hot-choc

Would you have a nicer engagement ring or wedding ring?

What would you rather have?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is just to see what you girls think. :happy:

For me, i'm rather bias towards my engagement ring. My fiance really knew what kind of design i like, and had it specially made. I've always thought that the proposal is important and therefore the ring is as important as well.

So as we're planning our wedding, we're also looking for wedding rings. To me, a simple wedding ring will do. Don't even have to have a diamond or anything. Don't get me wrong, the significance of a wedding ring is important to me, just that the design isn't. :tongue:

After the wedding, i will be wearing both my rings together on the same finger, and my engagement ring design is rather hard to match. We went back to the same jeweler who did my e-ring, and tried some wedding rings. We decided that a simple band would be the best to go together with my e-ring.

That's what got me thinking, what do other girls feel? Would they want a beautiful engagement ring or wedding ring?

I'm different from you. I prefer nicer wedding band. For engagement ring, it is quite common that ppl will "upgrade" the diamond after a few years, but ppl normally don't change the wedding band.

ahh fred, I know people who "upgrade" their wedding band due to valid reason like when your wifey gets pregnant and after giving birth her finger size most of the time tends to be different (a size bigger or so) or after marriage both grew in size and have to get a bigger ring LOL.

ahh fred, I know people who "upgrade" their wedding band due to valid reason like when your wifey gets pregnant and after giving birth her finger size most of the time tends to be different (a size bigger or so) or after marriage both grew in size and have to get a bigger ring LOL.

so when buying the rings got to keep in mind whether it can be resized? hehe

my fiance suggested we buy simple rings now (so budget can go to other wedding things), then next time got more money, get nicer rings. haha..

well for my hubby he got me a nice engagement ring ... as it is for "now" fits just nice.

Wedding band we got it abit "loose" fitting so that i will still be able to wear it for the coming few years LOL.

Also as I pantang resizing wedding band for a reason :P

wedding usually simple because your hands are also "on duty".

Smooth surface band means less hassle.. if stud with stones, you'll cry when you saw it chipped or missing

My fiance is definitely not a ring person. Haha...but now we're getting his wedding band design, to match my e-ring

Got to wait to see how that goes.

I saw quite a few beautiful rings while browsing, reminded him that i got a lot of empty fingers. :tongue:

Actually now with the e-ring, i'm always checking my ring, cause in constant fear that one of the diamonds fall out. Any of you girls do the same?

My fiance is definitely not a ring person. Haha...but now we're getting his wedding band design, to match my e-ring

I saw quite a few beautiful rings while browsing, reminded him that i got a lot of empty fingers. :tongue:

Actually now with the e-ring, i'm always checking my ring, cause in constant fear that one of the diamonds fall out. Any of you girls do the same?

Hot-choc:

You can buy insurance for your diamond ring.If the stone fall out, the insurance will replace the stone.I got my insurance from the jewellery shop that I got my ring.It will also cover, cleaning and polishing of the ring for lifetime.

Hot-choc:

You can buy insurance for your diamond ring.If the stone fall out, the insurance will replace the stone.I got my insurance from the jewellery shop that I got my ring.It will also cover, cleaning and polishing of the ring for lifetime.

Hey chihuahua,

I was also looking around for insurance for my diamond ring. Can we only get it from the jewellery shop that i got my ring from? Not all places offer this rite?

Both my engagement and wedding is the same.. HAHA

I never knew there should be two rings, lol. I only have one diamond ring that serves as an engagement and wedding ring.

For my sister's wedding they actually designed their own rings for the ceremony. This was a very unique option and the first time I heard of it being done. Not only did they get a great set of wedding rings but also made some great wedding memories during the design process.

Hello,

Nowadays there are many places where you can design your own ring, not cheap though.

How long before your ROM or AD, did you girls get your wedding bands ready?

Hello,

Nowadays there are many places where you can design your own ring, not cheap though.

How long before your ROM or AD, did you girls get your wedding bands ready?

Will collect my wedding band by early of next month. My ROM is on 11-11-11. icon1.gif

This poll is just to see what you girls think. :happy:

For me, i'm rather bias towards my engagement ring. My fiance really knew what kind of design i like, and had it specially made. I've always thought that the proposal is important and therefore the ring is as important as well.

So as we're planning our wedding, we're also looking for wedding rings. To me, a simple wedding ring will do. Don't even have to have a diamond or anything. Don't get me wrong, the significance of a wedding ring is important to me, just that the design isn't. :tongue:

After the wedding, i will be wearing both my rings together on the same finger, and my engagement ring design is rather hard to match. We went back to the same jeweler who did my e-ring, and tried some wedding rings. We decided that a simple band would be the best to go together with my e-ring.

That's what got me thinking, what do other girls feel? Would they want a beautiful engagement ring or wedding ring?

I gotta admit — I'm gonna sound greedy - but I want both the engagement ring and wedder to be beautiful. :lol:

I'm planning to get a pave diamond wedding band (but engagement ring is not pave - but it has two side baguettes) ... so that I can still have some bling when I need to wear it on its own :wub:

This poll is just to see what you girls think. happy.gif

So as we're planning our wedding, we're also looking for wedding rings. To me, a simple wedding ring will do. Don't even have to have a diamond or anything. Don't get me wrong, the significance of a wedding ring is important to me, just that the design isn't. tongue.gif

i got a really nice one when he proposed - love it very much!

but i cant wear it everyday, so we went shopping for a nice ring that can be worn daily. i got something nice and simple and not too attention seeking. the only regret i had was to not get a platinum band instead of a white gold band - now i just need to live with the ring fading everyday into yellow gold before i go back to replate or maybe get another ring much later on. :)

I'm different from you. I prefer nicer wedding band. For engagement ring, it is quite common that ppl will "upgrade" the diamond after a few years, but ppl normally don't change the wedding band.

i think i will change either one when the need arises - especially when the white gold fades into yellow gold later on....but will keep the diamond cos its really nice and has sentimental values ! :D

I saw quite a few beautiful rings while browsing, reminded him that i got a lot of empty fingers. tongue.gif

mine too not a ring person - got him a platinum band the other day. a very simple one. :D

I will prefer a more fancy engagement ring over wedding band. My fiancee got me my dream engagement ring. Never in my dream I actually thought I will own it. So, I consider myself one of the luckiest girl now :D

Unfortunately my engagement ring doesn't come with a matching wedding band :dry:. So we have to settle for something else but nevertheless still satisfying to me.