hi, i am thinking about having a private ROM followed by wedding dinner on the same day so that there will be no confusion on 'anniversary' dates. :)

this is my rough plan for now.

4-6 pm : Private ROM at 4pm - 6 pm (preferably indoor garden cos dowanna be subject to the weather)

6-7 pm : Pre dinner drinks

7-10 pm: Wedding dinner

Venue is a problem cos it must be able to cater for indoor garden and also at least 60 - 80 tables. also, food canot be compromised. this is driving me nuts !!

has anyone done this before??

Hi roseisrose,

Initially i wanted the exact same plan as yours, ROM at 4pm followed by tea ceremony and dinner reception in the evening.

But we have decided to have the private ROM and tea ceremony in the morning instead (we're not having the bride pickup session) so that we would have ample of time for the tea ceremony and photo session with friends and family. Everything will be done at the venue itself.

hi cocomo

that is also a very good idea. but i am not sure if the parents will agree if we skip the 'fetching the bride' session. My sister skipped it but she had a good reason cos her husband is not entirely chinese. and i guess my mom agreed because that was a valid reason. also, not sure if the future parents in law will agree or not too if we propose to skip the fetching the bride session.

my current plan is :

Day 1 :

8 am - 2 pm : Chinese customaries such as fetching the bride, GDL, and tea ceremony

3 pm - 7 pm : Casual photograph session somewhere nearby. Still not sure if i wanna bother with taking pre wed photos before Day 1. This way, i can save on MUA and photographers.

Day 2 :

4 - 6 pm : Only ROM as tea ceremony already done.

7 - 7 pm : pre dinner drinks.

7 - 10 pm : Wedding dinner - can show people the pics & video taken on Day 1 instead of pre wed pics. also, more time for photographers and videographers to do editing as they have more time before showing the pics and video.

I have done my ROM ceremony and dinner on the same day. The ceremony with the registrar and all close relatives started from 2pm and ended around 4pm including the photography session. Then we took a short break and I had to start changing and makeup around 5pm for the pre dinner cocktail party started at 6pm. All done at the Renaissance Hotel.

Hi.. We opt for ROM outside JPN office (i.e. at home) on our wedding day - 18.12.2011 as well.

Can I double check with you all on the procedure for this ROM under special licence?

We Submitted ROM application form to JPN PJ on 20.09.2011 to be listed for 21 days. Tomorrow is the day that we can collect back the application form from JPN PJ and need to submit to JPN Shah Alam to get approval and check availability if there is officer can be on duty on 18.12.2011.

What about the Commissioner of Oath?? When do we need to get his/her signatory? I heard my fren said that we need to get this done on the ROM date itself is it true? Or can we do it much earlier?

I also heard that the approval for special licence is only valid for 1 month. Hence, if for our ROM on 18.12.2011, the earlier that I can submit form for approval at JPN-Shah Alam is on 17.11.2011?? Im worried if it is then will be risky if the JPN is unable to allocate an officer on our selected day. Tried calling JPN-Shah Alam but no one seems to give me a clear answer.

Thanks gal for sharing.

I have done my ROM ceremony and dinner on the same day. The ceremony with the registrar and all close relatives started from 2pm and ended around 4pm including the photography session. Then we took a short break and I had to start changing and makeup around 5pm for the pre dinner cocktail party started at 6pm. All done at the Renaissance Hotel.

hi jacqueline

do u mind sharing more? do u have an event planner to help you manage that day? i really need a good organiser - i cant do it all alone ! ;)

We went to the Commissioner of Oath to get the documents signed about 3 weeks before the ROM/Wedding date.

Hi.. We opt for ROM outside JPN office (i.e. at home) on our wedding day - 18.12.2011 as well.

Can I double check with you all on the procedure for this ROM under special licence?

We Submitted ROM application form to JPN PJ on 20.09.2011 to be listed for 21 days. Tomorrow is the day that we can collect back the application form from JPN PJ and need to submit to JPN Shah Alam to get approval and check availability if there is officer can be on duty on 18.12.2011.

What about the Commissioner of Oath?? When do we need to get his/her signatory? I heard my fren said that we need to get this done on the ROM date itself is it true? Or can we do it much earlier?

I also heard that the approval for special licence is only valid for 1 month. Hence, if for our ROM on 18.12.2011, the earlier that I can submit form for approval at JPN-Shah Alam is on 17.11.2011?? Im worried if it is then will be risky if the JPN is unable to allocate an officer on our selected day. Tried calling JPN-Shah Alam but no one seems to give me a clear answer.

Thanks gal for sharing.

Oh oh.. after listing for 21 days rite?? urs is under special license as well? Din get to collect our application form. Will go get next week probably..

We went to the Commissioner of Oath to get the documents signed about 3 weeks before the ROM/Wedding date.

Thanks gal for sharing.

If you plan to do it in a hotel then you can get the event manager to help in term of execution. In my case, the event manager helped a lot on the poolside ROM seating and decorations, the pre dinner cocktail. They are all parts of the wedding dinner package.

Is that 21 days thing still valid? Last I checked it's not applicable anymore.. Only 7 days

hi all

i am thinking changing my plans - scrap fetching the bride session but retaining tea ceremony so i save a day. the schedule is set out below

9:00 - 10:00 :ROM @ hotel ie. walk down the aisle in front of close family and friends and xchange vows and sign papers

10:30 - 12:30 : Tea ceremony in the hotel for both side of the family since everyone should be there for ROM

LUNCH BREAK

2:00 - 4:00 : take photos around the hotel

REST BREAK

6:30 - 7:30 : Pre dinner cocktails

7:30 - 10:30 : Dinner

wat do u all think??

I would think that ur initial plan is better:

8 am - 2pm : Chinese customaries such as fetching the bride and tea ceremony

4-6 pm : Private ROM at 4pm - 6 pm (preferably indoor garden cos dowanna be subject to the weather)

6-7 pm : Pre dinner drinks

7-10 pm: Wedding dinner

hi blue3

but i wanna scrap fetchign the bride session - and i seriously doubt all 3 things ( fetch bride, ROM & wedding ) can be executed on teh same day wihtout major problems.......

also i think its too pack if addd in chinese customaries.....

Hi Rose,

When is ur AD ar?? Mine will be on 18.12.2011. Our wedding is a simple one without wedding banquet. Just a small wedding lunch catering at home. So schedule will be:

Morning - 12noon : Bride fetching, tea ceremony

12noon - 12:30pm: ROM

12:30 - 3pm : Lunch

Hopefully it will be a smooth one.. = )

Opps, i never think about this option.

For me, i rather make it 2 different days so that i can enjoy my big day without rushing here and there.

U know, the tiredness to go thru the ceremonies & entertain the guests are really out of the expectation...

Hi WendyChew

i agree its tiring. but it will be tired x 2 days if i separate it into 2 days. which is why i opt for one day for ROM and wedding dinner. :)

Hi BTBs

I have to change my plans cos the parents does not agree on scrapping the 'fetch the bride' session.

so now the plan is

Day 1 : ROM + exchange of vows followed by Luncheon

Day 2 : Fetch the bride (morning) Dinner Banquet (night)