Sign in to follow this  
miemie

AD on weekday or weekend? PJ or KL ?

hi all! Ok, im unsure to have my wedding dinner on a weekend / weekday. My hubby said weekday cheaper but then maybe not so many guest will turn up as the next day is a working day... so weekend sounded better but is more expensive.... -.-" at the end he just say "u happy then can la.... " he is more of the chin chai type.... so i talked to my relatives and friends, some prefer weekdays, others is weekends, but til the end.... also "up to u la..." aihhhz... den i cant decide if the dinner to be held in KL or PJ.... i stays in damansara so i thought PJ will be more convenient to me.... but most of my relatives stays in KL so they say KL have more restaurant options and ambience is better..... so i need to look at their convenience also right? coz if they cant come den my dinner will be so lil ppl only... all empty table den cham ler.... but i tot if in KL sure wil jam right? and den malaysia time if is 7pm start.... sure 8plus oni can start..... datz the earliest i hope... coz i just attended my cuz bro wedding dinner which starts at 9pm..... den d ppl der keep drinking and go toilet.... :S realli very headache planning a wedding.... especialli if ur husband everything also "u like lar.... im fine de.... u decide can lo..." type....

Any ideas or suggestions? In fact... i think im also not that fussy as long as its presentable and everything goes smoothly can di...

if you prefer weekday u may choose friday as next day some of them no need work. for banquet u can choose the one u like in terms of food and environment. well kl and pj not too far away so is still ok to choose either one of it. For weekend i would prefer saturday than sunday as if saturday ur guest can rest on sunday. well if on sunday next day will be monday blue. hope my info helps :)

miemie

this is a personal preference dear....

i choose weekend Sunday as i have oversea and outstation guest coming. I know Monday is a work day but those who come an at least attend my 1 night before dinner (especially family members) and spend more time together before the wedding day.

As for price, what is the difference btw weekday and weekend ?

KL vs PJ. I choose base on both of my & hubby's family convenience. As for the guest, I invite and they can choose to come or not its solely up to them. If they love me enough as friend or family, no matter how far they will still make the effort. I have friends coming from Singapore, Australia and I didnt hear anything from them except "for sure i'll turn up for your BIG day" and thats enough for me to know that these are true friends for me to share my day with them.

What matter is both of our family is convenient with the location I've chosen.

greats ya miemie,

what a decision to make right? when it's all up to us? and the hubby only cares about HOW MUCH they need to pay..like u, i did have the same problem before. as my wedding will be fully paid by my FH, so all he cares is "how much" he need to pay..and he has assigned me to do research and he will analyze it..

what you need to do is:

BUDGET

1st, decide on how much is your budget. how much is consider as cheap, and how much is consider as expensive? as for our case, my FH has set RM700-RM900 for the AD dinner. So i did some research based on the budget he gave me...

LIST

i made a list from it..list down all the restaurants in kl/pj (the price, complimentary, venue & etc)..from the list..we went to visit the restaurant one by one...until we made up our mind.

For us what matters are, not just the price must be within budget, but we also looking into the venue, availability of parking space, not sharing hall, interior of the hall and etc.

*The price also depends on how many table you want to have, if no suckling pig- will be much cheaper....

xoxo- just my 2 cents