Sign in to follow this  
uniquesoul

Is there a way to get the gender you want?

Situation here is now that've already got a baby gal/boy so the next one will be vice versa. Is there any method to practice or follow in order to get the gender of the baby that you wish? Well, i' ve heard abt a few methods frm the elder, wonder if it really works. Can we get a more scientific facts frm the gynae or doctor?Any1 can share their opinion?

There are PLENTY of threads here on how to pick genders - seems that Asians are OBSESSED about it. >.<

If your doc/gynae who tells us that certain foods or positions will give you a boy or girl, I'd stop seeing that doc - am not joking. The only way I know to guarantee 100% boy or girl is via DNA/gender selection or whatever else how they call it. Only place so far which I know does it is in Thailand.

scientifically there are some methods, based on the fact that the Y chromosome has shorter life span.. so if u want a boy, consummate during earlier days of your ovulation, some positions help apparently.. and something with man's diet can help the Y chromosome's vitality... but i dont know what...

alternatively, there is the Chinese gender calendar :)

That's the thing - there ARE positions and diets but they don't guarantee success because of one thing - logistics.

When a man releases sperm, he doesn't just release ONE sperm. He releases millions. How sure are you that the one that fertilises the egg is going to be the one carrying XY or XX even though you have eaten this or that, tried that position or this position?

It's a 50-50 thing. Can you be sure that your odds are the same each time you make love?

But according to one of my aunt's teaching, she said tht she went for scanning on the ovulation date to check if the eggs are fully developed..if doc say yes, on tht particular day both the couple will do their job and if the women got pregnant, she will definitely get a boy.

haha..tht's true but ppl do say the xy sperm goes first..

That's the thing - there ARE positions and diets but they don't guarantee success because of one thing - logistics.

When a man releases sperm, he doesn't just release ONE sperm. He releases millions. How sure are you that the one that fertilises the egg is going to be the one carrying XY or XX even though you have eaten this or that, tried that position or this position?

It's a 50-50 thing. Can you be sure that your odds are the same each time you make love?

Mabel - Those are the kinds of Disclaimer or T&C you would see for these types of professional consultation

Unique - X or Y depends on the hubby sperm rite, not the eggs