qarezma

Are you working because of Career or Money?

Are you working because of Career or Money?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my vote for career and money too

a fellow MB-er said good career = good money

plus how to see the success and fulfillment in career without enough compensation ($$$)?

Urm, my choice is actually for family. I'm not a career hound and if I worked for money, I'd have taken a higher paying job. :P

Urm, my choice is actually for family. I'm not a career hound and if I worked for money, I'd have taken a higher paying job. :P

eventually the money u r earning now is channeled to your family, rite?

Yes, mostly savings, but it's not my top priority when I'm job hunting. :p

still it is the money... surely u must hv look for a job with a pay that gives u some savings

That's why you must define the parameters loh. :)

Some people can be working because they want to pass time - doesn't matter if they get promoted or not, or make heaps or money.

Some are working for money but to them, money must be a certain amount or the first thing they look for when they are job hunting.

Others like myself are taking jobs based on work-life balance and not so much money - enough to pay the bills. :)

That's why you must define the parameters loh. :)

Some people can be working because they want to pass time - doesn't matter if they get promoted or not, or make heaps or money.

Some are working for money but to them, money must be a certain amount or the first thing they look for when they are job hunting.

Others like myself are taking jobs based on work-life balance and not so much money - enough to pay the bills. :)

true true i can see myself in the same way too... i chose to stay in the current company for the stability and family-work balance.

If I were to pursue my career, I wouldn't worry about time and energy and will devote myself to the fullest to achieve my aim. However since I started a family, I voted for money.

I quit my good prospective job and opted for a simpler job with decent pay, although not as much as the previous job. I have more time for my family now.

My vote goes for money :) So I can buy my baby pretty things, lol. Besides, I"m quite lucky that there isn't much to do at work everyday, it's pretty relaxed :lol:

My vote goes for money :) So I can buy my baby pretty things, lol. Besides, I"m quite lucky that there isn't much to do at work everyday, it's pretty relaxed :lol:

Sounds so nice, good income but nothing to do? Envious!!!! :biggrin:

Sounds so nice, good income but nothing to do? Envious!!!! :biggrin:

Hehe, not to say nothing to do but not thattt much to do, very little stress :) Hope I"m not jinxing it, lol

What you work as? Need anymore candidates? Hehehe... :lol:

I work for a local bank. Small department so no office politics :) Got opening for Manager if you're keen, hehe.

I work for a local bank. Small department so no office politics :) Got opening for Manager if you're keen, hehe.

vv is always curious about our jobs.. she was once so amazed that i can FB from work... right vv?

haha.... working in a bank is so not my type.... lol.... :lol:

vv is always curious about our jobs.. she was once so amazed that i can FB from work... right vv?

hahaha...... did i? :lol:

before married, career advancement is top priority, after having baby, understand that no money, really cant survive

Money... how I wish I have tons now so that I can quit my job and stay home with my girl :bye: :bye:

Extra missing her today :(