samantha chan

Keep Gallery - Experience Sharing

I signed up for the pre-wedding photography session with KG early this year.Before I signed up with KG, I did some research and shortlisted 3 bridal houses.One is due to the bridal house was having great promotion at that time (onlyRM1k), and I like the other 2 bridal house's style, one of it is KG.

KG was the first bridal house both my fiancé and I went. We were there for morethan an hour before we decided to sign up with them. I have confidence withKG's photography skill but a bit worried that the gowns are limited (as posted by some other brides in this forum). Finally the salesgirl and one of the partners convinced us to sign up with them. My package comes with family photos.

My second dealing with KG was there to choose gowns. Ya, their gowns are really limited. But because I already expected it, so it is ok with me. We took a while then only managed to get 4 gowns – there is a red one I don't quite like at that time but because I can't find any better...so I just took it. But later I found that this gown that I didn't quite like earlier gave a good effect in photo shooting. The girl that helped me with the gowns is new and didn't give me right information. Luckily I clarified with KG staff again. So BTB, if you are unclear of anything, please clarify with your bridal house.

The day before shooting, I went to KG for gown fitting. 2 of my gowns were a bit tight. The seamstress there altered it for me on thespot. A few of my friends gave me a surprise and turned up at KG just after I finished my gown fitting. The girl who served me (I forgot to ask forher name :oops: ) was kind enough and helped me to change the gowns again to show myfriends.

Our photo shooting session starts at 12noon and ends at 8pm (for the night view). Becauseit rained the day before, KG staff asked whether we would like to change it to10am-6pm in case it rains in the evening. But we decided to stick to our original plan.

On the shooting day, it rained since morning. We were so worried that we have to postpone our shooting session. Luckily the rain stopped before we go foroutdoor shooting. We reached there at12noon. We chose Weng as our photographer and Crystal Ho was assigned as our MUA. Thanks to Crystal's magic hand. I looked great after make-up. Even my family also said so. It is simple and natural yet looked great. Forgot to mention that I do not keep longhair.

We started with family photo session followed by indoor then only outdoor. As the sky was gloomy, we decided to use 2 gowns for indoor and the other 2 for outdoor. Thanks to Weng, Joey and Crystal. Our pre-wedding photo session is not the "suffering" type as mentioned by many brides. It was fun and we both enjoyed it. It is a great experience.

Some friends of mine told me that their bridal house only send maid to go out with them and the maid only help with gown changing, do not know about make-up and hairdo. But in my case, Crystal went outwith us and she brought along the necessary stuff so that I can change to different look for different gown.

Not to forget to thank Carmen Low (super mum mum)– who made the doll, hand bouquet and flower wreath for my photo session. Even the KG team also praised her good work. :cheers:

Last but not least, thanks to all BTB in this forum, for contributing ideas and suggestions. :smile:

Glad to hear that it is a happy ending! Hope everything goes smooth from your photo selection until collecting the album. :)

I signed up for the pre-wedding photography session with KG early this year.Before I signed up with KG, I did some research and shortlisted 3 bridal houses.One is due to the bridal house was having great promotion at that time (onlyRM1k), and I like the other 2 bridal house's style, one of it is KG.

KG was the first bridal house both my fiancé and I went. We were there for morethan an hour before we decided to sign up with them. I have confidence withKG's photography skill but a bit worried that the gowns are limited (as posted by some other brides in this forum). Finally the salesgirl and one of the partners convinced us to sign up with them. My package comes with family photos.

My second dealing with KG was there to choose gowns. Ya, their gowns are really limited. But because I already expected it, so it is ok with me. We took a while then only managed to get 4 gowns – there is a red one I don't quite like at that time but because I can't find any better...so I just took it. But later I found that this gown that I didn't quite like earlier gave a good effect in photo shooting. The girl that helped me with the gowns is new and didn't give me right information. Luckily I clarified with KG staff again. So BTB, if you are unclear of anything, please clarify with your bridal house.

The day before shooting, I went to KG for gown fitting. 2 of my gowns were a bit tight. The seamstress there altered it for me on thespot. A few of my friends gave me a surprise and turned up at KG just after I finished my gown fitting. The girl who served me (I forgot to ask forher name :oops: ) was kind enough and helped me to change the gowns again to show myfriends.

Our photo shooting session starts at 12noon and ends at 8pm (for the night view). Becauseit rained the day before, KG staff asked whether we would like to change it to10am-6pm in case it rains in the evening. But we decided to stick to our original plan.

On the shooting day, it rained since morning. We were so worried that we have to postpone our shooting session. Luckily the rain stopped before we go foroutdoor shooting. We reached there at12noon. We chose Weng as our photographer and Crystal Ho was assigned as our MUA. Thanks to Crystal's magic hand. I looked great after make-up. Even my family also said so. It is simple and natural yet looked great. Forgot to mention that I do not keep longhair.

We started with family photo session followed by indoor then only outdoor. As the sky was gloomy, we decided to use 2 gowns for indoor and the other 2 for outdoor. Thanks to Weng, Joey and Crystal. Our pre-wedding photo session is not the "suffering" type as mentioned by many brides. It was fun and we both enjoyed it. It is a great experience.

Some friends of mine told me that their bridal house only send maid to go out with them and the maid only help with gown changing, do not know about make-up and hairdo. But in my case, Crystal went outwith us and she brought along the necessary stuff so that I can change to different look for different gown.

Not to forget to thank Carmen Low (super mum mum)– who made the doll, hand bouquet and flower wreath for my photo session. Even the KG team also praised her good work. :cheers:

Last but not least, thanks to all BTB in this forum, for contributing ideas and suggestions. :smile:

hi samantha... myself also sign package with KG... on last year their exibition... b4 that i have do survey but just c at net la the out come of other BS... end up i tell my FHB i prefer KG... so on tat exibition day i terus go to KG booth... thankx to BOBO to entertain me for 2 hours... :)

End up i sign pacakage with them... but i dun have family shooting la...

When the time to try gown is true their gown is very limited lo... but i still can find 4 la... thank a lot to... Ah B... she is part time work at KG...

When near shooting period the whether on that month is totaly very bad lo.... so scare...

But thankx god... give me a good whether on that day... nice sky view, not very hot... totally perfect... i very enjoy... :) Thank to Sam Chui, John & Shirley

Shirley is very pro MUA lo... she do until my eye big big... thankx to her so much... B4 i tat KG ask me need to book who to be my MUA or not... i say no need o... cos i also dunno who is pro... end up they arrange a pro wan for me, who very pro in eye make up... KG know wat i'm thinking lo n i did mention anything to them... hahaha :)

Very fast i get my soft copy liao so happy... very nice lo... i love it...

After 2 week i comfirm the photo... then the design come out liao... i also like it so much... but i do some change on my BIG PHOTO FRAME hope the out come will be nice... Thankx to Jennifer & also Yong xi who do the edit and design...

coming 17/7 will try my actual day gown liao & also get all my photo... can wait lo....... waiting waiting waitng... hope can get a nice nice gown...

Hi Karen,

Glad to hear that your happy experience with KG. I can't wait to see my photos also... 2more weeks to go... hope it is nice..

Hope you can get a nice nice gown also and be a pretty bride. :)

karen86kok and samantha,

how long it took for you to receive your softcopies?do they call u to pick up? i found out they hardly call to confirm the bookings and feedback. u experienced the same thing?

karen86kok and samantha,

how long it took for you to receive your softcopies?do they call u to pick up? i found out they hardly call to confirm the bookings and feedback. u experienced the same thing?

They gave us a flowchart with all the timeline stated (how long it'll take for them to process softcopy).

Yeah they don't call us much. Normally when the deadline gets near I'll call them to confirm (for example gown trial sessions)...

But once you step into the shop, the service is quite good...

karen86kok and samantha,

They gave us a flowchart with all the timeline stated (how long it'll take for them to process softcopy).

Yeah they don't call us much. Normally when the deadline gets near I'll call them to confirm (for example gown trial sessions)...

But once you step into the shop, the service is quite good...

Hi, Iwas told that my softcopy will be ready in 3 weeks time but it was ready by the 2nd week. They asked me to go and collect photos but i chose to collect from them. They called up a week after we collected the CDs see whether we have chosen photos for the album. Actually it is us that has been delaying. pai sei.. pai sei... :P

Got my softcopy only after i post on their fb page on the 3rd week. any BTB shares their experience when choosing the AD gown from KG??

Please share. TQ

Hi samathan & karen86kok,

Glad to hear that you both have a happy and enjoy PS. My friend recommend KG to me so i went their BS last weekend. I was there for more than an hour to view their photo, gown and packages. I feel nice for everything and their gown is limited but very nice so finally i sign up with their package. Now i need to choose which photographer should i take.erm...may be i will choose sam be my photograher but MUA i have no idea. May I know from both of you, what kind of photo style taking by weng and sam? Can share your PS to me ?

My email: angelgirl413@gmail.com

Glad to hear that it is a happy ending! Hope everything goes smooth from your photo selection until collecting the album. :)

Got my softcopy only after i post on their fb page on the 3rd week. any BTB shares their experience when choosing the AD gown from KG??

Please share. TQ

Well it's the same issue - limited choice. But I managed to find what I need (and like), as I'm only having 1 wedding gown for morning and 1 evening gown for dinner. So less headache...

We did spend quite a bit of time during the gown fitting (when we finally pick it up for AD), think we spent around 2.5 hours there cause they were still altering my gown when I got there... but it was a super Wong weekend, so could hardly blame them...

My AD gown fitting was fixed on last Friday, 6pm. KG called me around 5pm and informed me that there will be a new batch of gown arriving in mid October, asked whether I would like to postpone my gown selection. I thought mid October is a bit late for me, so I decided to go ahead for gown selection on Friday.

Unfortunately gowns that i like were booked by others and I didn't manage to get one that I like. I only manage to choose the evening gown. The sales girl, Imiko is very helpful. Since I was unable to get the gown that I like, she will call me again when the new stocks arrive for me to choose the gown again.

:angry:

Dissatisfied with Keep Gallery!

I was a happy customer of Keep Gallery until it reaches the stage of album design. KG took about 3 weeks to get back to us on the album deisgn after we chose the photos. Reason given was too busy with others and since my wedding is in November, we can still wait. They emailed us the design and after we looked through, we gave our comments via email. After we sent the email, we called them hundred times to check whether they have received the email. Most times the line was engaged and when we finally got them, they promised me that they will check and get back to me. This repeated for another 2 times. For all 3 times that they promised to get back to me, none of them actually keep their words and call me back.

We were so upset with their "no response" and we decided to go to their studio. They still haven't done anything to my album 3 weeks after my comment. My fiance sat there to make sure that they did it on the spot.

For the soft copy that they promised to give me when I signed up the package, apparently are with KG watermark on each photos and low resolution. I understand the part of low resolution, cox they want us to go back to them if we want to develop bigger size photos. However the KG watermark is ridiculous to me!

So all BTB that are planning to sign with KG, please check these things out before you sign with them. Make sure they put it down black & white that soft copies are WITHOUT KG watermark. Otherwise you end up doing free advertisement for them if you were to develop your own photos.

I've just collected my album from KG and all i wanna say is i'm very satisfied with their service and the photoshoot...

Their gown collection as other said, it's quite limited... but for me, i think most of them look nice on me... and the design is quite up-to-date... after all, i just need to choose 3 gowns for my photoshoot, so i'm happy with the choices they provided...

On the day of photoshoot itself, to my surprise my hubby enjoy the photo session a lot... i've heard my friends complaining about how tiring their outdoor photo session is, but mine turn out to be full of fun, laughter and sweet memories...

I'm not sure about others, but KG has called me up consistently to follow up with my bookings and they actually completed my album a few weeks earlier than the date they promise....

It's a great experience with KG... :lol:

You may view my photo here... and pls help to ckick LIKE as I was chosed to participate in their contest...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150797321867155&set=a.10150797310127155.385196.206532227154&type=1&theater

Anyone ever engage with Anson Choi as the photographer in KG?

How's the photo shoot experience with him?

What about MUA? any intro?

Im quite concerned with limited choices of gown there... :huh: