aishiteru

all about maids..

dear all,

any mommies are hiring maid to take care their little ones? can please share with me

how you traine them and are they good? please share your experience, thoughts and tips with me..

dear all,

any mommies are hiring maid to take care their little ones? can please share with me

how you traine them and are they good? please share your experience, thoughts and tips with me..

me too want to know. I am hoping to get my maid bef my confinement.

Q,

good luck!! some maid are very good with kids... but my current maid..

i can feel that she is avoiding taking care of kids....

Q,

good luck!! some maid are very good with kids... but my current maid..

i can feel that she is avoiding taking care of kids....

I read your posts.. maybe she just needs time to adjust?

Q,

i dont know whether she need time or i need time....

i feel she dont like childcare and she got no patient towards kids..

she dont love children....

even my niece 11yrs old told me that kakak just pretending to smile at her,

play with gabriel and tristan.

few days ago Gabriel ride the pushcar and bang me. Because it's not pain

so i dint teach him told him NO. Instead i just said "aiyoo" and he giggling.

(which i think it's my problem la i regretted it)

and yesterday he did it again but this time he kena my maid and after that

she look look at me. Then i got scold Gabriel. Gabriel dont bother and walk away.

I dont know he get my msg or not.

Then when Gabriel throwing tantrums, she will stand and look and not trying

to calm him down. or divert his attention.

then she keep on crying crying whole day.. missing her kids. I also feel funny

coz she misses her kids and so loving towards them but i dont see it when she

is with my children. this i'm not happy...coz both my previous maids.. i can see

they very sayang my children 1.

if she can wipe my kitchen until shinning also no use if she dont love to take care

my kids. which is my priority.. I told her already and she said yes maam

but pretend when i'm there...

I called my agent to ask to change another maid,

she said can but i have to apply the new maid using other ppl name coz this is

consider 2nd maid application. so once my this maid is taken up by others then only

i can transfer this maid to me.

@#$@$%#%^#%^^%

I have a Cambodian maid. We started applying for maid around my 2nd trimester.

Our agent have a service whereby we can actually place in a special request form and state down what skills we want in our maid. So when they find any new maid with this skill or qualification, they will show to me. It took a few months for us to get one that we liked.

Our requests were:

- young and single: I preferred those without husband and kids so that they have less emotional baggage when they come.. my mum also advised me to get a maid who dont have kids, coz some maid when they see my kids live so good life they will miss their kids more, or worse still, hate my kids coz their own kids so poor back home

- at least 6 yrs of education: we think that if she has at least 6 yrs of education in school, she will have a slightly higher common sense than other maids (most maids are buta huruf and never go to school and dont even know how to read Cambodian).. also, since she went to school for so many years, she will know how to read Cambodian words, so its easier for me to communicate.. I just need to point to my English-Cambodian dictionary, eg point to the word "before" and she read the Cambodian translation in dictionary. This really help alot. In addition, because she knows how to write Cambodian, she will write down all the things that she hv learn so that she wont forget. If the maid buta huruf, really cannot write anything, then its harder loh...

- got housekeeping experience: since we dont have much time to train her coz my baby is due soon, we hoped that our maid have a little experience in housekeeping

Other stuff like maid's attitude and whether she is responsible or not, I think sometimes due to luck.

Sigh so sorry to hear that your maid is giving you problems. Sometimes having a maid really can make our blood pressure rise. But at the same time we have to control our emotion because our children can pick up our negative emotions.

I heard a lot of cases n advised that Cambodian maid not so smart,lazy,pandai pretanding,buat taktau.......stories as below:

My sil hired her 1st Camb maid,she spent time to trained her,teach her chinese,cook,do hse cleanning (heard my cousin who hired a comb maid oso, said her maid used the toilet brush to washed the whole hse..included cups,bowl..n etc) aft few mths her maid was able to do some simple hsework,cook,n speak chinese.but the maid realy no seng moh loh...(may be is lazy la),when came back from outside at late nite,she straight go to her room n sleep..my sil hv to carried all the laggade by herself!when u push the sofa,can c all the dust n rubbish under there..!my sil warning her,n she said,yes,ma'am....

one day,my sil asked her washed the car,n she washed half way,disappear for 2hrs!!!the car door just opened,she appeared herself 2hrs aft,my sil asked her when she go?she answer saw a fren,n chat with fren...:L

aft 1yr,my sil asked her does she wants to continued to work here,she yes,so my sil paid all the renew fee,n the next day she said she wants to go back her hometown...so the $ my sil paid flew.....

2nd camb maid,most worst!!!move like snail..most laziest......only few mths my sil sent her back to aagent,cos she went up at 3am morning n watched astro,n of cos later got no more battery to do the hsework,n she called her family said my sil abuseher,not allow her to sleep!!!so terriber...!

my maid came when my gal was abt 3 months old. For the 1st month i only trained her on the house work , give her daily time table and make sure she do things correctly. She was quite free tat time as my house is not big, quite relaxing. On the 2nd month, i start to let her take care my gal when i'm bz, on and off. And now, sometimes i just leave the maid with my gal alone when i'm not around. My maid is ok, she is married with 2 kids, and used to cry almost ev day initially but now getting better. But to be frank, even though she is ok to me (soft spoken, polite) but i'm still dun dare to leave them in the house for long. I just afraid that she will hit my gal and do anything bad while i'm not around and my gal is too small to tell us. R u all having the same problem as me? My hb alwaz ask me to let go but... :(

I called my agent to ask to change another maid,

she said can but i have to apply the new maid using other ppl name coz this is

consider 2nd maid application. so once my this maid is taken up by others then only

i can transfer this maid to me.

@#$@$%#%^#%^^%

u can hire 2nd maid by applying it to "take care of sick elderly person". U will need a doctor's letter then give some under table money then u will get another one.

my maid came when my gal was abt 3 months old. For the 1st month i only trained her on the house work , give her daily time table and make sure she do things correctly. She was quite free tat time as my house is not big, quite relaxing. On the 2nd month, i start to let her take care my gal when i'm bz, on and off. And now, sometimes i just leave the maid with my gal alone when i'm not around. My maid is ok, she is married with 2 kids, and used to cry almost ev day initially but now getting better. But to be frank, even though she is ok to me (soft spoken, polite) but i'm still dun dare to leave them in the house for long. I just afraid that she will hit my gal and do anything bad while i'm not around and my gal is too small to tell us. R u all having the same problem as me? My hb alwaz ask me to let go but... :(

My baby is under my maid's care 24/7. I know maybe some people would judge and says i am a irresponsible mother but i don't think so. I would check my girl everyday for bad signs.. Would check the bath water temperature.. milk temperature.. would prepare my girl's food and so on...

I would also make sure i talk to the maid before i go to work like what time feed what solid and what to do and prepare before i come home. Throughout the day, i would check my CCTV on my phone to keep an eye. So far so good... Baby is always happy and contented.

My maid also have 2 kids back home. I gave her my old hand phone and old postpaid number so that i can have some control over it. I would check and asked for translation from some other maids. She also cried every night la.. but ever since i gave her a radio.. she is getting better. she would listen to the radio and sleep.

Initially i was worried too.. hubby also asked me not to think so much. He told me that he can see my maid sayang my baby a lot.. because she took care of her since day 1 at the hospital. She would rock her or pat her to sleep when i need some sleep.

Of course, my girl isvery attached to her kakak. Whenever she is cranky or fussy, only her kakak can calm her down. But thank god she is ok with me as well...

how do u ladies manage yr maid's salary/accounts?

i hear it is not good to hand over the salary to them every month.

Also, anyone keeping baby with maid without a cctv?

Q,

i dont have cctv at home but my mom is there to monitor the maid..

seriously if my mom cant help me, i cant take maid...coz my babies still small

i dont trust my maid to take care of them when nobody at home.

my previous maid i still can trust her and leave my baby with her when i go to the shop

to buy things. But not this maid, when she is alone with my son in room, she just leave my son

on the bouncer and then she look out at the window... then, she always forget to let gabriel drink

water and keep on letting him eat biscuit. Because when gabriel got something to eat, will not disturb her.

when Gabriel eat too much biscuit, he will not eat his meals.

another thing is cleanliness, pacifier drop on the floor, baby bite toys...etc we have to keep on checking.

infront of us, they will wash it, clean it, wash their hands before feeding babies... etc

but behind us, we dont know....

safety issues,

my mom ask my maid to bring gabriel up and tidy the room.

my previous maid will stay in the same room with gabriel. she will let her play toys and she will do the cleaning.

(wipe table and do bed only)

but this maid she lock gabriel in my mom's room and she is in my room!!!

and worst is that my mom keep her medicine inside the drawer which can be reach by Gabriel!

last time Gabriel like my 1st maid very much... well she is sayang him but not care for him...

she refused to potty train,

she keep on feeding biscuit to gabriel

she busy with the phone rather than playing with gabriel.

for Gabriel, she is good coz spend most of the time with him. carry him always

and most important that she give him play everything!!

got 1 time, i reached home i saw room's wall kena conteng by gabriel.

i got angry coz my maid let gabriel play with pencil.

then i ask my maid, and she dont even know that gabriel conteng on the wall!!

wahlau!!! this means what???

she just give the pencil to Gabriel and play and she is busy on the phone!!

until she dont know Gabriel conteng on the wall....

What we did with previous maids was, we open a bank account for them but we keep the bank book. If they want to send money home we will bring them to the bank and be there when they transfer the money. Every month we bank in the salary to their account. If they wish to withdraw their salary to buy things we also bring them to withdraw the money. It worked out pretty ok until just before our maid ran away and she asked us to take all her money out because she needed to use it for something, I cant remember what excuse she used already but my mum did it. The next day she ran away, haha.... So I guess its only safe to let them transfer money home. If they want to buy something here its best we hold the money and go accompany them to buy it....

how do u ladies manage yr maid's salary/accounts?

i hear it is not good to hand over the salary to them every month.

Also, anyone keeping baby with maid without a cctv?

We would record all her salaries and deduct accordingly when she wanna send money home or asked for money to buy something and also phone bills.

hubby will give her one lump sum when she is going home.

I had 2 maids before, when the 1st maid went back - I cannot take the change and sent 3 maids back to agency. The current one i told myself to me more tolerance towards her. After 6 months, so far so good. I hire PH maid, i do not have cctv but i leave my kids with the maid for not more than 3 hrs. I guess women instinct can tell, whether the maid can be left alone with the kids or not.

today my mom called me ask me to explain to my maid over the phone that

she cannot let gabriel play wiht small items as this will be dangerous

later he simply throw the item and Tristan pick it up and it.

after i translate to her over the phone. My mom went up to shower,

when she come down to drink water from her bottle water.

she noted that someone open the bottle before, because

cover has been close very very tight. Then when she drinks it,

the water tasted a bit salty! and she straight away ask the maid,

wat you put inside my water?

then maid said maybe is yesterday water.. and she quickly pour the water

and refill again from the same pot that she claim is yesterday water!

but it's not salty.

Q1, she supposed to boiled the water everyday, why there is yesterday water?

Q2, yesterday water is not supposed to be salty rite?

another thing is that my mom refill the water herself in the morning from the same pot,

how come it taste salty??

i shudder to think abt possibilities of the salt water. Yday water is not salty... i dont keep track of the date of my water, but it never tasted salty before. Even with your mom around she is playing stupid games with you... she is scary huh

Q,

seriously i never scolded her, day time she take care my baby,

she bring my baby inside her room put him on the bouncer and she lay on her bed

and she keep on bouncing my baby.

i went back during lunch, i saw that.. i told not to do that... then i went down

makan and went up again, she fall asleep! when i open the door she terkejut

fast fast take the rattle and shake it pretend playing with tristan.

but i didnt said anything i keep quiet.

i called the agent and the agent ask me to send her back, she will talk to her...

but how can i trust her? she is so geli..

Q,

seriously i never scolded her, day time she take care my baby,

she bring my baby inside her room put him on the bouncer and she lay on her bed

and she keep on bouncing my baby.

i went back during lunch, i saw that.. i told not to do that... then i went down

makan and went up again, she fall asleep! when i open the door she terkejut

fast fast take the rattle and shake it pretend playing with tristan.

but i didnt said anything i keep quiet.

i called the agent and the agent ask me to send her back, she will talk to her...

but how can i trust her? she is so geli..

i agree.. seems like u have reasoned quite a bit with her, why she is so stubborn?

i never had maid before, and seeing this kind of experience puts me off...

you are lucky to hv your mother with you... i cant imagine leaving the kids alone with her

GET. RID. OF. THIS. MAID. ASAP!

Don't even accept her back after agent has talked to her. She may be up to some funny thing then coz bitter or angry.

yeah now that's what i'm thinking...

i can send gabriel to school + daycare

but tristan will be a problem, the only nanny available nearby my house is taking care of 6 children

she + maid full time watching over the babies..

that also she charge RM 650 per month 5 days per week.

gabriel school is fees is RM 700

then another RM 200 for part time maid every weekend.

now get refund or get replacement??

refund i think 3-5k

replacement is i take out another 2.5K

i yet to discussed with my hb as i dont want to disturb him at work.

i ask my mom what she think? she said she didnt managed to catch her so she also dont know...

sigh.. i think it will all too late if we catch her rite??

now i just cant trust her... if i scolded her.. i wonder what she going to feed my children with?

just 1 scope of washing powder into the FM already good enough to make revenge on me..

Haiz.. that's the reason why we never let the maid takes care of my baby AT ALL. All Jaylene's food and drinks are prepared by us. Bottle washed by us. We shower and feed her too. Never once we leave Jaylene to the maid.

Why dont you consider taking a stay-in chinese nanny in to help out your mum to take care of both Gabriel and Tristan? The cost should be about the same of sending Gabriel to school & daycare + a partime maid. The nanny will be able to do some little house chore too since your mum is around.

Sharon,

i will definitely send gabriel to school next year.. so i dont mind sending earlier.

with maid i thought i can send halfday.. but now without maid maybe consider sending fullday.

last time i do consider live in nanny but then i dont think this will work. coz my mom..

she just want ppl follow her style of doing work. so it will create another problem.

live in nanny salary is not cheap .... with 2 babies i doubt she can help with the house work.

and my mom definitely will make noise...and complaint to me... and said she take care more

than the nanny or etc.. i myself already have 1 aunty to deal with.. i cant deal with another aunty la..

u know aunty got pattern 1...

i also think u should get rid of the current maid before anything bad happen.

anyway, i heard the maids will be torture when we send them back to the agent for 'counselling'...