Sign in to follow this  
uniquesoul

Celebrating baby's 1 year old birthday

Hey sisters,

Any idea or suggestion on how to celebrate baby's 1st birthday? what kinda present to give? Can share yr experience please? thank you^^

Party with my family!!!i bought a jelly birthday cake costed me rm245,a pair of new shoes, a princess dress form my sister, n toys...pink, dark pink n lightmarron color ballons with ribbon as a decoration,a banner with words:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,very nice n cute table clothes:), n goodies bag for all the kids.n play some games...hei...very fun....hai~~~time flies.....

for my gal 1st birthday, we just have a very simple celebration. it's a very close family affair only. We book 2 table for makan in the chinese restaurant with private room. cake cutting all done at the restaurant. We didn't buy any special present for my gal. Only new pair of dress and shoe. We gave her a big ang pow though as we think it's more practical that way. We keep her $$ in her bank saving account after that. :P

unique, it is up to you whether you want to have a big celebration or keep it small to family. I didn't have a full moon, and even when Ally was close to 1 yo, not many of my HB and my relatives have met her. So we threw a big party for family members and relatives, and we thought we might as well invite friends too. There are some pictures of 1st year bday celebrations below just to give you some ideas:

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=22009

Really depends on your budget. Your kiddo maybe too young to "enjoy" the party so it's more of an adult/family/friends gathering. Got her a gold wafer as birthday present - good investment. Hahaha..

I didn't have a party for Eva or a fullmoon do because we're away from family plus she didn't really know what was going on - too young and all. Plus HB and I are not very big on birthday parties. Like the ladies have mentioned, it's really up to you - you can have a full blown do or none at all. :)

well i had 2 full moon celeb for Sanju LOL...

I am planning to have a simple bday celeb at home with our relatives and some frens... he is the first grandkid and everyone is excited to see him turn 1yo. Not sure if we need to buy a present per say, but, the celeb itself is a pressie mah... get him new set of clothes, and we are putting montly premium for his studies savings... haha

My potato just 5 mth + but we already plan for her first birthday =)

It is really depending on your pocket, if fat pocket you can throw a big party for her but how much she can enjoy it? errr I really not sure and it is my concern too.

Okie .. our plan for our potato first birthday party is

1. Hire a crown to the party, can give some entertainment and also to the kids but we don't know how potato will accept it, will she cry!? errr .. let see

2. Tot of doing it in the restaurant by her daddy said this round put it at home since her fullmoon is in restaurant

3. Going to invite all of our relatives and friends to the party as the fullmoon just a small dinner with both side siblings and some close relatives but that's already up to 6 tables >.<

4. Mummy is going to bake for her birthday =D and tentative birthday cake theme is powerpuff girls =P hope I can come out with a 2-tiers birthday cake plus cup cakes for her first birthday

5. Ohya .. also going to arrange a nice photo shooting session for her to celebrate her first birthday =)

1st birthday for our bb is the most happiest in my life,althou she dun understand wat we were doing, but next time when she's growing up,we can hv a topic/photos to share with her, n give her a nice "memory".....:)

Wah, BG, planning so early! :tongue: My daughter had no idea what was going on during the party. But the parents had fun! Me and HB had a great time catching up with relatives and friends, with nice food and wine. I brought my nanny to the party to look after Ally :tongue: And the other kids had great fun too. My nephew who was about 2 yo then, told his mom he loved Ally's party. And he wants to go to the party again the next day :)

well, a cake is definitely a must but what cake would be best? jelly cake or just normal cake? Let's say celebration are to be done a restaurant but which restaurant has the most baby friendly environment type?

One of my friend suggest to me that book one retaurant for private fucntion and get the buffer style to celebrate my son's 1st birthday.

For the full moon, we did the house buffer and al most 100 people came to my house. But this round i rather to invite close family and good friends only.

Definately i'll buy my son new clothes and a pair of new shoe. I also plan to take him for the photo shooting......

unique, depends on if your baby is eating it as well. I made a mango cheesecake for Eva instead of buying from outside - easier to control the ingredients, especially sugar.

hi mabel, tht is a good idea too but i cant really bake at the momment,gotta learn soon. Is there any food which can be prepare for baby besides cake?

unique, depends on if your baby is eating it as well. I made a mango cheesecake for Eva instead of buying from outside - easier to control the ingredients, especially sugar.

hehe I'm more kia su so I plan it now plus I nid to bake for her birthday so I have to make sure I can make the powerpuff gal figures for her

as for the cake, I will bake what she can eat for her, that's her birthday cake so must be baby friendly =P

i think i am one flexible mama here, i dont mind giving a small bit of chocolate/cake to my baby once in a while... we ordered american chocolate cake with football field deco for the celebration, and another small cake will be cut in the morning among family, i dont mind if he eats the yummy bits of normal cake

hubby chose clothes for him, costing same price as adult clothes.. my mom's eyes pop-ed out seeing the price, but 1st bday mah.

We are catering food from outside, have a small tent outside the house... calling abt 60 family and friends... Like you moms say, need to take pics and keep it to show Sanju his 1st bday celeb...

unique, sweet or...?

Q, would you believe it if I told you that I haven't introduced chocolate to Eva at all? My friend shared this with me when I asked her if she had any thoughts on giving chocolate items (homemade, that is):

chocolate, cakes etc are "once in a while" foods. u can offer them to toddlers once in a while but in smaller serve compared to the adult serve size. try to make it "kurang manis" - the less you expose them to sweetness, the lesser the risk that they will cultivate a preference for sweet foods. if by dark choc u mean the REAL dark choc that is more bitter than sweet, why not eh? just a little won't hurt. dun worry about the caffein, phytate levels etc... if it is in small amounts once in a while, no harm done.

Her suggestion works fine with me because we don't like milk or white chocolate anyway - too sweet.

there are times when we eat choc and sanju eyes us with curious lips (he makes eating action with his lips)... dont find it nice to not let him taste at all, so we let our finger wipe some choc and let him suck on it... just a lick or so, not often, but we have given him on several occasions. I find it difficult to avoid this altogether.

anyways so far he's been happily accepting his other baby-bland foods, so i guess he still knows and eats his own food.

Finger still okay but you may want to reconsider giving in every time he shows interest in "forbidden foods" (as in sweet foods as Gloria mentioned). I used to get the same reaction from Eva (for things like ice cream, chocolate, etc) - in fact, I still get it for things like Coke and ice cream - but I just ignore her.

Y'know, recently we introduced foie gras to her for taste and the result was shocking. She took an instant liking to it and refused to eat other stuff but just foie gras. We had to keep it out of sight!!!! Luckily we don't eat any here in SG because it's too ex.

Now that she's older, she has a nasty habit of throwing a tantrum and I'm definitely not giving in, especially when it comes to sweet stuff or junk. Almost each time, she'll just calm down and forget all about it. My mum gives in and it only fuels her tantrum throwing episodes. =.=