Sign in to follow this  
uniquesoul

unhygienic of nestle nan 2

I'm kinda disappointed with nestle nan 2, all this while my gal was consuming nan 1 since birth.

Until last night i found a strand of hair which looks more like a pubic hair inside the powder.

As the matter of fact, the powder is not cheap either, but how can it be so unhygienic? Furthermore its for the consume by babies which

their company should look serious into this. Will never buy tht product anymore.. :sauer2:

OMIGOD...

Dunno about M'sia but here, I know of mummies who will take photos and launch reports with the relevant ministries, newspaper, etc. :S

yeah, already make a report and they request to replace a new pack for me. =_= but i doubt if i would use their product again..i did take a picof the hair..and i'm gonna show tht to the salesperson when he come over to deliver the pack.

agree with mabel, u should report to nestle at least, if they dont reply or take action then u can go higher

yeah, already make a report and they request to replace a new pack for me. =_= but i doubt if i would use their product again..i did take a picof the hair..and i'm gonna show tht to the salesperson when he come over to deliver the pack.
agree with mabel, u should report to nestle at least, if they dont reply or take action then u can go higher

they dont ask for any proof when offering to send a replacement? does that mean we can make false claims to get freebies?

Hmm,,i guess even if they ask proof, how sure are they if we made it up ourself?like we putting hair into the powder and such, rite? Even if they will replace with another new pack or not, i still feel skeptical with the product now. what makes me concern is i'm a loyal consumer all this while but really dissapoint with wat i saw in the milk powder yesterday.I've tried enfagrow last 2 mths but dont really like the powder cos it was difficult to resolve and i chg bk to nan 2. all i did is just make a complain to them abt this issue. hoping tht in future they will be more conscious on bb's product. sighzz

they dont ask for any proof when offering to send a replacement? does that mean we can make false claims to get freebies?

Your proof is in the photograph that you take - whether they want to take you seriously or not is their problem and not yours. Who in the right mind would want to put hair in a can of powdered infant milk which they have just opened/purchased? Got nothing else better to do keh?

Usually food companies take this sort of thing very seriously. I once made a report to Cold Storage (many many years ago) when my mum bought some BBQ sausages and they smelled AND tasted like cockroach. She didn't want to tell the staff about it for the same reason as you mentioned (scared kena backfire) but I made her do it anyway and to tell them that we don't expect anything in return, just want their staff to be aware of the problem with the food that they are selling. Turned out to be some storage/packing problem with the entire batch.

Launching a report is not so much to get anything replaced for yourself but to create an awareness about their hygiene standards in their factories which will benefit other people in other states and so forth.

you are right, but i find tht in m'sia, consumer rights issue is set to a limit where its not being bother by most of the food companies when there is any complain made.there are even times where i bought an expired baby food from carrefour and went to chg it the next day,all they can do is just applogize and u still can see expired porducts displayed on the rack. so, did cold storage took any action on the complain?

Your proof is in the photograph that you take - whether they want to take you seriously or not is their problem and not yours. Who in the right mind would want to put hair in a can of powdered infant milk which they have just opened/purchased? Got nothing else better to do keh?

Usually food companies take this sort of thing very seriously. I once made a report to Cold Storage (many many years ago) when my mum bought some BBQ sausages and they smelled AND tasted like cockroach. She didn't want to tell the staff about it for the same reason as you mentioned (scared kena backfire) but I made her do it anyway and to tell them that we don't expect anything in return, just want their staff to be aware of the problem with the food that they are selling. Turned out to be some storage/packing problem with the entire batch.

Launching a report is not so much to get anything replaced for yourself but to create an awareness about their hygiene standards in their factories which will benefit other people in other states and so forth.

They got rid of the batch that went bad and offered to give us a new one for free. :p I think sometimes they don't take people seriously because we don't kick up enough of a storm on the matter. Then again, the workers sometimes don't really care. :S

I'm shock if they treat it normal furthermore its baby's product, if it happens to be others like milk or ice-cream, i can close 1 eye. After all, they did ask for the expiry date,barcode and etc of the product but i think we have discard the packaging cos everytime we pour the milk powder into a container and then throw away the box. I only found out the hair thingy when the powder has almost finished. was pretty disgusted when i think abt it..

maybe it's a normal occurrence to them (to have foreign stuff in the powder) ... since they don't even bother to investigate or ask for proof before agreeing to exchange

I'm shock if they treat it normal furthermore its baby's product, if it happens to be others like milk or ice-cream, i can close 1 eye. After all, they did ask for the expiry date,barcode and etc of the product but i think we have discard the packaging cos everytime we pour the milk powder into a container and then throw away the box. I only found out the hair thingy when the powder has almost finished. was pretty disgusted when i think abt it..
maybe it's a normal occurrence to them (to have foreign stuff in the powder) ... since they don't even bother to investigate or ask for proof before agreeing to exchange

i dont pour the powder into the container. The best use for the milk powder is 1 month, and only if i can wash and clean the containers once every month it would be clean enough. I keep the silver foil packet inside a air tight container, and scoop the milk from there.

If it's normal occurance, I'd be freaked out. We are not even talking about something that we put on our faces or clothes but something we eat or give our children to eat. Would you go to a restaurant again if you found hair in the food you were eating, especially what looked like pubic hair????? Just the thought is enough to make me want to puke.