sharonyipsm

Documents for ROM Applications & ROM day

Here are 2 steps for marriage registration in Malaysia:-

1) Submission of application form

During the submission of form, both the bridegroom to-be and the bride-to-be must present in person (witnesses need not come) and bring along the following documents:

• Original and photocopy (A4 size not to be cut) identity cards. (Front & Back)
  • Original and photocopy (A4 size not to be cut) birth certificates.
  • Three passport-size coloured photographs each
  • A photocopy (A4 size, not to be cut) of the respective identity cards of two witnesses who must be Malaysia Citizen above 21 years old.
  • Foreigners are required to bring their passports.
  • If the bridegroom to-be or bride-to-be is less than 21 years old, his or her father must be one of the witness.
  • If his or her father already passed away, his or her mother can become a witness. But his or her father's original death certificate must be produced.
  • During submission of application, the couple could choose the date of registration of marriage themselves, but it must not be more than 2 months from the date of submission.
  • If it is not under the above circumstances, please consult the Registrar beforehand.

Both the couple and the two witnesses must be present and bring along the following:

• The couple's original identity cards.
    • The couple's original birth certificates.
    • Two witnesses original identity cards.
    • Foreigners must bring along their original passports.
    • Other documents: Father's death certificate or divorce certificate or spouse's death certificate must be the original copy.
      The information above is based on my submission in Thean Hou Temple.

To add to that: If you're marrying a foreigner, he has to get a Single Status letter plus passport - no need for IC/birth certificate. The Single Status letter can be obtained from the embassy prior to submission of document. Depending on which embassy, it can be a tedious affair.

To add to that: If you're marrying a foreigner, he has to get a Single Status letter plus passport - no need for IC/birth certificate. The Single Status letter can be obtained from the embassy prior to submission of document. Depending on which embassy, it can be a tedious affair.

Meiteoh,

Sorry.. forgot bout the foreigners.. hehehehe thanks for the post.

Here are 2 steps for marriage registration in Malaysia:-

1) Submission of application form

During the submission of form, both the bridegroom to-be and the bride-to-be must present in person (witnesses need not come) and bring along the following documents:

• Original and photocopy (A4 size not to be cut) identity cards.
  • Original and photocopy (A4 size not to be cut) birth certificates.
  • Three passport-size coloured photographs each
  • A photocopy (A4 size, not to be cut) of the respective identity cards of two witnesses who must be Malaysia Citizen above 21 years old.
  • Foreigners are required to bring their passports.
  • If the bridegroom to-be or bride-to-be is less than 21 years old, his or her father must be one of the witness.
  • If his or her father already passed away, his or her mother can become a witness. But his or her father's original death certificate must be produced.
  • During submission of application, the couple could choose the date of registration of marriage themselves, but it must not be more than 2 months from the date of submission.
  • If it is not under the above circumstances, please consult the Registrar beforehand.

Both the couple and the two witnesses must be present and bring along the following:

• The couple's original identity cards.
    • The couple's original birth certificates.
    • Two witnesses original identity cards.
    • Foreigners must bring along their original passports.
    • Other documents: Father's death certificate or divorce certificate or spouse's death certificate must be the original copy.

Thanks for the information.

I find it more informative then the JPN website :P

Sharon,

Thanks for the useful information!

I just want to add on something...

for the Original and photocopy (A4 size not to be cut) identity cards.

means, photocopy of IC front and back original size on A4 paper.

==> During my submission that time, there is a couple who actually photocopy their I/C in the size of A4.

The Staff there got shocked and laugh. lol.

sharon,

i think you got to be more specific it's ROM in msia at JPN or temples lor...

to ROM in JPN, Putrajaya during form submission, if i remember correctly we need :-

- both to be present on the form submission day together with IC & passport sized photograph.

- no witness photocopy of IC is required. witness I/C is only required on ROM day itself.

- during form submission, the ROM date that they couple choose can be max 6 months ahead.

To add: For foreigners, you'll need to get your Single Status letter notarised by Wisma Putra (together with the translated docs if there is a translation).

Also, if you wish to get married by special license (waiting period is only one week), can only do in Shah Alam. =.=

Thank you all so much for sharing the info for ROM. I was wondering if anyone know what needs to be done if the bride and groom comes from different state, which is also shown in the IC? I'm from Selangor but hubby is from Pahang but both live and work in KL. I'm not very sure but I remember someone told me that I need to approach the registrar offices at both states respectively?

Thank you all so much for sharing the info for ROM. I was wondering if anyone know what needs to be done if the bride and groom comes from different state, which is also shown in the IC? I'm from Selangor but hubby is from Pahang but both live and work in KL. I'm not very sure but I remember someone told me that I need to approach the registrar offices at both states respectively?

Hi,samsam

i haven't done my ROM but i hv checked oredi. as d following:-

JPN : yr husband can pay RM10 for update latest(KL/Sel address) in to the clip(mykad)

to ROM in JPN, Putrajaya during form submission,remember they need :-

- both to be present on the form submission day together with IC & passport sized photograph.

- no witness photocopy of IC is required. witness I/C is only required on ROM day itself.

- during form submission, the ROM date that they couple choose can be min 21day & max 6 months ahead

- Registered Fee is RM30.00

to ROM in Thean Hou Temple can log on they web site as d following:-

JPN- HQ (PUTRAJAYA) TEL NO. 03-88807000

THEAN HOU TEMPLE (KL) www.hainannet .com FOR this they need more documents during submission.

:rolleyes:

Hi svmandy, means he'll have to update his IC first then? Thanks so much for your info! They're very helpful! Now it's time to think when to register. Our AD has already been set but ROM still not yet. :P

ya sam sam. IF you want to do at JPN, then your hubby will have to update his IC address first. If you choose to ROM private, meaning like at Tean Hou Temple those, then this address restriction does not apply.

Thanks for the info. ;)

I have a question. Witnesses for ROM, can they be your parents? Any requirements? Many thanks! :D

Thanks for the info. ;)

I have a question. Witnesses for ROM, can they be your parents? Any requirements? Many thanks! :D

Witness can be anyone that is more than 21 years old. My dad and my FH's dad are going to be our witness for our ROM.

Many thanks SLing! Hope it's not too tedious. We'll be submitting our application next Friday. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed. :D

Thanks for the info. ;)

Witness can be anyone that is more than 21 years old. My dad and my FH's dad are going to be our witness for our ROM.

Many thanks SLing! Hope it's not too tedious. We'll be submitting our application next Friday. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed. :D

Rene, next Friday means 3 Aug? Tt's my ROM day. Where are you going to do ur ROM?

What a coincidence! :D And congrats too!

Yes we'll be submitting the forms on 3 Aug. Had to apply for leave.

We're planning to have the ROM on 3 Dec 07. Should be okay, or is that too late??? Cus I read from somewhere in the forum saying JPN Putrajaya only wed 15 couples per day. Is that correct?

What a coincidence! :D And congrats too!

We're planning to have the ROM on 3 Dec 07. Should be okay, or is that too late??? Cus I read from somewhere in the forum saying JPN Putrajaya only wed 15 couples per day. Is that correct?

Wah Rene, wonder will we meet. My ROM also at Putrajaya. i think to submit now still ok coz tt day not a hot date right? anyway they will be able to let u know if the date is available.

Your ROM doc to bring are you and FH IC (original) and passport size photo 1 copy for each of you. Then go JPN, take form from 1st counter and fill up (remember to bring pen, dun hv to sign the form yet),then take number for submission from the same counter and wait. The officer will then check your form, then you and FH to sign in front of her on the form. She will then print you a letter stating the date of your ROM.

if not to many people, the process can be done in half an hour. Have fun ya.

Now I know how you look base at your avatar pic, I'll definitely say HI to you! :blink:

I'm not sure 3 dec is a hot date, it's a random pick. Haha. The process sounds simple therefore looking very forward to it. Many thanks for the info. :ph34r:

What a coincidence! :blink: And congrats too!

JPN putrajaya do ROM for 20 - 25 couples a day.. :)

Dear All here,

I would like to ask if anyone knows the procedure of getting an assistant registrar to a private venue? My FH and I are looking at getting an assistant registrar or a pastor to our reception venue. However, we are both not Christians but we understand that these are the 2 options we have if we want to be registered in a private location. Pls advise if anyone here knows what we should do.

Thanks!

Dear All here,

I would like to ask if anyone knows the procedure of getting an assistant registrar to a private venue? My FH and I are looking at getting an assistant registrar or a pastor to our reception venue. However, we are both not Christians but we understand that these are the 2 options we have if we want to be registered in a private location. Pls advise if anyone here knows what we should do.

i just get to know one registrar that can arrange a private registration but the charge is RM500. i was thinking of doing that but after knowing about the charge, i better go to putajaya. hehe

if you want the contact, just PM me ok.

Thanks!