Vanz

Feedback on Federal Hotel

Hey all.

Im on the verge of booking Federal Hotel for our Wedding dinner reception. Im a little skeptical all of a sudden and have decided to get some feedback. I notice the thread on Federal Hotel previously was last updated in 2009. ( most of the comments didn't seem too encouraging). So im hoping someone will have something positive to say now. Please let me know asap. Thanks!

Hey all.

Im on the verge of booking Federal Hotel for our Wedding dinner reception. Im a little skeptical all of a sudden and have decided to get some feedback. I notice the thread on Federal Hotel previously was last updated in 2009. ( most of the comments didn't seem too encouraging). So im hoping someone will have something positive to say now. Please let me know asap. Thanks!

Hi Vanz,

Federal hotel was one of my shortlisted venue too...i shortlisted them coz their sales rep was friendly, shes very attentive and their offer very cheap package for a hotel... until i went and visit the place..OMG..!! their ballroom doesnt look like its in a hotel...although their package is cheap but there are pro and cons...here are my toughts....

if you would like a grand wedding...federal is not the place..i would suggest you can try equatorial hotel or concorde hotel...even tho they are 300 more expensive than federal..but its more elaborative in terms of the service and venue layout that they can provide to you..their sales dept showed me some of the snapshots they have for weddings and the deco was horrible..

their skyroom has too many pillars and mirrors thus will block your guests from having a good view during your reception..their grand ballroom has very low ceiling..its like your head can touch the ceiling if your at 5'8...

if you would like an oriental theme wedding..federal has the place..their mandarin palace restaurant has very nice gold dragons carvings...it looks majestic..but there is no stage...

that is what i found out during my visit there...

Thanks evelynn..I was afraid of the response i was going to get! Now im back to square one..The problem is, i reside overseas and its been tough. I have to rely on either my parents or fiance's brother to check out the places. Oh well..Thanks again!

I agree with evelyn85. 100%! Look elsewhere. I am still surprised there are people who short listed such a run-down hotel for their wedding dinner.

I agree with evelyn85. 100%! Look elsewhere. I am still surprised there are people who short listed such a run-down hotel for their wedding dinner.

Thanks amanda angels.

Vanz,

i am not residing in msia as well. but im quite near to msia. so when matter arises im still able to travel down...lucky me.If youre far away, get your family to take snapshots first and do not place any deposit until you have seen the pictures of the venue.

what kind of venues concept do you have in mind? and what is your capacity/budget?

evelyn85...sure. Hehehehe...

Our Bands performed in so many hotels all over Malaysia for many years. That is why I can comment on so many hotels their pron and cons. Since this thread is specifically about Federal...let me add some more:

Their Mandarin Palace chinese restaurant has 2 big pillars are pretty annoying. They block more than 30-50% of the stage view..

depending on where you sit. They dont have a stage...but they will put one for you if you request them to.

Why would anyone want to book a venue for their wedding with 2 big pillars to block people's view??

The Loading is also hard if you hire a live Band. Their rear loading bay and lift are very small. Worse still if you have your wedding

in the higher ballroom. The poor Band members have to carry the heavy equipment up 1 floor as the lift only reaches 1 floor below the ballroom! That is why Live Bands always charge higher when any couple want to hire them in Federal.

The last time we were there...we were in the ballroom's Soundroom to help adjust the MC's mic cos the sound was pretty bad.

OMG! The mixer, amplifier and etc are from early 1970's!! :ohmy: I could not believe my eyes. No wonder the sound was so bad.

I hope they have changed the entire ballroom sound system as it sounded really bad.

They dont have their own Parking. So you have to go through the hassle of competing with other cars to find a car park in lowyatt building or outside. The traffic in that area is well known for heavy jam...no matter what time of the day.

Over all...i always discourage couples from Federal. The bad points are so not worth it.

evelyn85...sure. Hehehehe...

Our Bands performed in so many hotels all over Malaysia for many years. That is why I can comment on so many hotels their pron and cons. Since this thread is specifically about Federal...let me add some more:

Their Mandarin Palace chinese restaurant has 2 big pillars are pretty annoying. They block more than 30-50% of the stage view..

depending on where you sit. They dont have a stage...but they will put one for you if you request them to.

Why would anyone want to book a venue for their wedding with 2 big pillars to block people's view??

The Loading is also hard if you hire a live Band. Their rear loading bay and lift are very small. Worse still if you have your wedding

in the higher ballroom. The poor Band members have to carry the heavy equipment up 1 floor as the lift only reaches 1 floor below the ballroom! That is why Live Bands always charge higher when any couple want to hire them in Federal.

The last time we were there...we were in the ballroom's Soundroom to help adjust the MC's mic cos the sound was pretty bad.

OMG! The mixer, amplifier and etc are from early 1970's!! :ohmy: I could not believe my eyes. No wonder the sound was so bad.

I hope they have changed the entire ballroom sound system as it sounded really bad.

They dont have their own Parking. So you have to go through the hassle of competing with other cars to find a car park in lowyatt building or outside. The traffic in that area is well known for heavy jam...no matter what time of the day.

Over all...i always discourage couples from Federal. The bad points are so not worth it.

yea i totally agree thats y i axed them out...