fusionista

DIY wedding stuff (favours, ceremony, etc.)

Jo,

you are welcome =)

yes it is .. really worth for your sacrifice =)

ahh .. yes! I hate that and many will not inform you even they didn't turn up, bad isn't it!?

and in my wedding, we kena a lot oh .. cakap I will datang I'm sure datang but where!? not even a sms or whatever .. gess!! that's it liau la .. even I met him at outside I also bo 'hiu' liau.

Jo & beautiful gown, this is such an interesting topic that you two have wandered off to :).

My wedding is in Sep. It is a destination wedding. We only expected 40 guests but received 50 rsvp. and since my other half's guests are caucasians we are expecting a beer/wine cost of RM600/drinker. 8-10bottles each. Yeah, crazy drinkers, and it's expected...sigh...

My problem is, 80% of them still hasnt booked their accommodation (which they are supposed to be paying for). So I dont know if I should order for them or not. Coz otherwise, i'll be having 100bottles of wine laying around if they dont show up. Yet, i've got to order the wine soon due to the large quantity.

Any suggestion?

OH, I cant chase them too coz they are all my hubby's side and he did some mild chasing already, any more and it'll be seem as a harrassment.

joyful 01,

mmm .. do you need to make pay any payment upon the booking for beer/wine?

have you discuss this matter with your HB?

Yes, full payment and no refund on any unconsumed wine/beer. The resort is an expert extortionist. They are taking every advantage to maximise their profit. FH is frustrated as well coz he cant pushed them any harder to make their accommodation booking otherwise it'll look as if we are being pushy.

joyful01, do you mind to tell which resort is this? normally when i am dealing with the hotels on any company event, we will try to settle bill aftr event; but if the hotel really dun allow, then only we will make the balance payment two weeks before event date. in your case, i think it's too much already for the hotel to do so.

so i guess now u hv no choice but just stick to whatever you've confirmed with the hotel since isn't refundable. now is only june, so really hard for the guest to RSVP so soon. also, they might change their plan at anytime as well. those who say yes sure coming might last min dun turn up, but those u least expected might come.

joyful01, do you mind to tell which resort is this? normally when i am dealing with the hotels on any company event, we will try to settle bill aftr event; but if the hotel really dun allow, then only we will make the balance payment two weeks before event date. in your case, i think it's too much already for the hotel to do so.

so i guess now u hv no choice but just stick to whatever you've confirmed with the hotel since isn't refundable. now is only june, so really hard for the guest to RSVP so soon. also, they might change their plan at anytime as well. those who say yes sure coming might last min dun turn up, but those u least expected might come.

Jo Liew, it's Pom Pom island in Sabah, nice little resort with an extortionist for an owner, staffs are great though. They are not even giving us group discount, just ordinary West Malaysian rate, we dont even get the ordinary East Malaysian rate :)). All reservations for accommodation must be paid upon booking. I pity guests who has last minute change, that's why my FH's half isnt making any booking till they are sure I supposed. But my situation re the wine is that the resort wanted to charge RM150/bottle (regular price). I managed to get the owner to give me an alternative and the best he could give was RM40 per bottle of corcage and RM10 per small can of beer. Imagine 200 bottles of wine at RM150, it's crazy right? The owner says he could give me RM80 per bottle but he'll use the super cheap RM15/bottle wine and i'll have to pay for all 200 bottles and completely no refund.

Hence, I've decided to buy my own wine (which also has no refund on unused portion) get a decent one at RM30-RM40 and then transport it over to Sabah, and pay the corkage. I hv some friends in the wine industry who says that most events in KL only charges corkage of RM20/bottle at most even 5 star hotels but the owner insist on charging RM40 and no less.

Anyway, my half has already made all their accommodation payment, so cant change venue now. I am just having a big headache trying to decide how many bottles to buy for the event coz the supplier needs 1 - 2 mths to order due to the quantity. It is a difference of 100 bottles... I could do a lot with RM4k

hi girls

need your help. i'm doing a ring pillow for a friend.

original design :-

gallery_9827_171_28873.jpg

then later my mum suggested to arrange the pillow in diff way :-

gallery_9827_171_13718.jpg

the side i wan to decor it with these flowers...so which one u prefer?? 1st or 2nd photos of the ring pillow??

gallery_9827_171_7470.jpg

TQ TQ so much. cos i cant really decide.

BG!!

not d flower colour i asking la.. i asking about d ring pillow.. d arrangement of d pillow. lol.

hehe but really thanks for ur link on the flower making ^_^ yaya ..not really difficult to make.but really depend on what material u r using. :P

davinci,

ops .. forgot to tell you which ring pillow I chose hehehe .. cos my concentrate only at those flowers =P

I chose the second ring pillow design =) to have something different =)

Yes yes .. it really depending on what material you are using, organza is nice but I buat till =.=!!! especially the soft organza.

Are you using satin? very nice oh .. glossy glossy I like it =)

BG

actually my 1st 2 attempts failed jor..cos using organza. haha so beh tahan & went to buy the cloths..

hmm i think tis one is meant for lining. haha just rm1 per metres..all those remant.

ohh thanks thanks.. hehe actually i was waiting for ur reply b4 i proceed to finalise the pillow..but saw ur FB msg stated u wen to sleep early..

luckily got sweetbabykit to help me..she also agree with u. choose 2nd one.

here is the ring pillow. ok mah?

gallery_9827_171_5502.jpg

closer look.

gallery_9827_171_17240.jpg

Hope my friend will like it. ^_^

davinci,

nice nice =)

ya .. last night pretty tired and sleepy, so offline 7 early 8 early =D hahahaha

nice!! I like it .. I'm sure your friend will like it too =)

must give you compliment, the white butterfly is nice =)

ya .. cannot work with organza, gess .. it drives you crazy ya! hahaahha

so actually you are using lining and not satin oh? I bet satin is too thick oso, it is meant for thin materials, easy to work with =)

now you can make more for others, like corsage, clothes' accessories, hair clip, etc =)

hehe thanks for the compliments

d butterfly very easy to make..compare to the flower. but i iron the folding first.

haha d organza ah.. need more time.. but hb complain it dint stand out.

yaya will make some hairclip & try the double layer (2colours) :P

err seriously i cant distinguish between satin & lining. hahaha but due to the price..i believe tis one is lining. cos lotsa lining also got glossy look rite?

davinci,

It is really nice =)

Can see butterfly is easier than the flowers =)

Yaya should iron the folding first and I never do it =P hahahaha so owes very hard to handle it .. kekekeke

I still have some cotton fabric which I wanna make it into the flower .. let see if I'm keen tonight =P

Satin is not cheap .. I believe is lining as you said only RM1 per meter ah .. but tat's cheap oh, kch cannot get as low as RM1 per meter oh

ohh nola.. i just iron the butterfly..cos it was pointing..scare the effect not so nice.

but for the flower petal..i sew everyone of it..at d bottom. so when i sew them all together..it's much easier.

take longer time..but at least i wont felt frustrated to "shape" them.

err..those cloth i purchase is "remant" those leftover one. hehe tat y so cheap. since i dont need a big piece

oh! hahaha i tot you also iron the flower's petals but I think it is better to iron it so that is easy to handle and shape the flower too =)

mmm .. is the fabric thick? I still feel that it is satin =P

hmm thick?? nola. not very thin la..d red one is much heavier..but d pink & white one definitely are lining.

:P

wah..so many petal...lazy to iron la. but i saw 1 blog did recommmend to glue the tip when folding..

gallery_9827_171_18194.jpg <-- my purchase on last sat. hehe

not thick oh? hehehe cos the red one looks thick to me =)

well .. nvm .. as long as the fabric can work well that's most important =)

oh yes .. you can glue it, iron or to stitch it .. previously I just stitch it .. kakakaka maybe I should try to iron it and see how's the outcome =)

wow! wow!! .. DIY project =P I already stop buying any things for DIY and my brain oso rusty liau! hahahahaha

davinci,

hehehe .. now I'm more into baby girl stuff and not wedding anymore =D alamak ..

By the way, I really like the butterfly, how you shape them? sui oh .. I really like it =)

just DIY my 1st wedding bouquet last week ... pretty decent and this is coming from someone who failed in most of her art work :P

photolmo.jpg

Christine: My guest list is not so big but I still say dun wan la! So ex!!!!! Anyway, just got back from Papier with my chiyogami paper, fasteners and stamp pad. Total damage? RM160 for 4 sheets of chiyogami paper, fasteners (300 pieces) and 1 big gold ink stamp pad.

Anyway, here are my rubber stamps. I'm selling two of them to Kirei and keeping the others (the two on the most right - inked gold already). :)

649042653_54a171591f_o.jpg

How they look on paper:

649042659_78f028fe14_o.jpg

649042667_f7aa6980df_o.jpg

Hey meiteoh, just wondering, what brand gold ink stamp pad are you using. I just bought one from Francheville and the gold doesn't show up as good as yours.