Sign in to follow this  
Tempura

Gardens vs Prince vs Renaissance

Hi all,

I'm currently selecting venue for my banquet in Feb 2012 and below are the shortlisted hotels:

1. Gardens Hotel

2. Prince Hotel

3. Renaissance Hotel

Would appreciate if you could share with me your experience and thoughts about the food, ambience, service and pricing of the venues above.

thanks ya' all !

I can share on these 3 hotels based on my experience having performed in all of them with our Live Band...not only once...but numerous times in each hotel.

Ambience....Close fight between Renaissance and Prince. Given a choice...I will pick Renaissance cos their ceiling is higher...so it looks more 'grand'. Gardens is hopeless in ambience! :angry:

Food..Prince hotel is heads and shoulders above not only the 2 hotels...but most hotels in KL! know cos I have attended many weddings as a guest there. The quality is always consistent.

When it comes to service...all 3 are about equal....but I will lean towards Prince for better service.

Hi there

Thanks for the advice and feedback, appreciate it much.

I've actually visited Prince Hotel during the Princely Fair somewhere last month. I've read alot bout Prince and good comments were given bout food and price, given its 5-star rating and strategic location in the heart of the city. However, the banquet setting and deco din impress me much, esp the Prince ballroom which i think will be quite packed and crowded for 30-35 tables.

Meanwhile, i've visited Gardens hotel as i've never heard much remark and feedback as its a relatively new hotel. I was lucky as there was a wed banquet hell on the day of my visit. My fiance and I really like the deco and settings of the ballroom with the chiffon fabric on the ceiling of the ballroom. Besides, the ballroom looks spacious and grand given its width. Not sure bout food and service though.

As for Renaissance, i have yet to visit the ballroom but i've heard that the packages and pricing are one of the best deal in KL. Food and high ceiling ballroom are some of the great points. However i'm worried as i've heard that for banquet with 60 tables and below, sharing of ballroom will be required and i dun seem to like the idea of parting the grand ballroom into two and holding the wed ceremony side by side with another couple.

These are just my 2 cents thought. Please advice and feel free to throw in your thoughts!

Thanks for the feedback. I did check out on Renaissance as well and really have to agree about the idea of parting a ballroom is not so nice. I am planning for a wedding in March 2012 and is looking around as well. How did you start of in the quest? I am having a headache looking for places now. Please advice.

Thanks

Hi there

I've actually visited Prince Hotel during the Princely Fair somewhere last month. I've read alot bout Prince and good comments were given bout food and price, given its 5-star rating and strategic location in the heart of the city. However, the banquet setting and deco din impress me much, esp the Prince ballroom which i think will be quite packed and crowded for 30-35 tables.

Meanwhile, i've visited Gardens hotel as i've never heard much remark and feedback as its a relatively new hotel. I was lucky as there was a wed banquet hell on the day of my visit. My fiance and I really like the deco and settings of the ballroom with the chiffon fabric on the ceiling of the ballroom. Besides, the ballroom looks spacious and grand given its width. Not sure bout food and service though.

As for Renaissance, i have yet to visit the ballroom but i've heard that the packages and pricing are one of the best deal in KL. Food and high ceiling ballroom are some of the great points. However i'm worried as i've heard that for banquet with 60 tables and below, sharing of ballroom will be required and i dun seem to like the idea of parting the grand ballroom into two and holding the wed ceremony side by side with another couple.

These are just my 2 cents thought. Please advice and feel free to throw in your thoughts!

Hi there

Prince grand Ballroom can host up to 350-380 pax. Since you dont like sharing the ballroom like Renaissance...you should even mroe consider Prince. Why? Prince ballroom is on its own. No sharing-sharing...or diving into 2 sections. You have the ENTIRE ballroom for your Dinner! So...no stangers walking in and out of your ballroom unlike other Hotels that has to share-share and divide their big ballroom into 2-3 sections.

Hi Jaslene/ Amanda,

Thanks for your feedback...appreciate it much...I've now shortlisted btw Renaissance and Prince....Gardens seem to charge on every lil thing including LCD projector ! their packages are very inflexible and not much negotiation can be done, hence i've dropped it despite the high ceiling and scallops deco of the banquet hall which i loved...

Prince is good, food is remarkable but somewhat, pricing is still slightly off my budget...their packages are very flexible...the sales rep offered me add free corkage of liquor, free function room for tea ceremony, 2 deluxe rooms for parents and 2 nights stay in the Bridal Suite...! one of the best offer i've encountered....!

Renaissance, i've heard alot bout it...value for money...cheapest 5-stars hotel in KL, food is average, portion is huge...but alot complained that the ballroom is old and run down....not to mention bout the splitting of banquet hall...i have yet to visit the ballroom..will pay a visit by this weekend..hopefully there will be a wedding function this weekend so that i can witness the actual deco/ settings of the ballroom...

will have to decide on the banquet by this weekend or it will be too late...hope it helps and all da best in selecting yours too !