athena

Hair Removal

I'm sure a lot of brides have this problem.

On their wedding day, everybody wanna be 'hair-free' as possible. ;)

What are the methods used? How long does it last? When to do it?

Hopefully can get some advice from here! ;)

I am using Braun Silk Epilator

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Braun_Silk_epil_3370

I dun think M'sia sell this model, but i am sure Guardian has the purple colour one. I bought this when i was in the UK. It is very useful, the hair only grow after 1 week. The Hair grown is not as thick.

I used it for legs and under arm. Pain Free after 1st time used :) However not very pain lah, like ants bite only

oic...but what about the face area, i saw an advert somewhere, can't rmbr where, they do whole face. so that your face will look 'clear' on the wedding day itself. you know la, some of us, have this small moustache! :huh:

oh, hehe, i've got moustache also.. i use Veet (for bikini) - The small 'strip' to remove it..

The whole face i am not too sure ler, maybe other members can help :)

underarm : i go to beauty saloon..waxing..i tried epilator for under arm..not suitable for me..

legs & hands : i use epilator..

face : my sis used thread to remove for me..very traditional way..

got any place u know using thread ah? I think it is quite good.. my friend went for indian thread hair removal.. i dun feel like going to indian ler..

anybody tried the electrolysis? heard it can last quite long

plus bella has been advertising their depilux permenent hair removal system. Anybody tried that?

plus bella has been advertising their depilux permenent hair removal system. Anybody tried that?

sounds scary ler, permanent hair removal. Does it mean it kills the surface of the skin or they kill the root of the hair?! :blink:

sounds scary ler, permanent hair removal. Does it mean it kills the surface of the skin or they kill the root of the hair?! :blink:

actually the permenant does not mean forever. it means it last longer than a few months... maybe up to a year being hair-free.

there are a few methods. the electrolysis one, they kill the roots of the hair.

the bella one, i think it is light(laser).

not too sure. I wanna give it a try but dunno if it's effective

i dunno whether there are any side effects. That is what i am trying to find out also :P

as for the price, bella, i dunno how much they charge

but i asked ultimate expressions before, they charge perhour. The therapist told me, they would individually pluck the hair for you. So i guess, it is electrolysis and not laser. One hour is aout RM120 if my memory serves me well! :)

There is one place in bangsar next to Madam Kwans small little boutique inside got the beauty saloon where the ladies do threading very cheap.

I went there for my eyebrow threading only RM5. it's done by indian/malay ladies. fast and can last 1-2 months.

But if u go for frequent facials u can ask ur beautician to pluck for u the eyebrows

Hi Jeanie,

Thanks for the info. I work in Bangsar and I think I know where...

Lynn,

Madam Kwan's is in Jalan Telawi...which Telawi I forgot lor...

lynn, madam kwans is near bangsar village

hey jeanie, what's the shop's name?

haha...actually hor.. i am thinking of doing waxing too....anybody tried? i read in femalebride forum the singaporeans are all doing it! :blink:

I've tried waxing for legs lar not too bad can last as long as epilator. I did the one is the ready strips wan not the hot wax. but price wise the one i tried was a bit ex lor. U can also buy the strips from guardian n do ur self.

But when u mention waxing r u talking bout bikini wax all that? Not sure where got bikini wax though. I think i'll b quite pai sei if i go for bikini wax.

the waxing for arms and legs i've done it using the veet roll-on. no pain! or my threshold for pain quite high!

yea, the waxing i mean is the brazillian wax. I also very paiseh wanna do. but after reading the femalebrides forum. wanna give it a go. but they mentioned also dem painful!

Wah liaus :o

I can imagine the pain! not something to look forward too! but quite hard to find place to do it.

I suppose it gives u a very clean feeling at least no unsightly stray hairs and all. hehehe but i shudder to think of the pain that is in store.

in bangsar, i saw a couple was places offering...but i still yet to work up the courage to try. Plus i dunno who is good. Hopefully some forummers here know of the good ones and share!

Anyone has done the permanent hair removal on armpit/leg with IPL (intense pulse light) before?

I know S'pore there are beauty saloons which provide such service, but not sure in KL.

Thanks for sharing.

Anyone has done the permanent hair removal on armpit/leg with IPL (intense pulse light) before?

I know S'pore there are beauty saloons which provide such service, but not sure in KL.

Thanks for sharing.

hi Tins

Welcome to MB! I know for one Adonis (the beauty centre) offers the treatment as well ...