june11

1 year 7 months still waking up for milk

June & Kaie, that doesn't work...my friend used to think that putting solids in her son's FM at 4 mths would make him sleep through the night. He's nearly 2 yo now and still not sleeping through the night.

Sometimes it's from force of habit, sometimes it's from hunger. If it's from hunger, then get them to eat more solids during the day - this is only applicable for toddlers and not babies below 12 mths, k?

mei, got it! thanks. i heard too that baby below 12mths needs more milk than solid. if possible, dont kiasu to start solids earlier than 6mths :tongue: and putting solids in young babies will make them sleep uncomfortable through the night because of digestion problem. they are not ready to take much solids due to their system not mature yet. (according to books)

I am having the same problem too. My son is 17m and he weighed 14kg++. He had one whole bowl of rice for lunch n also dinner. N snacks in between like fruits or nuts or biscuits. N joined us for dinner as well, since he's learning to use fork n spoon. He drinks 7oz milk at 8.30pm, another 7-8oz at 12.30am and another 7oz at 3.30am. Day time he had 7oz 3 or 4 times.

I also think maybe it's the aircond making him dry...but most of the time I can feel his tummy grumbling. If I don't feed, or if I feed with water, eventually he will still cry, or worst, wakes up!

It's even tiring when I'm having my second one now...gosh!

Hi June, what time and what do you feed your son prior to the bottle feed at 10.30? At his age, he can be eating more solids. For my first, we have been feeding him some solids, rice with soup, veges, fruits or even some bread / bisquit about 7.00 pm - 8.30 pm and he has his last feed (about 5 oz) and can last until next morning.

Not sure whether it works for you.

Hi CFA,

My daughter eats her solids during the day and her dinner at 5.30-6. Then drinks her milk between 8.30-9. And I try to get her to sleep at 9.30 but she'll normally fall asleep around 10. Wakes up at 1.30-2 for a feed and then around 5.30-6 for another feed.

I am having the same problem too. My son is 17m and he weighed 14kg++. He had one whole bowl of rice for lunch n also dinner. N snacks in between like fruits or nuts or biscuits. N joined us for dinner as well, since he's learning to use fork n spoon. He drinks 7oz milk at 8.30pm, another 7-8oz at 12.30am and another 7oz at 3.30am. Day time he had 7oz 3 or 4 times.

My daughter also takes 7oz every feed so it'll be 1 before bed, 2 middle of the night:( day time no milk feed at all..

I also think maybe it's the aircond making him dry...but most of the time I can feel his tummy grumbling. If I don't feed, or if I feed with water, eventually he will still cry, or worst, wakes up!

Hi June, what time and what do you feed your son prior to the bottle feed at 10.30? At his age, he can be eating more solids. For my first, we have been feeding him some solids, rice with soup, veges, fruits or even some bread / bisquit about 7.00 pm - 8.30 pm and he has his last feed (about 5 oz) and can last until next morning.

Not sure whether it works for you.

Hi CFA,

My daughter eats her solids during the day and her dinner at 5.30-6. Then drinks her milk between 8.30-9. And I try to get her to sleep at 9.30 but she'll normally fall asleep around 10. Wakes up at 1.30-2 for a feed and then around 5.30-6 for another feed.

My daughter also takes 7oz every feed so it'll be 1 before bed, 2 middle of the night:( day time no milk feed at all..

maybe u wanna bring the dinner to 7-ish?

hi apple... same here, I can hear his little tummy grumbling, so better feed him since i know he is hungry.

i just seek advice from professional... they told me every baby & toddler is unique, and eventually they will sleep through the night by his own. >.<

"Crying is your baby's last resort; you should notice that your baby is hungry well before she cries for food. Watch

for these signs of hunger: sucking her hands or the air, pursing her mouth, unusual alertness, rooting (turning to your

breasts or "searching" for something to suck) or whimpering."

hi apple... same here, I can hear his little tummy grumbling, so better feed him since i know he is hungry.

i just seek advice from professional... they told me every baby & toddler is unique, and eventually they will sleep through the night by his own. >.<

"Crying is your baby's last resort; you should notice that your baby is hungry well before she cries for food. Watch

for these signs of hunger: sucking her hands or the air, pursing her mouth, unusual alertness, rooting (turning to your

breasts or "searching" for something to suck) or whimpering."

Agree with you. If I'm awake (put a fix alarm), then I'll hear for his grumbling tummy, if not, I'll wait a bit longer until he started to cry "ngek ngek ngek" or if he's on his pacifier, I can hear him sucking his pacifier very loud. Basically those are the signs he's hungry. I've tried to make his feeding time longer, but doesn't work with my son. Even water also doesn't work. Until today I'm still trying, in case he's able to tahan longer :)

just wait for the right time loh...

Agree with you. If I'm awake (put a fix alarm), then I'll hear for his grumbling tummy, if not, I'll wait a bit longer until he started to cry "ngek ngek ngek" or if he's on his pacifier, I can hear him sucking his pacifier very loud. Basically those are the signs he's hungry. I've tried to make his feeding time longer, but doesn't work with my son. Even water also doesn't work. Until today I'm still trying, in case he's able to tahan longer :)
just wait for the right time loh...
[/quote]

apple, *high5* just to share with you, my friend taught me to delay the feeding time by feed him some water then offer him pacifier, maybe half and hour then adjust it slowly bit by bit. if he really cannot tahan he will make noise by spit out the pacifier and ngek ngek ngek or cry. dont know is it a good idea or not, but i do understand will be heartpain when you hear his little tummy grumbling. :huh: i tried and it works for my son, can delay 2-3 hrs (last feed at about 9.30pm-10pm to 6am after the delayed), but end up i chose to not delay his feeding time by so long, my son still small (4months) maybe wait until he starts solid and see how he change by himself.

[apple, *high5* just to share with you, my friend taught me to delay the feeding time by feed him some water then offer him pacifier, maybe half and hour then adjust it slowly bit by bit. if he really cannot tahan he will make noise by spit out the pacifier and ngek ngek ngek or cry. dont know is it a good idea or not, but i do understand will be heartpain when you hear his little tummy grumbling. :huh: i tried and it works for my son, can delay 2-3 hrs (last feed at about 9.30pm-10pm to 6am after the delayed), but end up i chose to not delay his feeding time by so long, my son still small (4months) maybe wait until he starts solid and see how he change by himself.

hehehehh...though I did try that, the longest period he can takes is only 4 hours, max. Meaning if I give at 12.30am, the latest will be 4am. Somemore, recently I just gave him the chewable colustrum (1 tablet/day), and find that his mouth chews non-stop = tam ciak! He always ask for 'mam mam'...maybe the tummy bacteria is working very hard! or he is growing...