Sign in to follow this  
pinkhippo

2 Credit Cards for 3k Income earners?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Had always been a reader but not a poster, but decided to create an account today because I have something to ask. My buddy told me that there's a new credit card rule- that we can only have 2 credit cards if our monthly salary is 3k and below. Ok, it might be a plan to reduce bankruptcy, I know but I don't overspend on cards... but I have 3 cards which have special privileges on movies, petrol and discounts. Isn't there any way I can keep all 3?

Well i can't say for sure if you should cancel your cards. but you might wanna see this. Citibank is having a promotion for the coming months i think. From what i have been reading at the site, they say got free GPS and RM138 cash rebate.

http://www.citibank.com.my/english/promo/a...allcards-2011Q1

Sounds like a good deal no? :cool:

wow indeed good deal!!! wah now lagi headahce should choose the gps or the cash hahahaha.....

Well i can't say for sure if you should cancel your cards. but you might wanna see this. Citibank is having a promotion for the coming months i think. From what i have been reading at the site, they say got free GPS and RM138 cash rebate.

http://www.citibank.com.my/english/promo/a...allcards-2011Q1

Sounds like a good deal no? :cool:

wow indeed good deal!!! wah now lagi headahce should choose the gps or the cash hahahaha.....

choose the GPS la of course. the normal price is rm799. so it's pretty obvious on which to choose. :)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Had always been a reader but not a poster, but decided to create an account today because I have something to ask. My buddy told me that there's a new credit card rule- that we can only have 2 credit cards if our monthly salary is 3k and below. Ok, it might be a plan to reduce bankruptcy, I know but I don't overspend on cards... but I have 3 cards which have special privileges on movies, petrol and discounts. Isn't there any way I can keep all 3?

Under the Circular issued by BNM to the Credit Card Issuers which your Bank will be writing to you shortly, you have until 31 Dec 2011 to decide which Card that you want to keep. You must cancel the 3rd card, unless you can prove that you earn more than RM3K monthly. For those who earn less than RM2k, the Cards will be cancelled by the Bank come 31 Dec 2011.

To those with an outstanding balance on their Credit Cards, the amount will be converted into a Personal Loan and must be fully repaid within 2-years. This will cost some initial pain for those with a big outstanding balance. Banks are still awaiting for additional guidelines such as if the customer did not inform the Bank which card to cancel, what will the Banks do?

You must be out of date with what is happening around you, having more then 2 cards is asking for trouble, i too habe quie a few but i will need to cancel some off since the tax is killing me, if you got the citi cc just keep it, mine only serve as a petrol card since i can get 8% off at shell, now i save quite a bit and i can afford 2 or more extra meals, :wub: