gingergurl

Blues from First Time Inexperienced Mummy

We tend to overfeed when using bottle, but if u direct feed, babies will know when to stop. Even if u direct feed, babies willl vomit every now n then. This is caused by their immature digestive system or it could be sometimes we move baby too much. To reduce vomitting, try burping ur baby often n hold baby in a more upright position once u r done feeding.

Today went for checkup with his paed and his jaundice is now normal range so that is one problem solved. Another major problem is since birth his scrotum has been swollen (quite big in size) and his paed say that it is water retention, very normal and may take few months for the swelling to go down. However today when she checked she asked us to take him for ultrasound just to see what is the water level.

At the ultrasound the sonographer told us that my son most likely need surgery coz what he is having is bilateral hernia and the bowels are going into the scrotum. After consulting with my paed she refer us to another paed surgeon which we will see this Thursday and she also say that my son will need the surgery to stitch the "muscle" back coz now got one big hole there and according to them it is common for premature babies (my son was nearly 39 weeks old when he was born)....

I hope the surgery will go well. Seems like one worry after another huh....Anyone's babies experienced this? Is it safe to go for the surgery?

Today went for checkup with his paed and his jaundice is now normal range so that is one problem solved. Another major problem is since birth his scrotum has been swollen (quite big in size) and his paed say that it is water retention, very normal and may take few months for the swelling to go down. However today when she checked she asked us to take him for ultrasound just to see what is the water level.

At the ultrasound the sonographer told us that my son most likely need surgery coz what he is having is bilateral hernia and the bowels are going into the scrotum. After consulting with my paed she refer us to another paed surgeon which we will see this Thursday and she also say that my son will need the surgery to stitch the "muscle" back coz now got one big hole there and according to them it is common for premature babies (my son was nearly 39 weeks old when he was born)....

I hope the surgery will go well. Seems like one worry after another huh....Anyone's babies experienced this? Is it safe to go for the surgery?

as long as i know nearly 39weeks not consider premature. but dont worry too much, everything will be fine. my friend son also went for the surgery, at first like you said take few months for the swelling to go down, but end up have to go for the surgery at 1yr old. his son nearly 3yrs old now and perfectly healthy.

and for the part you scared that unable to cope with your baby when he cry non-stop, at first i am like you too, and time after time you will get use to it and just let your baby cry for a minute while you take a deep breath then only you will go to swaddle him and try other method to cool him down. :smile:

My baby will go for surgery next Wednesday. Dr say it is a common surgery and he will be able to discharge the next day. I hope everything goes well. I have to starve him from 5.30am till 10.30am on Tuesday morning so am thinking of giving him FM at 5.30am coz if not he will cry and cry for milk by 6.30am.....Hope everything goes well and by thursday everything will be better. Dr say he is also probably in pain that is why he fussing...

gingergurl,

He will be fine and fully recover after the surgery. Keep tell him u love him very much, touch him and hug him. Let us together pray for him.

hi gingergurl

will pray for a smooth surgey n recovery for yr son ya. btw, how is he now?

my lil girl is almost a month now n she's beginning to bully me. when i put her down to sleep, she'll cry as tho she's hungry. but when i carry n put her to my breast, she snuggles n sleeps. lol.

hi gingergurl

my lil girl is almost a month now n she's beginning to bully me. when i put her down to sleep, she'll cry as tho she's hungry. but when i carry n put her to my breast, she snuggles n sleeps. lol.

ohh so cute!!!

i am kinda excited and also nervous about the bullying i am gonna get later

hi gingergurl

Thanks Zeroflower. He will be admitted today and tomorow surgery at 10.30am. I hope everything goes well and he will be able to come home on Thursday.

hi gingergurl

Thanks Zeroflower. He will be admitted today and tomorow surgery at 10.30am. I hope everything goes well and he will be able to come home on Thursday.

hugs for you super-mama... do take care of yourself and the little one

qarezma & lydia and all, thanks for your support and encouragement. My son's operation so far is smooth and we are monitoring his condition. Hope he will heal positively and no more fussing in the days to come hehe..

hi all mommies, dunno is this the correct thread to ask my question or not.. my boy is 3m+ and when he sleeps, he spins his head very fast.. ok, not spin.. but turn right left right left right left very very fast for like a few seconds (with eyes closed).. any mommies with same experience with their kid?

hi, lucky i found this forum.. last night argue with hubby about breastfed my girl.. my first child. She don't want to direct feed so i pump every 4-5 hour. each session 1-11/2 hour. if not empty the breast i end up clogged duster everyday. coz due to my situation.. i lack of sleep, coz need to wake up and pump... 4 hour is max for me per day for sleep.I very tired. If near morning, after pump need to cook coz when day time, she sometime being fussy.. can't do anything even go to toilet.. If she be a good girl also problem, coz that mean she trying to turn over. Next week she be 4 month. A lot of time, when i left her, she end up turn over and she can't breath and can't turn back.Really scary . My husband really fed up now and tension due to me pumping . Coz almost everyday,when 5pm or later i feel dizzy, maybe coz lack of sleep. He say he can't work, caming home for him very stressfull now. So last night end up deciding to stop breastfed and switch to formula. Now i wake up really don't want to stop pumping coz breastmilk is far more better than any formula milk and my girl usually very full when drink breastmilk... can last 3-4 hour than formula milk (Frisolac Gold) that only last 1-2 hour (maybe coz i take vitamin so she feel full with breastmilk). But i will end up not enough sleep again, my husband already fed up and stress.. me also stress... sometime feel like to hurt myself.. sometime really hurting myselftake something and hit myself.... maybe i stress also coz always stay at home, not going out..no one to talk with.. neighbour not at home all the time...if go out on weekend also rushing, no sastification. Have to come back before 5pm coz my girl nap time.. if disturn that time, she will disturn u back.. not sleeping and cry...fussy all night unstill she tired. I really don't know what to do, really give up and give her formula... is that the only choice i have..

hi, lucky i found this forum.. last night argue with hubby about breastfed my girl.. my first child. She don't want to direct feed so i pump every 4-5 hour. each session 1-11/2 hour. if not empty the breast i end up clogged duster everyday. coz due to my situation.. i lack of sleep, coz need to wake up and pump... 4 hour is max for me per day for sleep.I very tired. If near morning, after pump need to cook coz when day time, she sometime being fussy.. can't do anything even go to toilet.. If she be a good girl also problem, coz that mean she trying to turn over. Next week she be 4 month. A lot of time, when i left her, she end up turn over and she can't breath and can't turn back.Really scary . My husband really fed up now and tension due to me pumping . Coz almost everyday,when 5pm or later i feel dizzy, maybe coz lack of sleep. He say he can't work, caming home for him very stressfull now. So last night end up deciding to stop breastfed and switch to formula. Now i wake up really don't want to stop pumping coz breastmilk is far more better than any formula milk and my girl usually very full when drink breastmilk... can last 3-4 hour than formula milk (Frisolac Gold) that only last 1-2 hour (maybe coz i take vitamin so she feel full with breastmilk). But i will end up not enough sleep again, my husband already fed up and stress.. me also stress... sometime feel like to hurt myself.. sometime really hurting myselftake something and hit myself.... maybe i stress also coz always stay at home, not going out..no one to talk with.. neighbour not at home all the time...if go out on weekend also rushing, no sastification. Have to come back before 5pm coz my girl nap time.. if disturn that time, she will disturn u back.. not sleeping and cry...fussy all night unstill she tired. I really don't know what to do, really give up and give her formula... is that the only choice i have..

Hi,

I think you need to have a good talk with your husband. Let him know why you think breast milk is better than formula milk. Try to talk to each other calmly. What i don't understand is, why is he feeling so stressful about you pumping? He needs to take care of your baby while you are pumping? If that's the reason, he is being unreasonable. It's his duty and responsibility to take care of her too.

As for you, I think you are still not very used to your current situation. Try to relax. I usually get up very early in the morning so that i can finish whatever need to be done before my baby wakes up. While she sleeps in the afternoon, try to take a nap with her.

If you feel bored staying at home all the time, maybe you can bring your girl to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. As for going out in the weekend, maybe you can go out earlier in the day so that you won't have time conflict with your girl. Going out earlier in the day is better too because not that crowded especially at the shopping complexes.

Can I smack your hubby left and right please?

His job is to HELP you not put you down and discourage you. Besides, I don't see why he's stressed out, considering that you're the one who is tired, suffering from lack of sleep and pumping. MAYBE he has trouble coping with the change but his attitude certainly isn't making life easier for THREE of you (yes, baby can also feel the stress from parents).

May I suggest that you try out babywearing and head outdoors with your daughter? You don't have to stay cooped up at home all the time. When I was a SAHM, I was out EVERY morning with Eva - go to the market, buy groceries, run errands, go jalan-jalan, etc.

hi all mommies, dunno is this the correct thread to ask my question or not.. my boy is 3m+ and when he sleeps, he spins his head very fast.. ok, not spin.. but turn right left right left right left very very fast for like a few seconds (with eyes closed).. any mommies with same experience with their kid?

Summer, my son behave like that since 1m+, even stay awake... hahahaa....

shirly, you should continue to breastfeed. talk to your husband about your situation too. i worry if continue like that may lead you to further depression. agreed with mei, husband job is to HELP and NOT PUT you down and discourage you. how if you invest to a better pump to short the pumping time? so that you can have more time to sleep. my son also know to turn over and can't turn back. >.< so normally i will put him in bouncer, slot his leg in. if in kitchen, will bring the bouncer put in kitchen, somewhere i can see. . and like looking4hope said, try to take a nap with your DD. about house chores, if you really tired, just "open one eye close one eye".

Summer, my son behave like that since 1m+, even stay awake... hahahaa....

Summer, my son oso same like kaiekai....... :wub: