fusionista

DIY wedding stuff (favours, ceremony, etc.)

hi sarah, fusionista,

i've actually emailed to papermart last year and asked them if they can courier or shipped the chinese takeout boxes to malaysia. and they replied that they don't :( so i had to forget about the idea of chinese take out boxes.... erm, also thought of making my own takeout boxes using the template that i found...in the end i just chucked out the idea as it's too much of a hassle.

anyway sarah, you can try emailing them again.

Syuen, why they cannot ship to Malaysia? Is there any other website you know that sells this box? Why nobody is selling this kind of box in Malaysia? its kinda cute, especially the polka dots box :P U said u try using the template... where did you bought it? Does it includes the wirehandle as well?

fusionista, how big is your chinese takeout box? if i want to put chocolate inside, do i have to put so many to fill the box, or can it fit a mini cupcakes, or a big muffin?

Thanks.

I bought the 1 pint boxes, but if you are putting chocolates inside (depending on how big ur chocolate is) you can go with the 1/2 pint box. That was my original plan but I thought it was too small (didn't look tai fong enough). With the mini cupcakes/muffins, again it depends on the size but I think 1 pint is a safe size to go. The website does have measurements of the boxes so you can kinda guess-timate. Your muffins there might be smaller, but the muffins in US is HUGE!!! It would need to be put in a 2 pint container.

I have seen pre-cut templates, you just have to fold it yourself. but that's still some work to be done lorr...

Oh I don't think you hv to fill the box to the brim with your chocolate, you can top them up with a mini thank you note inside or something like that :D

Anyway, I hv been decorating the boxes so as soon as I have a mock up done, I'll post the pic here :)

wow! that's really nice :) :) well done... what are you gonna put inside it?

as for me, i'm getting traditional peranakan (baba nyonya) potpurri done as wedding favours, to honour my heritage :)

Thanks gals!

Piggiemily,

I didn't fold la, it came fully assembled and stacked. (www.papermart.com). I just cut the ribbons, printed the lables and tags.

I'm gonna put 2 fortune cookies in each box (chocolate + orange flavours). I really wanted to put my friend's caramel pecan popcorn inside, but its too much to make and ship back to M'sia :(

joonie:

It's so cool to be Peranakan! I'm also using potpouri, but as wedding toss instead after we walk down the aisle after exchanging our vows and lighting the unity candle. I guess you can call it potpouri, but rather I think my mom is getting dried lavender lah :P

Normally, when i ship stuff back home it takes no longer than 2 wks.... Sometimes it gets there within the same week also, it depends :D

OK I made these last night, but they aren't wedding favours. I had been scratching my head for a guest book idea and I finally decided to make something like postcards for ppl to write on and drop them into a birdcage or fishbowl, depending on which one I can find. These are so easy to make, using leftover origami paper, and a "Hei" paper punch that I got from ebay.

DSCF2228Small.jpg

DSCF2227Small.jpg

And this is the signage for that area...

DSCF2229Small.jpg

fusionista,

The postcards are so nice!! Very good idea :unsure: I'm going to make my own guestbook too.... thinking of making it into a scrapbook form by pasting some pre-wedding photos

christine,

how much is the 'hei' puncher?

You really 'keng chau' lar, can find the hei puncher.

Ebay got sell mah the paper punch, any shape also got laaa... :P

It was quite cheap, only $0.50 but the shipping to US was like $10 lorr.. it's from HK actually. Maybe it'll be cheaper to ship to M'sia :P

I previously posted my DIY favour boxes and postcards for guests to leave me their wishes in wedding favours thread, but I also DIY my unity candles for our unity candle lighting ceremony. Here they are :)

IMG_0034Small.jpg

Close-up:

IMG_0033Small.jpg

I previously posted my DIY favour boxes and postcards for guests to leave me their wishes in wedding favours thread, but I also DIY my unity candles for our unity candle lighting ceremony. Here they are :)

IMG_0034Small.jpg

Close-up:

IMG_0033Small.jpg

NICE!!

Hey, i referred to that website too!! for my flowers and stationery ideas, tt is... but i'm not a DIY queen. more like ''custom-make'' queen, hehehe.

wah lau.. i wish i can mould my own wax! i've read up on it, but my kitchen is not really that versatile ler.. I bought the pink candles (they are hard to find for the sizes that I was looking for) believe or not!! Then I just decorate lor... but Michael's website shows you how to decorate them :P

What I mean by DIY unity candles is that, those sell at the stores, are usually in sets or already are pre-decorated but in white or ivory... so I have to do some work on my own for the pink ones we want loh :P Sorry for the misunderstanding ...