fraulein

Cooking Dang Gui / Tang Kwei or Angelica Sinensis

I love eating dang guai and likes to make herbal soup with it. One day I was my mother in law learnt that I had been cooking that for my hubby and she wasn't happy. She asked me not to cook dang gui for my hubby. Anyone knows why men can't eat dang gui? I asked my husband and he said he doesn't has any allergy or health problem that he can't eat them.

I love eating dang guai and likes to make herbal soup with it. One day I was my mother in law learnt that I had been cooking that for my hubby and she wasn't happy. She asked me not to cook dang gui for my hubby. Anyone knows why men can't eat dang gui? I asked my husband and he said he doesn't has any allergy or health problem that he can't eat them.

This is the first time i hear this.

My hubby loves drinking dang guai herbal soup. Didnt hear him say that he isn't allowed to drink the soup.

All I know is dang guai is heaty, so just a lil bit is suffice,

Got an aunty taught me to put abit in chicken soon.. She said. is good because working adult (man & women) alway stay in air-cond (either office and home) and got "sap hei" (wet air). I also put one two slices of dang kwei when cook herbal soup for my son and hubby. So far no problem.

Abit, is goodness, no harm... Not necessary to consume alot as over nourishing the body lead to body heatiness.

dang gui is supposingly for women due to our monthly menses it will help in replenishes blood and promotes blood circulation, regulates menstruation and relieves pain. Generally dong gui can be used for insomnia and blood pressure stability.

the only thing i know is you are not suppose to take dong gui when pregnant.

dang gui is supposingly for women due to our monthly menses it will help in replenishes blood and promotes blood circulation, regulates menstruation and relieves pain. Generally dong gui can be used for insomnia and blood pressure stability.

Oh really??? I put a tiny slice into my chicken soup and boil it together. And am drinking the soup now, although I'm preggers. Didnt know that pregnant women aren't supposed to take it.

May I know why pregnant women arent allowed to take it?

Dong quai may contain estrogen-like compounds and should not be taken by pregnant or nursing women, children, or people with breast cancer.

I heard it can cause miscarriage/abortion if its too strong from the elders before.

Read here for more info : http://www.sisterzeus.com/Angelic.htm

for traditional chinese herbs is best to know what they are use for before simply drinking them. As alot of the herbs have different effect on individual body. I love soup too so sometimes i tend to ask the elders what are these good for.

Got an aunty taught me to put abit in chicken soon.. She said. is good because working adult (man & women) alway stay in air-cond (either office and home) and got "sap hei" (wet air). I also put one two slices of dang kwei when cook herbal soup for my son and hubby. So far no problem.

Abit, is goodness, no harm... Not necessary to consume alot as over nourishing the body lead to body heatiness.

Oh, i didn't know it can remove the sap hei. I always have runny nose whenever I'm in air conditioned room.

Yeah, other than because I like its taste, it really helps with my period pain.

Judging by all your suggestions, my only guess is my MIL is against it because (as I observed), she's against everything that's heaty. In her household, no deep fried items or anything like Bak Kut Teh is allowed. Even her soup and dessert were all 'cool' base like winter melon and liong teh. Seemed offended whenever I said I don't wanna drink them.