smurf

France & Italy

I am planning to go on tour to France and Italy...what is holding me back is that most local tour packages will not take us to Outlet stores (am planning to get discounted branded bags and etc)...i have been told that there are many tour packages that take ppl to outlet stores...any recommendation for such tour packages?

Smurf, i am planning to go to Italy using Cosmos tour which means local agents are going to bring us around... Just need to buy airplane tickets to Rome and they will arrange pickup and then send us to hotel where we can meet other travellers from all over the world...

I do not want to consider local tour agents cos all will be malaysians and I feel somehow going tour with malaysians will be disastrous... haha! No offence to fellow Malaysians... but just a feeling la... esp got buffet line! Haha

http://travel.cosmostours.com.au/cosmos-to...or-region-Italy

This is the website, Coffee... they have malaysian agent also which is Reliance... so if u wan to book also can book thru Reliance, Subang Jaya office... they dont charge commission... the price will be straight from the website and then just convert to USD...

From the webby, u can select the package u wan... we onli shortlisted 2... which is Jewels of Italy, Italian Masterpiece... Both 15 days... one is start from Venice and the other is Rome... i prefer Rome one... but see how lor... both going to similar places but got a few difference... blur dont know which to choose...

i have been on Cosmos before....but that was many years back...when i was in high school....hehe...went on European tour...their service is really good...as for now...i do hope they are still good....

i am still keen on going on one that takes me go shopping to discounted outlets....if i cant find one...i might just extend my stay in rome and hire a car to floerence to shop...hehe...

by the way, i heard reliance isnt so good anymore...i went with them to shanghai...quite dissappoiting...i friend just went with them to Austria...nothign great about reliance....she said gtt is much better...

babysiew,

when are you planning to go?

babysiew,

Jewels of Italy does not go to Florence....you cannot miss this place...the leaning tower of Pisa is there....now you can climb up the tower...when i went last time...some works were going...so i didnt get to go up....its absolutely beautiful...during sunset....the tower has different shades due to the shadows...and Michelangelo's David is there in Palazzo Vecchio, Florence..you cant miss this too....

Smurf, me planning to go Apr or May 2008 after my AD in Jan 2008... cos Italy is best in Apr or May isnt it? hehe...

Smurf, got! Jewels of Italy got go to Florence and see Leaning Tower...

TUSCANY. EXCURSION TO PISA.

This morning enjoy the short drive to Pisa to see its world famous Square of Miracles and Leaning Tower. Take a stroll down the busy Via Santa Maria, perhaps Pisa's most typical street. Plenty of time this afternoon at leisure or join one of the optional excursions available. (B,D)

Hi!

I actually did my own tour in Rome last July. And we took a 2-day tour to Sorrento (which is actually the best part of the trip). If you like, I can share with you my experience in Italy. We did a 2-week trip to Rome and London, itinerary all planned by me :)

babysiew,

of the package goes to Pisa...its great then....i am planning to go in Dec this year after my AD...hopefully its not too cold...

fong,

i would like the details too...pls share with me...thanks..

wongsmurf@yahoo.com

ya usually sure got go Pisa cos its a landmark and sure the packages will go to Florence... its the highlight hehehe can buy leather stuff..

yeah...the leather goods are cheap....can custom make your shoes also....hehe...

but that place lotsa dog poops...last time la...now i am not sure... :P

hi babysiew and smurf,

i'm trying to send you all the file ... will do so in awhile.

personally, i didn't buy any leather goods from italy. maybe because i went on a budget, so didn't do much shopping. i prefer to take pictures :)

ya ya plan to get my FIL Nikon SLR to go... have to wait 1 more yr ler... ahha... but gonna book by Sept... scare prices all naik

Fong, can you share your itinerary with me too? fluene@yahoo.com Thanks!

Hb and I paln to go to either Paris& London or Italy next Chinese New Year, to escape from those KPC who tell us to have children of our own to get the ang pow.

No choice lah! Hb and I want to go to Europe and CNY is the only time where my hb can take long leave confortably. Or is there any other place in Europe that is nicer than London in Jan?

southern europe should be better....e.g. Spain Portugal. Greece a bit of a gamble, can get very grey also.

Actually if u hv not experienced European winter, it's worth going geh. U like cold weather?

Actually if u hv not experienced European winter, it's worth going geh. U like cold weather?

I kinda like cold weather as it is a change from Malaysia's hot sunny days. I was in Stockholm last Dec. It was very cold at that time but hadn't snow yet. I've experienced snowing in US though

I wanted to go during CNY too... CNY 2008 is Feb 7... not Jan hehe... but since it is our first CNY as hubby and wife ar... we think family might not like it... esp ppl waiting for our angpows hahaha somemore first yr giving angpow... feel so proud!!!