christinew

Is it necessary to have a Pre-Wedding Photoshoot?

Actually, I was thinking, is there any reason to have a pre-wedding photoshoot?

I mean, these pictures can be taken at any time right? Even after the wedding?

Most important is the actual day photographs right? These are the ones that you want to remember....?

Actually, I was thinking, is there any reason to have a pre-wedding photoshoot?

I mean, these pictures can be taken at any time right? Even after the wedding?

Most important is the actual day photographs right? These are the ones that you want to remember....?

Well, different people have different thinking/opinion.. jz like me n my HB.. he think the most important is the pre-wedding photo, as for me the actual wedding day is most important.. we actually argue for the need to hire photographer for the actual wedding day.. he say no need can simply ask friend help, but for me at least must have one.. friend can simply take here n there, n might missed some important screen but for prof photographer that is his job to get that done, at least he is prof.. :tongue:

So i think you should discuss with ur bf/HB, if both of u think it's not necessary then jz save it n better spend it elsewhere..

Both fiance and I have decided not to have any pre-wedding photoshoots. Reason being are, we would prefer to spend the $$ on the actual wedding day photography and I really like to have the wedding dress to be worn only on the wedding day. Yes, the wedding day is the most important day for both of us and moments like this cannot be recaptured whereas these photos can be taken any time, you can even have a "post-wedding" photoshoot if you like.

Instead, we are going for a casual couple portrait photoshoot to capture some moments of us by a freelance photographer prior to the wedding, just so that we will have some decent photos to show during the reception. I'm not really into pre-wedding photos kind of bride, but i think it is totally up to individual preferences.

My answer is simple: If budget is tight, why waste the money? If money is no issue, why not?

The good thing about a pre-wedding shooting is that the atmosphere is more relax and happy. Relax, because you can choose a really good season for the shooting while the actual day is at a safe and easy distance away. Besides, you can use the pictures for your montage at the wedding dinner. Happy, because the once-in-a-life-time big day is coming and that thought helps to put sunshine on your faces.

Yup!

I was wondering if I could skip the pre-wedding because then I can use the budget for the actual day ..i.e. get a videographer.

After all, I realised that pre-wedding photographs can be taken at any time! Even after the wedding!

But I just thought I'd ask just in case there is a good reason that I should not miss them ... :smile:

HI,

I just had my pre wedding photos taken....well, it was fun, to do poses that you may never have a chance to do/ learn to do..you feel like a model that day....with people helping you getting in and out of those beautiful dresses, and chnaging different type of hairstyles...i guess, its like taking an album of yourself while you are still young...you knw like some people, take photo when they turn 18/ 21....etc...and now even the pregnant mums are heading to the studio to take their swollen belly, and parents hire professional photographer to take family potrait during an outing in places like a park...

Its good to haave...just a simplee package will do- so that there will be at least some nice photos- that you can select to enlarge as your master bedroom photo, and to put in parents and in laws house..

Some of my frens regretted not taking it....taking it before a wedding- many people will see it- review it on wedding day..but taking it after your wedding-then it is mainly for your keepsake..

On my pre wedding day, also has another couple taking prewedding photos....and at the end of the session, they wear their own clothes and pose for....sexy, revealing photos...haha..really westernized couple...

You can take pre-wed photos in BS or hire a pg and do a outdoor in casual.

I signed a RM1.3K pre-wed package( indoors only) and having heaps of fun.

Then on AD, other than AD ps, my sweet pg, Shen Yeoh, also took us to a park to do casual shooting.

So i have studio shoots, AD and casual shoots. Love my pg so much.

Hello,

Me and my FH have decided not to do a pre-wedding shoot. Finally decided after attending bridal fair today. :tongue:

Most important to us is the AD photos, so we'll save the budget for that.

Ya, I finally decided to do away with pre-wedding because I have two banquets, church solemnization and the worst thing is that I really hate taking photos!!! Hahaha!

Hello,

Me and my FH have decided not to do a pre-wedding shoot. Finally decided after attending bridal fair today. :tongue:

Most important to us is the AD photos, so we'll save the budget for that.

Hot Choc, Christinew, John Poh Photography is highly specialized in AD photography. Let me know if you need our service. :)

Better take

once in a lifetime ma :wub:

If budget concern, can go for the package around Rm800-RM1500

Can show to yr friends & relative

The album u can keep.

Photo also can upload to yr facebook etc...

During yr dinner, can show it to those who attend.

IMHO

:lol:

Hi John!

Ya..I remember asking you for quote. Still cannot look at photographers yet though! Super stress and headache over my dinner banquet.. !

Hot Choc, Christinew, John Poh Photography is highly specialized in AD photography. Let me know if you need our service. :)

Dunno la, I feel once in a lifetime is the actual day. Prewedding shoots if I really want can do later la. It is not just the money .. it's the whole stress la. So many things to do for the wedding, I also pengsan already..

Better take

once in a lifetime ma :wub:

If budget concern, can go for the package around Rm800-RM1500

Can show to yr friends & relative

The album u can keep.

Photo also can upload to yr facebook etc...

During yr dinner, can show it to those who attend.

IMHO

:lol:

Yah, I know! Last time we talked about your dinner. All the best lohh! :)

Hi John!

Ya..I remember asking you for quote. Still cannot look at photographers yet though! Super stress and headache over my dinner banquet.. !

Vomitting blood over the banquet. :dash2: Hope that it will be settled soon! Thank God we only get married once!

Yah, I know! Last time we talked about your dinner. All the best lohh! :)

Hi John!

Its all up to both u and your FH, although most of my friends say that pre wedding photos and even AD photos and videos will end up under the bed eventually, however it is still a fun experience to go for pre wedding photoshoot. Some of my friends like it so much they do it again for anniversary and when they have thier baby

Hi for wedding couples,

I do have couple that take casual prewedding photos. As they wanted to save up the budget on their honeymoon.

you can check out BenLaw photography services if you interest on prewedding & actual day

click on my classified link below

initially i was thinking "no need" as well but eventually we still even though we are on a budget. I did my pre-wedding shots but i'm lucky enough to have free photographers who did mine.

So i just bought my gown and hire a MUA for the morning.

Would i do it again ? yes it would :) as I wont do it after the wedding LOL.

Also, all the pictures i got its all in softcopy which is what i wanted.

hi christine

i have the same question in my head too. i love to take photos, but i really dislike the 'posey' pics. also, i'd rather spend more on other more important things too.

no doubt it will be fun to go out one day n have ppl fuss over my hair n makeup etc............hahaha.....

i got a question to ask ppl here as well, do u all think albums are necessary? i was just thinking of uploading my AD pics into a high end digital photoframe..............hahahahaha

hi christine

i have the same question in my head too. i love to take photos, but i really dislike the 'posey' pics. also, i'd rather spend more on other more important things too.

no doubt it will be fun to go out one day n have ppl fuss over my hair n makeup etc............hahaha.....

i got a question to ask ppl here as well, do u all think albums are necessary? i was just thinking of uploading my AD pics into a high end digital photoframe..............hahahahaha

Hey roseisrose,

You could have a more casual photoshoot. Get your own photographer, own clothes and some casual makeup and hairdo. Go places that u love, and snap away!

For me, i think photo albums just end up under your bed collecting dust or in the cupboard. :tongue:

roseisrose,

most of my pictures are in soft copy.

Photo Album is only 2 ... using photobook.com.my :P so that my parents and his parents can show around la.

If don do pre wedding photos, how much to just rent the gown for actual day ?? I checked the package, if i don take the pre wedding photos, i rent their gown also need RM2.5k = 3 gowns , so i might as well go for the package to take pre wedding photos + gown renting @_@

THat was what im confusing about #_#

Ah yes, but in my case I have a KL event, an oversees event and a Taiping event. So if I make the dresses, I can reuse it. Gown rentals at bridal studios is MADNESS!!! I would rather buy/tailor the dress.

If don do pre wedding photos, how much to just rent the gown for actual day ?? I checked the package, if i don take the pre wedding photos, i rent their gown also need RM2.5k = 3 gowns , so i might as well go for the package to take pre wedding photos + gown renting @_@

Not to mention all the bickering with bridal studios and then they will try all kinds of mind tricks to get you to top-up. Even if I do the pre-wedding, I will get my own dresses and hire a professional photographer.

yes, i so agree with christinew. with RM2.5K, you might as well make at least 2 gowns (RM1,250 each). with a budget like that, i m sure you can get not too bad quality gowns which is made to measure according to your size and also can be reused as many times as you want for as many photo sessions as you want ! :)