Hi Dovey, im not too sure if christian can replace colok with somethin else..Maybe no prayers stuff, just some simple gifts like fruit basket, whisky, kuihs ..

Thanks Sunday Orchid.

Hi Dovey, im not too sure if christian can replace colok with somethin else..Maybe no prayers stuff, just some simple gifts like fruit basket, whisky, kuihs ..

Thanks Sunday Orchid.

dovey, no prob :)

I heard that there will be a new shop selling all these wedding stuffs opening at Happy Garden, KL. I don't know the name coz my mum get the news when she went to pasar there. Exact location I am not sure, but it's somewhere near the pasar pagi at Jalan Riang. Anyone have idea?

Thanks Leongal for sharing the list. This looks very similar to what my sisters had for their wedding.

Want to ask everyone's opinion - I got my dates and list from LTP but the GDL list they gave is very very simple and short. It's good in a way for those who want simple list. But it's so simple till there's no mention at all to buy teapot, bed lamps and red umbrella. I thought these are very essential and basic.

So i called them and asked about these items - who to buy and all. These are the explanation.

Bed lamps - During olden days people would use "Lung fung chuk" because there's no lamps

Umbrella - This is for different dialects tradition, not the Chinese tradition (-_-)|||

Teapot - Groom will bring over to the bride's house on the actual day and there's it's not necessary to use new one. (HUH?? i thought must buy new set and the bride will buy then after tea ceremony at the bride's side, bring over to the groom's side?)

Hopefully you all can advise me a bit because I'm also lost which one to follow...

eclaires, I think the explanation from LTP is not make sense. It's totally different from what I know.

Eg.

Tea pot... it must be a new one.. as we cannot take/borrow happiness from someone else.

Red Umbrella - yes, it's depends on dialect. As far as I know Hokkien did not use it.

Bed Lamps - it's a must item for Chinese customary.

I also think their list is too simple. I think their tactic is hope you will go back and ask.. then they will further push you to buy things.

I went to a shop in Happy Garden (near the 4 face buddha), and they do provide list as well.. which is quite complete.

Hope this will help you abit.