Sign in to follow this  
uniquesoul

> to be honest on certain issue, yes /no?

During an interview, do u need to be honest on yr status which means do u inform d interviewer whether yr married or single? My ex keliq who was married said she dislike some companies being discriminating on interviewee's status esp for women, if the lady is married they will ask whether she plan to hv a child soon and if she has got kids, they are afraid tht she will take leaves to manage family problems. Chance to get hire is very slim for a married women. so shud 1 lied about her status?

the discrimination case is true, but when u fill up the form before interview, u also need to sign that all information given by u are true, and later if company finds out u lied, u are in big trouble.

Also, once u hv joined the company on a fake status, what if something comes up on the family side, how/what u going to manage getting off work?

I understand bout tht..but u knw competition is tight out there. singles are always given a priority and how are we married women gonna strive to get a job out there with all the discrimination eye on us, rite? I mean its ok to tell tht ur married sometimes they will ask more on yr family background and etc.. its like invading of privacy.

the discrimination case is true, but when u fill up the form before interview, u also need to sign that all information given by u are true, and later if company finds out u lied, u are in big trouble.

Also, once u hv joined the company on a fake status, what if something comes up on the family side, how/what u going to manage getting off work?

I understand bout tht..but u knw competition is tight out there. singles are always given a priority and how are we married women gonna strive to get a job out there with all the discrimination eye on us, rite? I mean its ok to tell tht ur married sometimes they will ask more on yr family background and etc.. its like invading of privacy.

from my experience it has not affected me much though, if the company genuinely looking for my experience and talent.

I went for 2 job interviews in nov/dec and both offered me the job, despite knowing my status and that i have a baby. I think they also know that family tending woman will also be just as motivated to work hard as they are working to support their husband financially. I was being the greedy and bad one, i had to reject both offers, one due to too far in KL and shift, and another one due to not ready to switch company once i got to know i was expecting

u mean they did not ask abt yr married status or whether u plan to have a baby..some com do ask this ques..and obviously they have something back on their mind..

from my experience it has not affected me much though, if the company genuinely looking for my experience and talent.

I went for 2 job interviews in nov/dec and both offered me the job, despite knowing my status and that i have a baby. I think they also know that family tending woman will also be just as motivated to work hard as they are working to support their husband financially. I was being the greedy and bad one, i had to reject both offers, one due to too far in KL and shift, and another one due to not ready to switch company once i got to know i was expecting

nope.. one interview with guys, they did ask like:

1) are u married?

2) if yes, how is your husband going to take the shift working hours?

3) do u have any kids?

4) if yes, who will take care of him when u work? is it ok with the shift working hours

another one with a lady, she asked general questions abt family and kids, and even shared with me abt herself, she was very friendly...

so they asked and knew abt my status, nothing hidden there

Well..i think it all depends on yr luck and also on what kinda interviewers u meet...

1) are u married?

3) do u have any kids?

4) if yes, who will take care of him when u work? is it ok with the shift working hours

another one with a lady, she asked general questions abt family and kids, and even shared with me abt herself, she was very friendly...

Well..i think it all depends on yr luck and also on what kinda interviewers u meet...

1) are u married?

3) do u have any kids?

true so... if interviewer is a all-out MCP then no chance...

I think you should be absolutely honest about your status, there's nothing wrong in being married at all, if you lie that you're single, and so happen you get pregnant once you join, what should you tell your boss? That you got knocked up accidentally & planning for a "wedding" now? That would be funny right?

Same case as qarezma, I also got offered for both job interviews I went (actually I was being headhunted, despite being married :p), in fact, if you worth the price & the value, the employer will still hire you irregardless of your marriage status, seriously, and you know what, I got pregnant at the same week I joined the new company..... Hahaha, imagine if I lied about it, what would happened?!! Hehehe.....

My advice is to come clean about yourselves, give yourself a little faith, you're good enough that they won't waste no hiring.. Gambateh!!! ^^

I think you should be absolutely honest about your status, there's nothing wrong in being married at all, if you lie that you're single, and so happen you get pregnant once you join, what should you tell your boss? That you got knocked up accidentally & planning for a "wedding" now? That would be funny right?

Same case as qarezma, I also got offered for both job interviews I went (actually I was being headhunted, despite being married :p), in fact, if you worth the price & the value, the employer will still hire you irregardless of your marriage status, seriously, and you know what, I got pregnant at the same week I joined the new company..... Hahaha, imagine if I lied about it, what would happened?!! Hehehe.....

My advice is to come clean about yourselves, give yourself a little faith, you're good enough that they won't waste no hiring.. Gambateh!!! ^^

LOL.. i still get calls from job agencies...

lying in the form that we sign is quite an offense, with the example u provided, once get caught, it doesnt give a good image of u

nothing against singles or married, but just look at it this way, most women of age 30 and above would be married anyway..and if the employer wants experienced person, takkan la they want to look for 25year old?

i am sure we also know there might be some race/religion/gender discriminating employers out there, my verdict is, if u want to discriminate me for whatever reason, u dont deserve me

LOL.. i still get calls from job agencies...

lying in the form that we sign is quite an offense, with the example u provided, once get caught, it doesnt give a good image of u

nothing against singles or married, but just look at it this way, most women of age 30 and above would be married anyway..and if the employer wants experienced person, takkan la they want to look for 25year old?

i am sure we also know there might be some race/religion/gender discriminating employers out there, my verdict is, if u want to discriminate me for whatever reason, u dont deserve me

Haha, yes, can't deny that experienced simply must also means "older"...... lol.... :p

Me too, still get calls from Agencies even though my marital status on the resume is "Married", so there's nothing to be worried about, they want you means they want you!!!! ^^