Sign in to follow this  
qarezma

How soon should i inform my boss?

Since you're heading into your 2nd trimester, you can inform them already. Just write a letter to HR and cc your boss stating that you're currently in your no of weeks and when your due date is. This is so that they can start looking for a replacement for your maternity leave and etc. That's very formal la but otherwise, word of mouth is good enough as well.

Q, anything holding you back from telling your boss? Any promotional issue, or would he/she discriminate preggies?

when i was preggie with Gina, i told my bosses even at 1st trimester, partly bcos my secretary couldn't keep secret... :)

Q, anything holding you back from telling your boss? Any promotional issue, or would he/she discriminate preggies?

when i was preggie with Gina, i told my bosses even at 1st trimester, partly bcos my secretary couldn't keep secret... :)

we had a short discussion yday, and i told him the news... want to be able to plan for my maternity leave later.. and possibly some unpaid leave too

whats stopping me.. shy la.. paiseh preggy so fast after my 1st baby :P

I hv got a lot of flexibility from him with my job due to my 1st baby itself...

whats encouraging me.. i want him to stop giving me so much pressure!

In fact, i think preggy women cant be discriminated rite? if they were to retrench me, i can sue them cos they know i am preggy...

Urm, it's a common problem here in SG tho - we had a large number of cases whereby pregnant women have either been fired, forced to leave and etc, before or after their delivery. :S

Urm, it's a common problem here in SG tho - we had a large number of cases whereby pregnant women have either been fired, forced to leave and etc, before or after their delivery. :S

OMG isnt that illegal?!

i tot pregnant women were meant to be protected

well./..i totally understand the feeling of a pregnant working mum. some superior or managers will treat u like one kind when they got to know tht ur pregnant, which they tot u 've got the priority to escape frm taking task. Really hate tht cos they dont even understand the feeling's of pregnant ladies which i hope they will realize one day if it happens where their wife or gf getting pregnant and being discriminate in workplace.

Some of these companies don't want to pay maternity leave and etc so they do all sorts of things to get rid of pregnant workers. These ladies would be so stressed out that they end up quitting themselves.

I have no no choice but to tell my boss at my 1st trimester because he wanted to send me for one week oversea training cum work during my 1st trimester so i rejected the offer by telling him the truth. I do feel that he seems like lost confidence in me as i am not that carrer wowman :(