Sign in to follow this  
jean_jj

Pregnant?

Hi All,

Would like to seek your advise on this......

My period was overdue, and naturally I went to get a pregnancy test kit to check if I hit the Jackpot or not.... the results gave me 2 lines that I've been waiting for :) (2 test kit giving the same results)

So I would like to check, if I should immediately go visit gynae to confirm? Or I could wait for another 1-2 weeks only go to check?

My husband mention no need to visit gynae so soon, coz if I go now also they will only do the urine test to confirm if I am pregnant or not? (To him, the urine test is rather similar to the pregnancy test kit we got from pharmacy)

So hope to get some advise from the experienced :)

jeanjj,

congrats!!

may I know how long ur period overdue?

if 2 weeks meaning u are 6 weeks pregnant.

from my experience is that doc will do a scan to see the the sac.

but 4-5 weeks they cant really see it, they will ask come back after 1 month.

but they will give folic acid.

congrats to u!!!

i went to see doc when i was at 6weeks, couldn't wait any longer :tongue: he inserted something long into my vagina to do the scanning. doc said cannot scan thru the tummy coz too early, too faint...

if u can wait, then 8weeks would be good.... take good care!!

No need to wait if you having normal period cycle.

Gynae will not be doing urine test for you if you tell him/her that you did a home pregnancy test.

The gynae will then do an ultrasound checking for you to confirm if you are really pregnant....if yes, gynae will also confirm if it is a normal and healthy pregnancy (in the uterus).

It happened to me as well, so noneed to wait....

Mine was 5 weeks preg..

Thanks Aish!! :)

My period cycle is normal i guess... it fluctuates sometimes but averagely it's about 32days/ cycle. And I am 7 days overdue based on the 32day cycle.... so I guess it should be around 2-3 weeks pregnant only? Maybe it's still too early to tell ya?

Hmmm Maybe I should wait for another 2-3 weeks then only go for gynae check up? I wanna go for check up just to confirm that it's a healthy pregnancy (keeping finger cross n praying hard)

SO far I dun have any symptom except that I feel my stomach very bloated (like there's a lot of "wind" inside) and sometimes I still experience and "pre" menstrual discomfort.... are these normal?

Other than that, I am already taking folic acid...... (took this b4 pregnant, but not diligently.... guess now i have to put a reminder to take it everyday!)

congrats !

i only went coz i had some symptom of being pregnant and cannot ignore the instinct LOL. Did the home pregnancy test 1st before going to GP to check. GP will see if got sac or not and gives you an estimation when you need to see Gynae and an estimation of how far along are you. So dont worry so much you can head on to your normal clinic and check with your GP to confirm then only look for a gynae.

It was quite a roller coaster weekend for me, I just had a miscarriage :(

I suppose i just had to try harder after that then.

so sorry to hear about that... rest well and eat well. try again soon but dun give urself too much pressure ya.

my sis had miscarriage before she even know she was preggie. but very soon after dat she got pregnant again and now got 2kids liao... :smile:

Thanks everyone for the comfort, but it hurt most when I feel the disappointment from my husband (even though he is trying to hide it from me) But I suppose life goes on no matter how... Just hope that I can get pregnant again soon

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for the comfort, but it hurt most when I feel the disappointment from my husband (even though he is trying to hide it from me) But I suppose life goes on no matter how... Just hope that I can get pregnant again soon

Thanks everyone

baby dust to you... chillax and let nature take its toll.. u will be preggy in no time :)

jean_jj,

you will keep the positive notes up and dont ever think otherwise. Sometimes the power of positive thinking helps and relax 1st and foremost you need to heal your body 1st ya. So make sure you take care of yourself and drink more of those "poh" stuff like soup so that you be more strong when the time comes :)

Thanks everyone

hug jean...

think bright way.... u re no problem to conceive naturally and sure the one meant for u will be reach u very soon..

cheer up!