hi there...

i was wondering anyone out there can help with the confusion i have..

we are having the guy side chinese wedding ceremony and wedding lunch first then only the

bride side 3 days later - which involves the church wedding and wedding lunch for the bride side...

i was wondering where do we play the games before fetching the bride part - at the guy side or girl side?

problem is that we do not have ji mui at the guy side as all the bride friends cannot go so far....

problem...... hope someone can help ...

since you have church wedding this is the most important ceremony for wedding. playing game or not is not necessary depend on ur preferance. coz it does take times, u can do only if u got enough time. don't make urself too tired too :cool:

Some of the games I have seen people played to tease the bridegrooms are plain silly and dirty. Although this ritual is meant to make the wedding merrier, I think it is an old and outdated custom which people can do without nowadays.

hi there...

we are having the guy side chinese wedding ceremony and wedding lunch first then only the

bride side 3 days later - which involves the church wedding and wedding lunch for the bride side...

i was wondering where do we play the games before fetching the bride part - at the guy side or girl side?

problem is that we do not have ji mui at the guy side as all the bride friends cannot go so far....

The games r playing at ur house (bride's house) mean during the chinese wedding ceremony, when ur HB coming to ur house to fetch u back his home

thanks for all the reply.. and suggestions....

yep i agree the games we playing when fetching.. since my fiancee outstation, so we renting a house for me there to fetch the bride... yep... we will do fetching the bride there.. thanks :)

hi there...

if your parents and the 2 of you don mind, y not scrap the 'fetch the bride' session? there isn't any rules that say that it is a must to 'fetch the bride'.

traditionally, 'fetch the bride' is done because in the olden days, a boy and a girl is matched made - so the boy will have to go and 'fetch the bride' to bring over to his house.

TODAY, this is no longer the case. :)