zeroflower

Delivery woes and jitters

Hope this topic is not a repeat (if it is, mods can delete :) )

Ok people

I will be delivering tomorrow at 37weeks 2 days.

Doc gave me an option, stay in hosp till my water bag burst or contraction which could be next week, week after or God knows.

If that happens, it would put a risk on baby but still, since I'm in hosp, docs can quickly rush to gime a c-sec.

Or not deliver this week. I took the second option. I hope I made the right decision...sigh.

Anyway, I'm really afraid now. I'm afraid of going through it all over again. and since i have time to prepare and think abt it, it's scaring me even more. Unlike my first which I had to do an emergency c-sec in the mid of the night and didnt have time to think about anything plus not having any experience, I didn't know what to expect or be afraid of, this time it's different. It's so well planned. and I have so much time to spare and think!

I'm scared of the tube thingy that they put in to empty the bladder.

I'm scared I'll get gastric since I have to fast for 5 hours.

I'm scared of the anestetic which they jab at my spine.

I'm scared of the pain after that... :(

I'm just freaking out!!!!!Help!!!

Pls share how you feel or your experience... thanks!

i'm more or less same situation like u, just that both babies, i choose to have c-sect.

1st time c-sect i'm scare but my excitement to get 1st baby and also to get baby out of my stomach

is so much that i dont feel really scare.

2nd time, c-sect, i'm very scare too as i know what is going to happened inside the operation room.

what i should expect etc. and worst is that I have to be away from gabriel and miss him so much.

why r u scare of the tube for the bladder? for me I have no problem with that. Coz i dont feel pain or uncomfortable.

seriously i dont know when they putting it too :P

about fasting, hmm,.. i choose the earliest operation time. so i have no problem with it. Just take it as if i'm having my

breakfast late. :P

about the jap on my spine, yes this i scare like hell! haha and also the IV drip..

serious when they insert the IV drip... i started to get panic attack, i told my gynae,

i feel scare, then antestetic doc also very good she looks very pleasant, soft and loving

so they able to calm me down... i just put my trust to them.. u ask ur gynae to recommended a

good anatestetic doc for you...

about the pain after c-sect, seriously la.. i feel less pain compare to the 1st baby.

maybe the meat around there become less sensitive liao after 1st operation. :P

dont freak out as it's not that bad after all... trust me :)

Thanks both of u...

Trying my best not to think too much.. tomorrow's going to be a long wait too. I'll be waiting from morning to evening. Unfortunately I didnt have the option to have an early op.

Yeah, it's my first time being away from my girl too. Wont be sleeping with her for 2 nights. Praying that she'll be okay but am also hoping that we wont just forget me me and not miss me at all. Am i being paranoid???

Somehow, I keep wondering how it would be like if I were to go on natural birth. I really wanted to try that but no chance. If I do have a 3rd, I'll have to go for c-sec, like it or not.

Will the flesh at the tummy be thicker?? :( But anyway, that's not my main concern. Just pray baby will be safe. Oh, and myself..wish me luck ladies :)

why u cant try natural?

anyway the old scar will be cut away..

and then form a new scar it wont get thicker... :)

everything abt c-sec i am ok, painless but i hate the discomfort of the tube thingy... i told my doctor the 1st day itself when he visited me tat i wan it off... he persuaded me and said that first thing in the morning, he will ask the nurse to take it off... i was so relieved when its off me

congratulation ya... Have a smooth delivery. Be calm be calm... *Hug*

I'm goin thru natural delivery so i just pray for you and your baby... Think of the angel you'll going to meet tomorrow:)

Angie, yup. Hate it ...but trying not to think abt it..

Thanks lyven..pray that yours is smooth too.. And a smooth delivery for all moms there...jittery or not! :) Now kinda scared AND excited..

Just praying that all will be good.. baby ok and my tod will also be ok..hopefully she'll have a deeper bond with hb cos i'll be away for 2 days..

i feel you! me oso 2nd pregnancy now and still scared like its my 1st baby.. ok let me be brave and advice u to be brave and think positive... hopefully i pass this vibes to myself too :) enjoy the moment and hey u will see your baby finally !

let me share something... 2 days ago i had mild contraction pains for 1.5hrs... and it went off..but i was so freaked out.. i am only w31 now

visited gynae next day.. apparently bb's head going down, and growth shows w34.. but my cervix shows no opening yet... i guess maybe my lmp not accurate.. plus my no.1 oso delivered at 37w... mayb my bb development is fast or what.. anyways now told to take more rest... and hopefully bb doesnt decide to rush out.. they gave me japs of steroid to mature bb's lung in case he cant wait... lol...

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!! :)

Alive and with a brand new baby girl, 2.46kg !!!!

All my fears were real but I somehow managed to pull tru. Thanks girls!

zeroflower

congrats ! glad that you pulled through and very happy to hear you got a healthy baby as well.

Thanks everyone :)

Okay, got to make this quick before my girl wakes up for her feed.

It was c-sec.

They put in the tube for bladder after my anesthtic jab so it didnt hurt :) yey

But the jab was painful and the doc kept asking me not to move. It was scary.

I did have gastric and wind cos fasted from 11am, op was supposed to be at 4 delayed till 8 cos there was an emergency case. by the time i could eat, it was 11. so 12hours of no food :(

the pain was terrible. felt it after half an hour. I thought i was going to die and then i remebered why i only wanted to have one kid after i delivered my first, 2 years ago. It was really painful, esp the next day when i was forced to walk. Getting up from the bed was just unbearable.

I thank God after 4 days, it's all better but sneezing and coughing is still scary... still, i know i will forget all this and when that happens, i might be thinking of no.3!

Glad to hear that all is well...

To help with the pain, take paracetemol - don't be afraid to take it if you're in pain...it's not fun to bear with all that while BFing and all. If you have a BFing pillow, use it. Your body and your mind will thank you.

Do get heaps of rest and congrats you! :)

Well u can read my mind. I've not been taking my painkillers cos i'm afraid it'll affect my breastmilk...

Yeah, i do have a bfeeding pillow but i find it very hot around my waist..

Thanks Mabel :) Btw, should i start pumping now or wait till 2 weeks later to avoid nipple confusion. Milk supply quite low. (SO SORRY to digress)

Q, it was really painful but got better last night. The time when it was painful, u just wish everything would stop n the pain would go away

. i am also surprised i managed to survive tru the ordeal. i thought it was the end of the world.

So i am sure u will be able to pull tru, like all other mommies:)

Well u can read my mind. I've not been taking my painkillers cos i'm afraid it'll affect my breastmilk...

Yeah, i do have a bfeeding pillow but i find it very hot around my waist..

Thanks Mabel :) Btw, should i start pumping now or wait till 2 weeks later to avoid nipple confusion. Milk supply quite low. (SO SORRY to digress)

Q, it was really painful but got better last night. The time when it was painful, u just wish everything would stop n the pain would go away

. i am also surprised i managed to survive tru the ordeal. i thought it was the end of the world.

So i am sure u will be able to pull tru, like all other mommies:)

Sorry for the late reply.

Actually, I was told not to feed EBM to newborn in the first one to two months. Maybe you can try once bb turns 1-1.5 mths old or about 2 to 3 weeks before you go back to work. :)

The nurse encourage me to pump cos my milk still din come after the 3rd day and my breasts was starting to get engorged. They fed my ebm to baby using medicine cup.

Btw, I was told by kkia nurse that 2nd time c-sec, the cut will be longer than the 1st, is it true? I'm getting a bit jittery hearing this. My 1st cut was very short, bout 6inches long cos my bb was small, 2.2kg. Hence I did not feel much pain even after the anaesthaesia went off.

Thanks Mei, Purple, nicole :) :)

I'm feeding my girl exclusively now n oni hand express after feeding her. So far, still can get abt 20 bottles of 3oz.

The cut is still the same. Doesnt seem to be longer to me..dont worry! But I had some minor prob with my stitches.

The whole wound is okay except for one is part which is at the end on the right hip. It doesnt seem to heal n is swollen n red. So today I went to see my gynae n he told me that there's an undissolve thread! He cut it out, which was kinda painful but should heal in 10 days time...phew!