Sign in to follow this  
bunbuns

Printer for photo album

Hi I am wondering if anyone actually found any printer in JB to make their AD fotos or any fotos into coffee table book? I plan to make 1 for my rom fotos but its quite limited in SG n expensive.

Thanks for all info and suggestions in advance! :unsure:

Hey, athena, thanks for sharing the website, i'm looking for printer to print coffee table books too. It's pretty ex in S'pore / australia.

FYI, Apple is providing ibook service with KOdak (if i still remember correctly) price is consider reasonable, but it's not available in S'pore & Malaysia, mostly in US, the only country in Asia is Japan.

If any of u gals used PixArt service, pls share more info with me, thanks!

Hi all,

I've used Pixart's services before to make a coffee table album for my holiday pics. The pics and album came out wonderful. They were quite fast too in printing the album. And the best part about Pixart's service is that I could determine my own picture layout for each page (however I know some ppl who thought that was too troublesome to do).

I think it's a great idea to use the services of Pixart to make an album for your studio pics as well as additional AD pics which were/are not incorporated into the album provided by your photographer.

Niq

Hi Niq> May I noe hw much u spend on the bk? Cos someone recommended websites like snapfish n kodak usa to print such coffee table bk.

So at least now i noe where to print for coffee table bk but whereas for Poster wise I m still looking....

Hi bunbuns,

U can check out their website... www.pixart.com.my

If I'm not mistaken it costs around RM69-89 per book depending on the type of printing quality u want. The website is quite informative and even tells u the price. Am not sure whether if u book in bulk (ie if u plan to give the books as presents) there's a discount or not. Guess u have to call and check with them.

Love,

Niq

I do not understand the difference between the RM69 and RM89 printing quality... Arent the price differs by the no of photos we insert into the package? or the price is fix on RM69 n RM89 regardless of the no of photo?

Hi stephjuly,

I think the price difference is because of the type of book u choose... meaning that if u choose the RM69 one... the pages printed is exactly like a photo page (ie glossy and feels like a normal photo) whereas the RM89 one means that the pages feel like a magazine page.

I'm not sure whether i've explained it properly... but i think the website has all these information. Also I think if u choose the RM89 one, you can print on both sides of the page whereas the RM69 one is only one sided and the back looks exactly like the back of photos.

Pink Martini - As for it being expensive..... I happened to think that it's quite reasonable la, especially since you can paste more than 1 pics on each page, depending on the template u choose, u can put up to 9 photos on one page. It could be a little expensive if u r planning on printing alot of books for ur wedding guest etc but maybe u can negotiate with them since u r printing more than 1 book.

Rgds,

niq

gals, i've met Dominic from Pixart last weekend in KL. Saw the sample. I think the price is quite fair coz the quality is good. For RM89 Magazine page one, the paper is thicker than normal magazine paper. I will try to print one first. Hope it will turn out well.

Honestly i won't suggest u gals to take the glossy paper (normal photo paper) as finger print can easisier left on the paper when u flip the album.

The company is pretty new, just abt a month only. Email to them should you have any quiries, Dominic is very friendly. :)

hi gals,

for this, we give the pixart our soft copy/negatives for them to develop on the album, or is it the price just for the album? how many pixs can the album fit ? sorry ya i blur blur :angry:

Eve, let me answer your q, hee hee.

we will upload the softcopy file into the software (the software can download from their website) the price is just for the "print on" album like magazine. how many picx can fit into the album depend on you, if u put one pic one page , then u will have 20 photos for double pages type. like our BS album digital design, u also can put in more pics into a pages, but bear in mind, the more pics in a pages, the pics size will be smaller of course. End of the day, still depend on your design. U can make your own design by using the template given or come out with your own design (if u r familiar with Photoshop or other design software)

the more i talk the more i blur, hope u understand what i trying to convey here. :P

venus,

haha thank u, i tink i understand sikit sikit :) the price is for the printing & the album.. they will just print out watever design / photos we arrange and then compile to an album for us ? is dat it ?

i wanna do this with my AD photos !! :P