athena

Hair Removal

i think first time go can get 50% discount . Dunno whether they still have this promo or not. Make sure u make appoinment first.

Happy waxing.

I can tell you from personal experience that brazilian waxing is RM88.... :P

I too go to Strip KL.. but i usually walk in didn't do appoinment also...

i think first time go can get 50% discount . Dunno whether they still have this promo or not. Make sure u make appoinment first.

Happy waxing.

Hi Gals.. so in short. waxing is not permanently removing the hair.. those more expensive course from Bella is to permanently remove?

Waxing will affect the hormone? Does it affect when the AV period?

Paiseh.. really never tried that before...

wormy,

yes, waxing is not permanent hair removal. hair will still grow again, but how fast depends on individual.

it won't affect the hormones and ur period. no worries there!

Some info to share

Waxing

How It Works: A sticky wax is spread on the area of skin where the unwanted hair is growing. A cloth strip is then applied over the wax and quickly pulled off, taking the hair root and dead skin cells with it. The wax can be warmed or may be applied cold. Waxing can be done at a salon or at home.

How Long It Lasts: 3 to 6 weeks

Pros: Waxing leaves the area smooth and is long lasting. Waxing kits are readily available in drugstores and grocery stores. Hair regrowth looks lighter and less noticeable than it is after other methods of hair removal, such as shaving. By applying this method more frequently the hairs become softer, finer and sparser. Because hairs regrow from the follicle, the ends of the hairs are not blunt: this method therefore causes hardly any irritation, redness or itchiness.

Cons: Can be painful the first time round because these hairs (often through frequent shaving) are somewhat coarse.

Many people mention that the biggest drawback to waxing is the pain when the hair is ripped out by the root. A person may notice temporary redness, inflammation, and bumps after waxing. Professional waxing is also expensive compared to other hair removal methods.

People with diabetes should avoid waxing because they are more susceptible to infection. Also, teens who use acne medications such as tretinoin and isotretinoin may want to skip the wax because those medicines make the skin more sensitive. Teens with moles or skin irritation from sunburn should also avoid waxing.

Tips: For waxing to work, hair should be at least 1/4 inch (about 6 millimeters) long, so skip shaving for a few weeks before waxing. Waxing works best on legs, bikini areas, and eyebrows.

*The above info is extracted from Hair removal and All hair removal methods

Hi Gals.. so in short. waxing is not permanently removing the hair.. those more expensive course from Bella is to permanently remove?

Waxing will affect the hormone? Does it affect when the AV period?

Paiseh.. really never tried that before...

Bravo, wye_ee, for the detailed explanation.

I personally prefer waxing than shaving. I used to shave in college, and my hair grew so fast and so coarse and so "gatal", yuck!

So far no cons that I have known off about waxing, other than the pain (but after several times, dun feel pain also), I enjoy it, especially, when after waxing, ur legs feel smoother since all the dead skin are lifted as well, and most important thing is the hair is getting, hm.., how to say it, lighter? And also last longer, around 3 weeks for me. If shaving 1 day only!

I believe those who have gone for waxing will be against shaving. Correct me if I am wrong. :rolleyes:

PS: I have read somewhere that permanent hair removal is only to prevent hair from growing in 1 year, not really permanent.

Dear all.. Thanks for the kindly help !!

My Beautifician advise me to wax it one week before the PS... just wondering will it look reddish during my PS.. is it advisable......

This will be my first time for my whole life .... *****BLUSHED****

Escudo... coz they said 1st timer may have reddish mark on the part you wanna wax.. did you experience this during first trial?

S_Y... never heard of it before.. How is it like?

Any one try the permanent hair removal from salon of Bella before? Can tell me the outcome? Hehehe

s_y, have tried before, but i still prefer waxing or shaving compared to veet. reason is that the instruction will tell you the max time to leave the cream on before going to shower. some hair are stubborn, so have to do twice.

wormy, it's a tube of cream where u apply the cream on the area where u want the hair removed for a short period. then off to shower and wahlah... the hair's removed. and when the hair grows back, it's finer. downside is when u have stubborn hair, so u have to do twice to have them completely removed.

emily, yalor... but waxing u dun so urself lor... get the beauty salon to do. hassle free. all u do is just lie down and in few minutes, it's done! ;)

S_Y... never heard of it before.. How is it like?

Any one try the permanent hair removal from salon of Bella before? Can tell me the outcome? Hehehe

Wormy, I tried it before. It's fantastic! For 2 months I didn't have to shave or wax or anything. The hair grows back much finer and softer.

I did the trial. I am super tempted to go back and take up the course. The price is stopping me :P

Fong.. i really ever think of such thing..

have trial from Bella 1 week before the PS :P

then have trial from Slimming sanctuary 1 week for AD...

What do you think? Ngek ngek ngek...

Hi,

Anyone tried waxing at Clarins Studio before? Read from the post that there is a salon in Bangsar which is good, however I am looking for waxing service in KLCC area or PJ area, which is more convenient for me.

If my AD is in mid Sept, can I go try waxing for the first time within these two weeks and then do the next waxing again one week before my AD? would it be too short for the time gap?

Thank you.

Hi Utama,

I think waxing is the same wherever you do it. 1 week before AD should be nice, since hair free + no red marks (if u have sensitive skin).

2 weeks for waxing is too close, it's better 3-4 weeks, reason is in 2 weeks, hair is still short, and if too short, it will be hard to removed.

I had the 1st trial.. the hair is growing 1-2 mm after 2 days.. can i shave it? I will have PS this week.. :(

Plan to do waxing on leg 1 day before PS

hey girls... i believe someone here was talking about threading.

check out Rupini's Beauty Consultant. They are located in Singapore and Malaysia.

http://www.rupinis.com.sg/html/location.html

If you are lazy... here are the addresses:

SINGAPORE

24/26 Buffalo Road (1st Floor) Singapore 219791

Tel: 6291 6789 Fax: 6294 3994

02-11C Midpoint Orchard (Opp Somerset MRT)

22 Orchard Road Singapore 238852

tel: 6738 6261 Fax: 6294 3994

MALAYSIA:

No.54-1, Jalan Telawi,

Bangsar Baru,

59100 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia

Tel: 03-2287 6780 Fax: 03-2287 9780

(it's above the shop selling party items)

Experience:

I went to the one in Singapore 2 days before my PS (very brave huh?)... no marks, nothing.

But girls, allow a week if you want to attempt the same... nanti ada red marks still got buffer to heal :P

I did the same for AD, a week before, also the next day, no marks, nothing... but different place, of course.

Done by a chinese lady running beauty services at her home... at OUG.

Charges? Definitely < SGD30 for face only... i really cannot remember, was too happy having facial hair removed ;)

Pricing on site: http://www.rupinis.com.sg/html/servicefile/eyebrow.html

hey girls... i believe someone here was talking about threading.

check out Rupini's Beauty Consultant. They are located in Singapore and Malaysia.

http://www.rupinis.com.sg/html/location.html

If you are lazy... here are the addresses:

SINGAPORE

24/26 Buffalo Road (1st Floor) Singapore 219791

Tel: 6291 6789 Fax: 6294 3994

02-11C Midpoint Orchard (Opp Somerset MRT)

22 Orchard Road Singapore 238852

tel: 6738 6261 Fax: 6294 3994

MALAYSIA:

No.54-1, Jalan Telawi,

Bangsar Baru,

59100 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia

Tel: 03-2287 6780 Fax: 03-2287 9780

(it's above the shop selling party items)

Experience:

I went to the one in Singapore 2 days before my PS (very brave huh?)... no marks, nothing.

But girls, allow a week if you want to attempt the same... nanti ada red marks still got buffer to heal :P

I did the same for AD, a week before, also the next day, no marks, nothing... but different place, of course.

It's a chinese lady running beauty services at her home... at OUG.

Charges? Definitely < SGD30 for face only... i really cannot remember, was too happy having facial hair removed ;)

Pricing on site: http://www.rupinis.com.sg/html/servicefile/eyebrow.html

OUG? How much the lady charge?

Do you have the contact?

aiyoo... i don't have the contact now, normally i will drive and my sister will direct.

i'll need to check with her... hang on.. will reply when i get the telephone number ;)

wormy, where u had ur trial done?

i wont recommend shaving, but pluck it. but if u have no patience, then shave lor..

but rmr tell the bs to do touch up on ur armpit area.. hehe

y wax leg ar? ur gown short ar?

I had the 1st trial.. the hair is growing 1-2 mm after 2 days.. can i shave it? I will have PS this week.. :(

Plan to do waxing on leg 1 day before PS

wye_ee. i tried in bella.. may be I ask my beauty salon to pluck for me tomorrow :)

waxing leg to remove dead cell and got whitening effect.. wanan see the result so that before actual day i can use.. my gown is not too short...