Sign in to follow this  
fluene

Gas stove vs Induction Cooker

Going to set up the kitchen of my new house soon. Undecided between conventional stove and induction cooker. Conventional gas stove is more practical and easier to use. Induction cooker is more modern and clean but a bit difficult to get the right cooking heat. Which one would you choose? Anyone having experience with induction cooker, appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

I tried both and I like gas better. Easier to control the flame. Induction doesnt taste as good. It tastes too 'light' and not enough flavour.

I keep an Induction stove as backup in case I run out of gas :-)

gas stove is still economic in the long run. so u may have gas stove and just bought a small electric cooker pot for backup purpose.

Going to set up the kitchen of my new house soon. Undecided between conventional stove and induction cooker. Conventional gas stove is more practical and easier to use. Induction cooker is more modern and clean but a bit difficult to get the right cooking heat. Which one would you choose? Anyone having experience with induction cooker, appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

fluene, lately i bought induction cooker from aowa. 2 induction + 1 halogen (in case need to boil soup using ceramic bowl). but the halogen can be locked so that we won't accoidentally on it and burn our hand or paper. some more the halogen is built where it's not reacable by children's hand.

As for the 2 induction, 1 is flat surface and another is with curve surface so that we can still use the traditional wok. When I bought it, got promotion free 15-pcs of those pots, wok & utensil. Using induction is definitely save electric compare to use conventional gas. You may survey for more. Hope this helps.

fluene, lately i bought induction cooker from aowa. 2 induction + 1 halogen (in case need to boil soup using ceramic bowl). but the halogen can be locked so that we won't accoidentally on it and burn our hand or paper. some more the halogen is built where it's not reacable by children's hand.

As for the 2 induction, 1 is flat surface and another is with curve surface so that we can still use the traditional wok. When I bought it, got promotion free 15-pcs of those pots, wok & utensil. Using induction is definitely save electric compare to use conventional gas. You may survey for more. Hope this helps.

does the induction cooker work well with all utensils types? (eg non stick, aluminium & stainless steel)

does the induction cooker work well with all utensils types? (eg non stick, aluminium & stainless steel)

i never tried with aluminium. but i tried with my normal black wok. it works. non-stick pan works too. this induction can work with all types except glass & ceramic or clay. Another advantage is the surface of this cooker is that, for example we spill hot water on it, in within a minute, the hot water become cooler so that we can wipe without worrying to hurt accidentally. Hot water become cooler because of the material itself. If your're interested, maybe can visit their webpage or go to Times Square or Cheras Carrefour. They can explain better.

Aduh..as if i'm selling this ..haha..

No.. Induction only works with selected type of cookware - those metal which reactives to magnetic field. Stainless steel is ok.. while cast iron is not. Just take a magnet and place on the bottom of the pot or pan and if it sticks to the bottom then it will work with an induction cooktop. If the magnet does not stick to the pan, then the cookware simply is not suitable for induction cooking. So it is the base of the cookware that determines whether it can be used on induction cooker or not.

I have all 3 at home - single gas stove for my maid (wet kitchen), built-in 4-head Teka vitroceramic halogen hob (main kitchen) and a portable Philip induction cooker.

I use the vitroceramic halogen hob most of the time for my cooking and I prefer this over induction cooker as i can use any type of cookware. After i switch off the heat, there is still heat stored within the vitroceramic which will continue cook the food whilst induction cooker will cool off the second you remove the cookware from the cooker or switch it off. In addition, the price of induction cooker friendly cookware always more experience than the conventional one.

i never tried with aluminium. but i tried with my normal black wok. it works. non-stick pan works too. this induction can work with all types except glass & ceramic or clay. Another advantage is the surface of this cooker is that, for example we spill hot water on it, in within a minute, the hot water become cooler so that we can wipe without worrying to hurt accidentally. Hot water become cooler because of the material itself. If your're interested, maybe can visit their webpage or go to Times Square or Cheras Carrefour. They can explain better.

Aduh..as if i'm selling this ..haha..

since u use it before, your opinions are very good :)

thx

I have been using induction hob for more than a year and I am a definite supporter.

It's easy to clean, safe (compared to using gas), convenient (no need to replace gas tank) and does not consume too much electricity.

Induction hob is compatible only with metal cookware; ceramic hob is compatible with most cookwares just like a gas hob.

An amateur cook like me can't feel any difference in the food cooked by induction or gas hob :lol: , and I only need basic cookware made of metal. So induction hob works well for me.

Hi fluene,

We just bot a house now, but only can get the house key around Aug or Sep this year.

My hubby suggest induction cooker bcoz of modern, easy & clean.

Hi fluene,

We just bot a house now, but only can get the house key around Aug or Sep this year.

My hubby suggest induction cooker bcoz of modern, easy & clean.

I wanted to get Vees bt my mom insist to get gas, haiz.