enid

Recommendation of places to take up make-up courses

hi gals,

I am been thinking hard on my future. I think its about times I pursued my interest in bridal makeup course after my contract ends this july.. I am looking forward to enrolled in the academy. Any recommendation?? Any experiences ??

aiyaaa.. I been waiting for you girls help me to select for academy.. Anyway, nvr mind I already decided to take at Cosmopro in Sin.. starting course on 16 JUly till 14 Aug..graduated. AFter I graduated.. dun forget I am MUA already.. hehehehe

Hey buddies,

Does any1 of u know where can get a professional makeup course with certificate provided?

Feeling of wanna take the part time course for professional make-up as value added to myself........

kathie,

i got the same thinking too. here got a few schools dat provide such courses. but it cost about SGD3k! think think, it's much cheaper compare to my MBA lah....

haha......SGD3k izzit including all those makeup tools & necessaries? if yes, then it is worth! Cos I think Msia need at least 4K! I wil b looking around................really hope I cant hv my prof cert of it!

Hey buddies,

Does any1 of u know where can get a professional makeup course with certificate provided?

Feeling of wanna take the part time course for professional make-up as value added to myself........

Kathie

I have 2 friends who learn their make up and facial courses at Top to Toe in SS2 (2 friends is ending their courses)

and I have a friend who learn the course from Adonis (she is a trainer for beautician now for 8 years now)

I've surveyed before, the certs for these 2 places are recognised

forgot whats title (something like CIBTAC- which is recognised)

One more is JF Beauty - got 2 friends learn from there

but the cert i heard is not international

its quite expensive

I was a former student at Monica Lee Face Art Academy. And i personally think i was taught a lot of things that was very informative for me to break-out in the industry.

Monica Lee personally taught each and every one of her students. She gave good directly and she is a strict person. You get to go to makeup launches and get freebies from it. Besides that, you also get to go to fashion set and get to know how does it work in real life better.

The course fee is quite pricey but as for me i think it was worth it. If you're interested try google-ing Monica Lee Face Art and you'll come across their website.

Good luck!

Hi Glamourpuss,

I'm keen to take up a make up course too at Monica Lee Academy. Mind to share the course you studied and roughly (estimated) the course fees and tools?

Whr is this academy based at?

Thanx in advance.

I was a former student at Monica Lee Face Art Academy. And i personally think i was taught a lot of things that was very informative for me to break-out in the industry.

Monica Lee personally taught each and every one of her students. She gave good directly and she is a strict person. You get to go to makeup launches and get freebies from it. Besides that, you also get to go to fashion set and get to know how does it work in real life better.

The course fee is quite pricey but as for me i think it was worth it. If you're interested try google-ing Monica Lee Face Art and you'll come across their website.

Good luck!

Hi All,

Anyone have the idea where to learn make up? I want to learn, cause i don't know the basic of make up..

Appreciate all of your input :)

Berry

hi,

mayb u can try to ask meoki. she has a 'school' for make up course.

Hi Berry,

What is your budget like? :) Also, do you already have make-up products? If not....I can recommend a class that you pay about RM 600 to RM700 including all the make-up products and tools....and minimal RM30 for follow-up classes (for updates on make-up trends and techniques)....I have been following this class....they also teach facial.....now am a freelance beautician with quite an ok side income. :)

Hi Berry,

What is your budget like? :) Also, do you already have make-up products? If not....I can recommend a class that you pay about RM 600 to RM700 including all the make-up products and tools....and minimal RM30 for follow-up classes (for updates on make-up trends and techniques)....I have been following this class....they also teach facial.....now am a freelance beautician with quite an ok side income. :)

Hi MsLim,

I'm interested. I don't have any product and I don't know about make-up. Do they provide make up class where i can learn how to make up? What is the product brand?

regards

Berry

I am also interested woh .. where ah?

Hi Berry,

my friend got learn before recently. i see she makeup also very good liao after learning.

perhaps can try try la if u interested. i only have the contact number.

if want then can PM me for the contact number la.

she say got free don't know what brush i can't remember. class is in small group of 2.

my friend got learn before recently. i see she makeup also very good liao after learning.

perhaps can try try la if u interested. i only have the contact number.

if want then can PM me for the contact number la.

she say got free don't know what brush i can't remember. class is in small group of 2.

Dear lovu100,

i'm interested, could you pm me the contact?

hi ,

count me in ,i like to join. How much does meoki school charge ? My budget abt RM100-RM200

I checked the price b4,

1)RM99 , more ppl can be discount,venue: at your home. Teach by student from Monica Lee school. I saw the project but don't seems appealing

2)RM250 at monica lee school ,RM900 ( 6 sessions) at monica lee schoolhttp://www.monica-lee.com/face/eng/courses.html

3)Sense and style RM598 (5 lessons + free cosmetic worth RM400) at sunway www.senseandstyle.com.my

The classes that I go to are held in a studio in Old Klang Road called Inspiration Studio.....and the brand we use is Artistry.....one of the world's top 5 brands in the prestige skincare and cosmetics category. My friends and I have been attending the classes for a couple of years now.....can learn a lot and our skin has improved after using the products. They also teach facial for those who want to learn.....gua sha technique to be exact. After about a year I have managed to get my MLVK cert from the government.....so can actually open my own studio but I prefer to do it freelance. :)

Only catch is that you must use Artistry products....and refresher classes can be as low as RM5! They will also teach you how to do your hair, other aspects of grooming and social etiquette. Some go for the classes to start a part time business in the beauty line....some just to learn for their own use. I especially like the refresher courses because I have friends who spent thousands of ringgit to learn make-up just to forget all the technique in a few months! I have photos of the activities held in the classes....interested can PM me. :)