gingergurl

How many times does your baby wake up at night?

Hi All Experienced Mommies,

I would like to know does your baby wake up every 2 hours at night for feeding? Anyone experience longer hours? Is there anyway we can train them to sleep longer or it's nature?

Thanks!

hi,

I believe your baby still very young.. It's very normall for them to wake up that often. Some of babies here sleep thru even they are still young, as young as 2 months old. In my case, my baby still wake up every 3 hours for feed, she is 9 months old.

2 hours is normal for newborn baby. Mine is even worst, now she is 10 weeks, sometimes every hour she will awake, just to want me to carry her.

Hi All Experienced Mommies,

I would like to know does your baby wake up every 2 hours at night for feeding? Anyone experience longer hours? Is there anyway we can train them to sleep longer or it's nature?

Thanks!

Haha, you reminded me the nightmares, my first baby boy really really woke up every 2 hours for milk, and this last for quite a few months.

Luckily my second baby (girl) had no such problem, only need to feed her once or twice the most at night, sometime even no need milk at all.

My baby starts drinking every 3 hours since full moon. Sleeping 5-6 hours and never wake up for milk at 2 months.

Nowadays, Her last feed is usually 7pm then she will wake up around 4.30am which is very good already. During the day, she drinks 6oz every 4 hours.

Wat i did was not rushing to make milk when she wake up at night. I would carry her a bit, pat her, sometimes she may need comfort or too hot or cold...

I also slowly increase her milk intake. If she can finish 4oz every feeding, then i will increase it to 5 oz and drag her feeding time a bit.

Read on a book that if baby had enough during the day, they would need less feedings during the night.

My bb drink every 2 hours since born unitl 3months+. When finished every feeding I sure to burped him or else he will spit out later during sleeping so I won't try to feed him more. So feeding plus burped almost half an hour really make me nuts... :wacko3: Later he can drag until 3 hours and same for the night. Since 6 months my bb day time drink within 3 hours, night time 4 hours. When I start him with solid food he can sleep for six hours for night. Now he can sleep for the whole night.

93VEp8.png

I know some mummies may not agree but you can train your baby to skip night feed, or just for once.

My girl starts to sleep thru after 4 mth and last time her last feed was at 6.45pm till the next day 6.30am, but she got rice cereal at 5.30pm and now she already 9 mths old, porridge at 6pm and last feed at 7.15pm (as she changed her sleeping time) till the next day 7am.

I didn't train her but she was into this schedule so I just let her be. Before that she needs to go up at least once around 2am for a feed till the next day and last feed before 2am was 10pm.

My friend's son starts sleep thru from 2nd mth onward, she is kinda lucky ah and her baby is taking FM and mine was BM.

Does FM & BM have any difference? My friend said that if feed her baby FM, her baby can sleep longer and also look happier, like won't cry or fuss. But if BM, maybe it's slightly watery, the baby will create a fuss and refuse to sleep the whole night...

my boy now oready 10mths..he still need to wake up every 3 hours for milk..trying everything possible methods still fail.. wat to do when he is hungry there is not way i can nego.. he will shout/cry out loud.. 'beh tahan' .. :wacko3:

my boy now oready 10mths..he still need to wake up every 3 hours for milk..trying everything possible methods still fail.. wat to do when he is hungry there is not way i can nego.. he will shout/cry out loud.. 'beh tahan' .. :wacko3:

Don't worry. It will eventually end. He is 10 months old, not 10 years old. Just remember every baby is different - don't get pressured by parents who tell you their baby slept through the night in the 1st mth, 2nd mth etc etc. One Mum told me her baby started sleeping through the night even when she was in her womb. :)

since 4th month onwards, my boy wakes up once for milk around 4-5am (last feed is 8-9pm)... sometimes no wake up at all til 7am ~ but this is quite seldom la.

my nephew needs midnight feeding once until he was 2 years old... so i guess different bb, different story :happy:

Does FM & BM have any difference? My friend said that if feed her baby FM, her baby can sleep longer and also look happier, like won't cry or fuss. But if BM, maybe it's slightly watery, the baby will create a fuss and refuse to sleep the whole night...

i dont know this is just superstition or what..my baby was on FM oso, but i dont think BM gives such effect to babies

first 2-3 months, my baby woke up (or lets say hardly slept) for feeding every 2-3 hrs..

then till almost 10/11months plus, he woke up at least once for feeding

at 12 months of age, he woke up and cried the whole nite for 5 days (mon-fri, yes, very smart in disturbing our sleep on working day)... later i realised his molars were growing..

after that, till no, 15 months.. he sleeps throughout the night

do keep in mind every baby is different.. some learn to sleep through the night on their own, some need to be trained (I still dont know how)... i just beared with it, and it got better for me now... I do hear some kids of 2yo still wake up for feeding... dont be pressured by comparing babies here and there

BM digests easily, causing them to drink milk more often. My baby drinks very often, and the first 2 weeks as a newborn he drank every hour. Although it was tiring for me, I keep reminding myself that drinking often is a good thing, because it means that the milk is digested easily into his body. Frequent feeds for BM also means that my baby is taking in more antibodies. On the other hand FM takes longer for the body to digest so FM babies always can tahan longer between feeds. So since it takes longer to digest, many ppl think that FM is good coz baby dont need to drink often.

my girl is in the other way around.. when I give her FM she can't stay long.. she will ask for milk in 2hrs time if I give her BM she manage to stay longer...

during her new born.. she ask for milk in 1 1/2 - 2 hrs... now she wake up once during mid-night for milk and her last feed is 10/10.30pm

my kid slept through the night right up till he was 1 month old. then i took him for his vaccination, the nurse commented he was skinny and advised me to breastfeed him every 2 hours, round the clock. okay, and that was the day it all started. then he had bad bout of eczema which the itch and discomfort irritated him to the point he wants to suckle on me for comfort, hence, he actually wakes up every time i leave the room or every 1 hour.

eventually today, his eczema has cleared up very well, he sleeps better now, on his own. he can manage to have an uninterrupted sleep for 5hrs yesterday, could have been longer if i didnt go into the room. yes, i still co-sleep with my kid but i plan to leave him in his room soon when he turns 2.

so basically, just have to find out what is the trigger that made your kid wakes up so often at night. im glad my nightmare is almost coming to an end. at one point i was so thin because i dont eat enough and i dont sleep enough. it's not healthy for both mother and child.

:dash2: How come my baby wake up more and more often instead of less often

She's now 5 months old. When she was about 3 months old, she consistently only wake up once middle of the nite (between 3 - 4am) for feed. But few weeks back, she started to wake up earlier and twice every night (2am & 5am), last night, she woke up every 2 hours! :wacko3:

I'm just wondering if it's a sign that she's ready for solids and hence liquid only diet is no longer sufficient for her. To be honest, I'm kinda reluctant to start solid before 6 months (lazy mummy). Besides, it might not be due to she needs solid. She kinda go on reverse cycle these days as well. In the past, she was able to finish 20oz milk at the bbsitter during the day while now she usually only drinks 15oz or so. She even rejected bottles at home (even when I'm not around to direct feed). So I suspect this contributed to the waking more often as well...

Sigh, I'm not into sleep training my baby, but this is obviously not working well for me as a FTWM :dash2:

My baby was a colic baby for the first three months hence she would only sleep anywhere between 3-5 AM and wake up around 8-9 am. Then after that period, she started sleeping around 12ish, and would wake up once for a feed around 4-5 a.m. Then about a month ago (she's going to be 8 months next week), she would sleep by 10.30- 11pm the latest and sleep through till about 7 a.m, before waking up for a feed and sleep again till 8.30-9 a.m. Safe to say, she hardly wakes up at night, worse case, she would just cry a little, so i'll just have to pat her back to sleep.

About FM and BM: They said FM is more filling thus they sleep better and longer. But from my experience, it doesn't matter if it is FM or BM, it is the matter of how ready of your little one be ready to sleep thru without any feed. My girl is ready after 4th mth, some earlier like starting in 2nd mth onward.

Well, my baby stop nite feeding after fullmoon..the very first day i take care of her by myself after the confinement lady left.....last feed was at 9pm and she will sleep throughout the nite untill the next morning around 5-6 am....only then she will cry and ask for milk....but during confinement month she was fed every 2 hours....as long she din cry for milk then i wont wake up and feed her :)

Every baby is different my girl at her 9th mth also wake up in night for feeding its very depending on her last feed sumtime she sleep early we try to feed her b4 we go sleep then she wont disturb us after we slept :tongue: but hor she will fuss if we wake her up to feed even is dream feed >.<

& normally she can last for 5 to 6 hrs in night time without milk & I read from online Sleep is better then Eat & human do not need to eat at night :biggrin:

A lot ppl told me need to train them to sleep without milk but my way is leave it natural by the time she no need then will stop :happy:

I know my ped said to give her dinner around 6ish followed by milk around 9 and then put her to bed when her bed time approaches, but I usually give her solids around 7ish, followed by 6Oz of milk just right before her bedtime. That ensures her tummy is full and she most definitely sleeps soundly on most days.

With all the night time feedings i am sure most moms here do not have adequate sleep....how do you cope with tiredness the next day especially for those who are working?

Before that I really have many sleepless nites and surprisingly my body adjusted and adopted it very very well. Alto I don't have enuf sleep but I still have the energy for work. I didn't take any special food or supplement, it just that my body adjusted it that way. I do feel tired once a while so I try to catch a nap around 7pm for 10-20 minutes while she is already in her dreamland.

But during my maternity mths, as I will bring my gal to my mum place for everyday so in the afternoon I will catch a nap while my girl with zzz with my mum and that's how I gained the energy but after that my body just adopted to it.

Now she already 9 mths old, sleep thru the nites for many mths but now is her teeting periods plus she is having fever too so last nite she didn't sleep well, pity her, so whenever she makes noise, we will automatically wake up and pat pat her back to comfort her. I think last nite I'm only sleep in total for 3 hrs? I don't remember too. I went to back after nursing at 11pm, but I didn't really into deep sleep cos wake up once a while to check her temperature then up at 1am to feed her fever syrup and apply the teething gel for her, she was up after that but she didn't disturb us but she was like mubbling type of 'singing' and slowlly doze off, but I really pity her cos no matter how she is not feeling well she is still not making fussy and cranky, she just want us to be with her, carry her. I know tonite is another sleepless nite for me but I'm sure soon will over =)

With all the night time feedings i am sure most moms here do not have adequate sleep....how do you cope with tiredness the next day especially for those who are working?

u just go on with life... and somehow u will get used to it

i used to catch power nap during lunch time.. another thing is i made a habit of sleeping by 930 or 10pm... wake up for work at 630am

hi all experience mama,

my son is 1mth old+ now, he will sleep at 10-10.30pm, but only half an hour nap, then he will wake up and stay awake till about 12-1am only sleep again. How to make him sleep earlier??

And I let him sleep thru the night, abt 4.5-5.5hrs, till he make noise, sometimes cry only i feed him since 3weeks old. Is it alright or i have to wake him up and feed him every 3-4hrs??

he use to spit milk after feed, even after burp (pity him) :(. and after midnight feeding, he unable to sleep well (sometimes burp sometimes not), and keep make noise with his eyes closing, sometimes will spit milk. how to make him better??