Sign in to follow this  
tulip82

MUA from BS or freelance?

my wedding is on oct 2011...i have yet to get any make up artist...should i get it from my bridal shop(redbliss) or outsource to get from freelance?..any experience fro m anyone of you on the service of MUA from bridal shop compare to outsource?

my wedding is on oct 2011...i have yet to get any make up artist...should i get it from my bridal shop(redbliss) or outsource to get from freelance?..any experience fro m anyone of you on the service of MUA from bridal shop compare to outsource?

Hi tulip82,

It's best to get a freelance for your AD. MUA from bridal shop usually do heavy make up and might not be suitable for AD. and freelance will go to your house, its easier and you dont have to travel to the BS for your make up then go home to get ready...and your photographer will get to take pics of you getting ready with make up at home....hehe...

I actually decided to take freelance 2 days before my AD, thank god i managed to find one...hahah...yes, i'm a last minute bride...lol

hope this helps :cool:

hi kimmie18,

MUA from bridal shop charges cheaper when you go to the shop to make up.But if we request them to go to our house/restaurant on the actual day,then need top up a bit for their transport and extra time cost....my friend did try her MUA from the bridal shop for her wedding dinner (she go to the studio around 3pm),she say they provide more accessories compare to freelance....But i prefer them to go to my place to avoid hassle travelling around on my big day...my worry is that ,will they accept other job to make up other bride on my same day...will they be late for my make up session..so many question on my head. :dash2:

hi kimmie18,

MUA from bridal shop charges cheaper when you go to the shop to make up.But if we request them to go to our house/restaurant on the actual day,then need top up a bit for their transport and extra time cost....my friend did try her MUA from the bridal shop for her wedding dinner (she go to the studio around 3pm),she say they provide more accessories compare to freelance....But i prefer them to go to my place to avoid hassle travelling around on my big day...my worry is that ,will they accept other job to make up other bride on my same day...will they be late for my make up session..so many question on my head. :dash2:

Yes, MUA from BS will charge extra if you ask them to go to your house/restaurant..and yes, they do provide more accessories compared to freelance...i'm not a fan of lots of accessories, i'm the simple/classic look, so i was ok with limited accessories...you can go for trial make up with your freelance and see what your MUA can come up with...

3pm is way too early leh....her make up stayed on? I had my MUA in the hotel hence, my make up started about 4ish...

for me, no such problems lo, my MUAs (i had separate MUA for morning and dinner) were punctual and didnt do jobs for other brides. I think you have to make it clear to them when u meet up with them. And also, it helps if your mum and relatives also get their make up done from your MUA. that way, they wont cabut to other brides d...hehe....

ya i do prefer natural and nice make up...not those really 'kwa cheong' make up...mind share with me your MUA?..

Mine's penang based wor.....yours should be in KL rite??