way from jln loke yew to ttdi for shooting ah?? no tired ah??

hehe...

thanks for sharing :)

rosayee,

my BS is tom wedding, loke yew. i have emailed the link to you. pls leave some comments yah! thanks!

rosayee,

thanks for your lovely comments on my wedding website!

the journey from jln loke yew to ttdi is actually not very far... abt 15 mins if u use the highway :P it was a bit tiring.. cos the park was a bit big... and plus it was raining and i was wearing heels at first! :P