kaiphotography

About: Freelance Wedding Photography

This is my first post on malaysiabrides.com, please advice if i am violating any rules here. Thx ;)

The next BIG decision after you said YES!

I believe there are many experienced ppl here to advice on Bridal Studios..but I havent seen any guides regarding Freelance Wedding Photography..not sure if I missed them :oops:

Anyway..heres a small guide for you brides to be {hope this is helpful} :happy:

I shall start with the CONS...

Bridal Gown Headache - As most of the freelancers do not provide bridal gown rental...although many are starting to have them as a part of their service

No Studio - enough said..

Confidence - same goes to BS...not sure if they live up to your expectation

Costumes - No traditional costumes to choose from

I couldnt think of any other CONS {at the moment}...so I'll just proceed with PROS...

Highly customizable - Good freelancers are willing to customize the shoot to your needs..

Flexibility - Time frame

Pricing - Ranges from 1k to >10k ...Please note that some of them do overcharge.. Look at their portfolio and see what they are worth

Ideas - Good freelancers are more than happy to create new ideas with clients...

Location - Wider choice of locations..your secret or special location..

Surprises - in a good way that is.. a good freelancer always adds a personal touch to each & every client to make them special

Please note that I do not intend to criticize Bridal Studios and I would like to deeply apologize if I hurt anyone in the process...I just want to share my thoughts and give some heads-up to all bride/groom-to-be...

Any debates or approvals are most welcomed.

Let me know if you need finer details on how to choose a good freelance photographer...

p/s: All information are for reference purpose only...no advertisement intended

Cheers! :cheers:

Hi Kai!

Thanks a lot for your information. However, I think like John Poh said in your other post, since you are a photographer yourself, it's not going to go down very well with the paying vendors of this forum if you keep posting threads like this. Why don't you register as a vendor and help keep our forum up? There are always plenty of brides-to-be here looking for photographers! :smile:

This is my first post on malaysiabrides.com, please advice if i am violating any rules here. Thx ;)

The next BIG decision after you said YES!

I believe there are many experienced ppl here to advice on Bridal Studios..but I havent seen any guides regarding Freelance Wedding Photography..not sure if I missed them :oops:

Anyway..heres a small guide for you brides to be {hope this is helpful} :happy:

I shall start with the CONS...

Bridal Gown Headache - As most of the freelancers do not provide bridal gown rental...although many are starting to have them as a part of their service

No Studio - enough said..

Confidence - same goes to BS...not sure if they live up to your expectation

Costumes - No traditional costumes to choose from

I couldnt think of any other CONS {at the moment}...so I'll just proceed with PROS...

Highly customizable - Good freelancers are willing to customize the shoot to your needs..

Flexibility - Time frame

Pricing - Ranges from 1k to >10k ...Please note that some of them do overcharge.. Look at their portfolio and see what they are worth

Ideas - Good freelancers are more than happy to create new ideas with clients...

Location - Wider choice of locations..your secret or special location..

Surprises - in a good way that is.. a good freelancer always adds a personal touch to each & every client to make them special

Please note that I do not intend to criticize Bridal Studios and I would like to deeply apologize if I hurt anyone in the process...I just want to share my thoughts and give some heads-up to all bride/groom-to-be...

Any debates or approvals are most welcomed.

Let me know if you need finer details on how to choose a good freelance photographer...

p/s: All information are for reference purpose only...no advertisement intended

Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks all for the understanding! I am 100% sure the brides/grooms-to-be here would only want to deal with vendors who have good ethics. :lol:

While the OP's posting may be of good intention and is appreciated, however I feel it is greatly inaccurate in many points. It can be seen that the listed PROS and CONS are somewhat like a sweeping statement.

Serious and Professional vendors pay and invest in advertisement in various platforms. I believe this is a clear and good indication of their commitment to deliver as per promised. Not only are they putting up monetary investment, but also their reputation on the line.

People who claims to offer services, are well, a little dodgy... after all, almost anyone can pick up a DSLR nowdays and call themselves a photographer instantly.

Just my 2 cents.