skye

MOM TO BE 2012

san2010,

same i also have a blood clot and was diagnose during the 1st scan. Doc gave me duphaston for 2 weeks to clear it up. As for food, sometimes i can only take 1/4 portion not even half and yes overeat = vomit, eat late become gassy also can vomit. So i avoid all that by having muesli bar in bag, apples around me, nestum esp on days where my hubby works late and we have late dinner.

have you done the nuchal test yet ? you should be on finishing your 1st trimester and people say after the 1st trimester all the morning sickness will be gone so dont worry :) i'm sure our appetite will improve in no time :)

HI Skye,

I too have pain at the side but doc just says it's normal. I am excited for your scan. It is always exciting to the little one inside you.

I actually bought some clothes from the flea market at Mont Kiara yesterday. Some loose tops, pants and dresses. It's trendy and cheap too. Better than going to maternity shops I think. Just that I need to get a good pair of leggings. Perhaps for that I need to go to the maternity shops.

Not many ppl know I am pregnant too. I will just let my stomach do the talking since I start showing already. Hahaha.

Grace

Hi Y3N,

I think you should do what you feel like doing now. Spa seems like a good idea. Or perhaps a short trip to somewhere. When you are doing something you enjoy, time passes very quickly. Before you know it, it is time to TTC again.

Lots of baby dust to you ya. Take care.

Grace

Grace,

I've bought some maxi dresses and that will help as i love wearing dresses as its loose and very comfy. I got them pretty cheap too. Some of the maternity shops i went to V-Mum is pretty expensive for just a simple plain tops. I cant wait to share the news with everyone though ! it will be so exciting :D some of my friends who have been a mom before already guessed it.

i'm also looking for a good pair of leggings. I heard from a friend who mention got those belly bands where you can unbutton the jeans/pants and use the band to cover and hold it up but i doubt it will be cheap. Another tips is going to find the bra extender

Hi Skye,

Ya, I like to wear dresses too. It's comfy and more convenient to go to toilet, now that I have to go so often. Haha..ppl keep seeing me walking to and from toilet in the office. Good exercise indeed.

I want to inform many ppl also but part of me still afraid. Because last year I told a lot of ppl I am pregnant and end up losing it. This time, I don want to tell so many ppl. Not because I am pantang but because last year when I told ppl I lost the baby, it hurts all over again.

I read in some thread about bra extenders. How does it works and where can I buy them?

Grace

Grace,

totally understand why you haven't tell yet. Infact the reason why i haven't tell also because i prefer to tell when baby is stable. Heard too many accidental miscarriage so got it abit worried especially since this pregnancy is unexpected and unplanned ones. A friend actually thought I'm pantang and told me off.

I think those wacoal should sell those extenders... i'm also looking out for them :) do let me know if you manage to finds it also ya

hi to u all moms to be :)

wow grace84, we got same EDD :) so coincidence ah??

i'm on 13 weeks ++ now, but i still have my morning sickness everyday

but only in the evening. still can;t eat any dinner but milk & bread :(

when i go to my gynae last time i even lost 2 kg since last month.

i thought pass the 13 week i will be senang already hehehe

last time i went to my gynae, the scan showed the baby became so big! around

6.19c, 6times bigger than last month! we can clearly see the profile features, forehead,

nose, mouth. also hands & feet. i can see my baby moved its hands vigorously at the screen

but i can;t feel it yet. doctor said coz still too small lah..

i haven't start to show yet. i still wearing my normal clothes & pants. only avoid wearing

zipper and too tight. i already change my bra to 'auntie bra' model hahaha.. full cup & no wire one.

oh yeah i read that u can start feel ur uterus, something like ball somewhere above pubic bone.

i can't feel yet, but the area above my pubic bone feels just a bit tight. how bout u ladies.

i wonder if i'm normal or not. why still haven;t show yet, is it healthy?

Grace84,

i found the bra extender at Mom's care so you might want to go there and take a look. I also bought the maternity band where it can help to hide if you unbutton your pants and wear em.

Avolet,

is cosway expensive ? didnt know they sell maternity clothes as well.

morningmoon

must be a superb experience seeing the baby move and grow bigger ! I cant wait for today's appointment to see baby and hear the heartbeat again :D at 10th weeks i doubt i could see any features yet though maybe just hands. So nice that you haven't started showing and can still wear your normal clothes. I have started showing since 7th weeks onwards and today i've started wearing maternity wear already. Since didnt know how baby is growing i'm happy to see the baby bump growing at least i know baby is growing in a way because i dont have much morning sickness, my breast is no longer tender ... so sometimes can get worried for no reason.

I was happily shopping last week for maternity wear and my hubby is like i'm spending so much already hahaha. So far not much feeling in terms of uterus but since 5th or 6th weeks i've been going to the loo very very often. These 2 weeks lessen abit compare to then.

i think different people the baby bump shows different timing. For me, I guess coz i'm not those stick thin type and have a slight tummy so it shows earlier maybe LOL. Kinda proud to have the baby bump and my friend was telling me ... wait till the baby starts moving you feel it ... that feeling is the best feeling of all.

Skye,

Thanks, Skye. I will definitely go have a look. My breasts are hurting so much these days. At night, I can't even take off my bra to sleep coz will feel pain when the blanket or bolster kena my nipples. Sigh. It is so uncomfortable wearing a bra to sleep.

Do tell us how did your scan go. I am excited for you :lol: .

MorningMoon

So we will be mummies almost around the same time. I can't wait for it. Last night hubby and I have already start thinking baby names. My morning sickness is pretty much subsiding already. Just that I still have no appetite for unhealthy food. When I imagine eating KFC or something fried, I will start feeling nauseous. But my appetite for fruits has definitely increased. Which is a good thing I suppose :biggrin: . I think you should be able to feel better by this week? Because I heard some ppl said morning sickness normally will subside by week 14 already.

I can't wait to start feeling the baby moving inside.

I have already start showing a lil bit. Although my mum said it is still not that obvious yet. I think you do not need to worry too much about when you will be showing. According to my mum, when she was carrying me, she only start showing after 6 months. So I think all woman are different when it comes to bump sizes.

Have you start thinking where you will deliver your baby?

You guys have any preferences for boys or girls? I am happy with either one. Thinking of Charlotte or Alena if a girl. Lucas if a boy. But still trying to come up with more choices :tongue: .

Grace

cosway did sell bra extender but i not sure they got sell maternity wear... I forgot its cost me how much for 2 box (1 box got 2 bra extender) but definitely is cheap below RM10...

Avolet

i guess same as mom's care ... 2 for RM 8.90 but will definitely check out cosway as well when i have time :) thanks for the info dear.

Grace84

my boobs used to be painful too ... now alot better but i heard some have to wear those sports bra like to sleep. U can go Mom's Care to check out their maternity bra as well as they look really comfy. Nowdays I get backache especially if i sleep on my back so have to be mindful to sleep sideways to avoid backache :(

I think I bout to pass week 13, but still got bit of morning sickness.. I can't wear most of my normal cloth, feel bit tight. So I wear dress loh..

But I really can sleep, I sure take nap during weekend so when come to week day, i feel sleepy ... I was thinking is it normal? Is z type of morning sickness or it will continue till delivery ?

shaun,

Congrats ! your baby is earlier than mine by 9 days :D

morning sickness is normal apparently but it will go off once we're done with our 1st trimester.

Y3N

I'm sooo sorry to hear this news :(

Guess maybe Doc also get annoyed for not being able to save your baby *hugs* Another thing is I felt if you are unsure about something and your doc is not explaining it throughly for you its always best to check and call back the doc and ask again even if they are annoy with your questions or alternatively look for a 2nd doc for 2nd opinion especially if you are worried of infection or whatever it is coz its our internal system we are talking about here. Dont wait and second guess ya.

Things will get better but make sure 1st thing is get your body back to health :)

pingping79,

Hugs, sorry to hear what you've been through before. I'm glad you are pregnant again and make sure to take care of yourself and listen to your body. Sometimes our instinct tells us something and we need to take note of it immediately. Things will be better once we past the 1st trimester :) gambateh ! Do you have any morning sickness and etc ?

Hi Skye,

Sorry for the late reply, didn't log in for about 2 weeks now.

Yeah, quite a bit of morning sickness - nausea, light headeadness, and etc.... can't eat much nowadays. My boss teased me that i will have better appetite after my 1st trimester. Am counting down to pass my 1st trimester.... feel really uncomfortable and weekend just stayed at home do nothing for the whole day cause feel too tired and uneasy to do anything. If everything goes well, my EDD will be early March 2012.

Talk again, cheers,

Sharon

Hi I'm new here.

Just checking which gynae u guys going to?

Hello !

This thread is for all 2012 MTB & Dragon babies :D

Hope to have more new mom to share more info, details and discuss about anything and everything about our dragon babies.

Recently just went to see Gynae for the 1st time and found out my EDD is later than expected which is a surprise but totally elated when i saw and hear the heartbeat of our baby. Cant stop smiling and gosh, the feeling of seeing a healthy heartbeat makes me feel so much better after the 3 weeks wait for the checkups.

I've even started to buy some cute baby clothes of mixed gender from a sale.

My EDD ~ 15/2/2012

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum.

I am visiting a gynae whose clinic is near to my house in Taman Equine. He is Dr.Leong who visits Columbia Asia.

How far along are you?

Cheers,

Grace

Hi Grace, i'm @ week 6/7 now. Juz tested positive. So choosing a good gynae now. My 1st child gynae was Dr Jeremy Chuah :(. So that's why i'm asking around. Most likely will go SJMC as its near my place so there are 2 options either Dr Siti or Dr Tang ... recommend by some frens la.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum.

I am visiting a gynae whose clinic is near to my house in Taman Equine. He is Dr.Leong who visits Columbia Asia.

How far along are you?

Cheers,

Grace

Hello everyone!

I have bleeding again. SIGH. Went back to see Dr. Kiren. She said, could be the durian or chinese tea (which she doubts is the tea) could have trigger it. So this time, she gave me Noflux (contains papaya enzyme) to flush everything out.

I was clear for a week actually, until I ate durian and drank some chinese tea on Monday night. Tuesday onwards (a little bit) and Wednesday full day. Thursday (today) went back to see her. aiyoh. :wacko:

According to Dr. Kiren, it takes up to 6weeks for the body + hormone to be back to normal. It should be around end of August.

So this bleeding (only using pantiliner) is hormone related.

So sorry. I guess I am the only negative one here. Any where in the forum which discuss miscarriage? :sad:

hi Y3N, there is another thread in this forum that talks about D&C and miscarriges... u can try to search for it.

i am one that strongly believe in those chinese old saying that we need to be careful with what we eats, esp when our body is weaker, after delivery and miscarriage etc, cos i have been through confinement for my 1st child myself and see the difference before and after. i had miscarriage in June and up until now, i am still stuffing myself with all heaty stuff like dong guai and DOM until recently when i finally started trying again. i need to get my body and womb back to its previous condition so i can get pregnant again asap. (very desperate indeed) :oops:

good luck and i am sure u r under good care of Dr Kiren and will fine, don be upset. take care.

LisaC, i delivered my 1st child under dr tang. she is good. Dato Siti is popular too and please be prepared for long wait for both as their appointments are always full. good luck!

Hi Cheerio,

May I know how many weeks were you when you miscarriage?

As for me, I did ask the doctor. She said it is a very early miscarriage. Just eat normally with good food. Treat it like a heavy period. I increased my red meat intake for iron + protein (im not really a meat eater, but have to now).

Will DOM help? I have yet to buy one.

How do you prepare the dong guai? If I drink DOM every night only is it good enough?

If you miscarriage in June. Now is July. So you are waiting after 1 period or just carry on with the first ovulation?

Thank you.

Hi Cheerio,

Tks for the tips, have booked Dr Siti next Tues as she is away now. Mind me asking u went thru natural or C-Sec. Do you know what's the price @ SJMC. My 1st child was @ Pantai so i thot the cost might differ.

Hi Y3N,

Sorry to hear abt your case. My sis who try to conceive for 11 yrs and went thru few miscarraige and now her girl is 1 1/2 yrs old. Just have faith to yourself and yea "bou ban" does help. Mom always give her "gai jeng" the whole kampong chic pound it and then slow cook "dan" for hours and just take the essence. Hope this help too :)

LisaC, i delivered my 1st child under dr tang. she is good. Dato Siti is popular too and please be prepared for long wait for both as their appointments are always full. good luck!

hi Y3N, i had miscarriage at week 19. most doc will only tell u to eat as per normal and also to eat healthy food, becos in western medicine there is no such thing as cooling or heaty food. but sometimes u may come across Chinese gynea that say u can follow wat ur mom says, 'if u believe' cos there is no harm following :lol:

as for the dong guai, i normally add to my mee suah or meat i.e. steam chicken with ginger wine, kei chi, red dates plus some dong guai in there, and i will eat the dong guai altogether. u can also boil soup and throw few pieces of dong guai in there, those chinese sinsei claimed that dong guai is the 'treasure for women's reproductive system'.

as for DOM, yah its very heaty so i find it nice to drink, it warm up my body. my MIL make me drink 3 times a day and she always say my aunty who is over 70 years old still can take night shower with cold water because she has been drinking DOM for yearssss :ohmy:

am truly grateful it didnt take me too long to gain back my strength and i had my period exactly 1 month after miscarriage. was thrilled cos its like finally seeing lights at the end of tunnel. i suppose the cycle starts immediately after the miscarriage. i have started trying and finger crossed will have good news soon.....

hi LisaC, i had natural with epidural for my 1st child and if my memory doesnt failed me, we paid about 4k (exclude baby charges). that was 3 years back and price may have gone up now, u can always check with Dato Siti when u see her. good luck! :lol:

Hi Cheerio,

Week 19 can already be treated as confinement period if we had a miscarriage at that week.

I bought brand's chicken essence with tangkwei (which I think is don guai? -- correct me if I am wrong) I plan to drink this one a day and carry on with brands essence of chicken just to help myself and also taking one iron tab aday along with my multi-vits.

Yes, I'll 'invest' in some dong guai and go to the chinese medicine hall to ask for advice.

Thank you again :)