fusionista

DIY wedding stuff (favours, ceremony, etc.)

thanks for the compliment gooffy. i really need that to boost my confidence.

yumiko,

Awesome JOB!!! i very very impressed!!!

OK I made these last night, but they aren't wedding favours. I had been scratching my head for a guest book idea and I finally decided to make something like postcards for ppl to write on and drop them into a birdcage or fishbowl, depending on which one I can find. These are so easy to make, using leftover origami paper, and a "Hei" paper punch that I got from ebay.

DSCF2228Small.jpg

DSCF2227Small.jpg

And this is the signage for that area...

DSCF2229Small.jpg

where can buy the leftover origami paper?

rachel, they are soooo gorgeous. you must be proud of yourself! have you send them out yet? What did your parents, IL say?

Rae, It's so so so so nice!!!!

How much did you spend to get all the materials??

I alwaz wish that I can do my own invitation cards, but...I'm not a creative person..= )

Yes, the card was gorgeous.

My wife and me DIY our wedding cards too. We didn't spent too much details on the envelope. We merge 2 of our wedding photos into one JPG file. Put in some words and created an invitation card ala photo style. It is cheap and our friends would mostly keep it.

hi Rae, how much do u spend for the wedding card? i was thinking of DIY too. now gather some idea.

where do you get the material? yeah the love sticker where do you bought it?

Guest kirei

those items can buy fr specialty handicraft shop ( one utama has 2 shops or the curve-Papier).basically the 'love' shape is not a sticker, its a stamp ( cost rm 20-30+), then u need to buy the emboss powder ( cost rm 20+), a heater ( rm 120) , this is embossing craft. i love it so much , its good if u love bookscraping, then u can buy all these tools for future bookscraping after design your wedd card :lol: cos all these quite pricey, may add up more than rm500 ....

Am planning to do a one-piece wedding invite plus a guestbook (which is actually a scrapbook with pics of me and FH). I'm hoping to get the stamps from this site and the stationary from Singapore (if I have the chance to go to Spotlight or some paper shops at the Curve). ^.^

Unfortunately, I haven't started yet - the ideas are still in my head. XD

Christine: Do you have that stamp's ebay store addy??? If you do, can you PM it to me? :)

Just visited Papier at The Curve and bought trial sheets of papers - gold card, off-cream-gold backing plus transparent vellum paper and some very Japanese-cherry blossom patterned sheet. Total? RM14.80 - the Japanese sheet retails at RM10.80 per piece. O_O

I've got some ideas of what exactly I want to do - it'll will be a one piece invite so I'm looking to spend about RM2 per card plus all the "extras". Am going to put the pieces together with brass fasteners (they ran out so might get them later) and use the "hei" paper puncher.

Would like to get rubber stamp and emboss "hei" on the envelope but it might end up costing me a bomb (coz of the heater, powder and etc - cannot use hairdryer oso! Eesh!) so I'll see how it goes la. I have a wax seal with gold and silver wax but it's an initial "M" so...heh.

Am going to scout around art stores to look for cheaper paper and tools (have a few places since I used to study at an arty college!).

i salute all of u LADIES.... gifted with creative hands... i c c c i also wanted to do but then i think if i mess everything up... i'll probably spending twice on it.... hahaha... envy envy u GIRLS....

I made these really simple Thank You cards with our wedding date on the card today... I want it to look very "old school" and handmade :P

IMG_3956.jpg

Christine: That's gorgeous! :) I like the "just married" stamp.

Anyway, just updating myself (and you gals). Found a place that churns out the "hei" rubber stamp so I bought four of different font styles - am selling two to Kirei (coz she asked me to keep her updated). Probably won't emboss the envelope because don't really want to buy a heat gun...so I might just end up stamping the envelopes and my invites with gold ink.

FH, in the meantime, is busy looking for papers (his mum's an artist in France so I trust his judgment).

Looks like any normal rubber stamp lor. I'll try and take a pic later this week coz only get it on Thursday...you can go to any store that does rubber stamps and ask them to make. :)

Hi Meiteoh,

mind do share where can get those 'special' paper to DIY wedding card.

i'm looking at the 'transparent' paper. but have some corak on top of it. get wat i mean?

i had look around many book stores alr but still can't get it.

besides that, if u find a solution to replace the 'heater', share wit me ya! i'm looking at this also ..

cos the 'heater' is so expensive, cost RM100++ .... :P

thanks ya .. :)

Jojo: What you are looking for is vellum paper. :)

You'll probably need to go to art shops - there are a few around (look out for art colleges; usually these shops are just around the corner). Alternatively you can go to paper stores in 1-U and The Curve (Papier). :)