gingergurl

Blues from First Time Inexperienced Mummy

hey lydia, kaiekai.. thanks for the reply girls.. wow, what a relief.. i thought how come so weird, pusing kiri kanan so damn fast, so many times, macam non stop.. aiyoh... actually, what's the reason they pusing their like that ? :wacko3: i see him like that also i feel pening liao.. dunno he feel pening or not.. haha

hey lydia, kaiekai.. thanks for the reply girls.. wow, what a relief.. i thought how come so weird, pusing kiri kanan so damn fast, so many times, macam non stop.. aiyoh... actually, what's the reason they pusing their like that ? :wacko3: i see him like that also i feel pening liao.. dunno he feel pening or not.. haha

summer my son too .... turn his head right and left damn fast since the day he knew how to turn head.... sometime with eye closing and sometime with eye opening.... but nowaday didt do like that dy.... he is 3mth+ now. hubby said he could be dreaming something and trying to say NO NO in the dream haha .... :)

Hi,

I think you need to have a good talk with your husband. Let him know why you think breast milk is better than formula milk. Try to talk to each other calmly. What i don't understand is, why is he feeling so stressful about you pumping? He needs to take care of your baby while you are pumping? If that's the reason, he is being unreasonable. It's his duty and responsibility to take care of her too.

As for you, I think you are still not very used to your current situation. Try to relax. I usually get up very early in the morning so that i can finish whatever need to be done before my baby wakes up. While she sleeps in the afternoon, try to take a nap with her.

If you feel bored staying at home all the time, maybe you can bring your girl to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. As for going out in the weekend, maybe you can go out earlier in the day so that you won't have time conflict with your girl. Going out earlier in the day is better too because not that crowded especially at the shopping complexes.

why he stressful... well coz he very stxxxd... he came home almost 8pm.. my girl sleep when he sing to her... ok that great.. the problem is after 11pm or later he sleepy.. he don't sleep coz scare baby cry we both don't wake up... so he also end up not enough rest...i told him thousand of time to sleep... i say i sleep early than him, so i will wake up when baby want to be fed...afterall when he sleep baby cry didn't i the one that wake up and he sleep dead .... this promblem i talk to him since my girl born.. after my girland i went home from hospital.. i stay at my mum house for pantang.. my husband end up not sleeping 1 week.. coz he stay beside baby cot... watching his girl sleep... protecting her from mosquito and other insect... my mum so frust that she bring my girl to her room and ask my husband sleep...

Every weekend he promise want to wake up early so that i have time to go jalan2...but usually he end up sleep at 2am and wake up at 10am... want to wait for him bath and everything.. already noon.. no hope for me..

shirly, you should continue to breastfeed. talk to your husband about your situation too. i worry if continue like that may lead you to further depression. agreed with mei, husband job is to HELP and NOT PUT you down and discourage you. how if you invest to a better pump to short the pumping time? so that you can have more time to sleep. my son also know to turn over and can't turn back. >.< so normally i will put him in bouncer, slot his leg in. if in kitchen, will bring the bouncer put in kitchen, somewhere i can see. . and like looking4hope said, try to take a nap with your DD. about house chores, if you really tired, just "open one eye close one eye".

i now using medela harmony.. well i saving some money to buy spetra 3... can do double pumping...can't lock her leg.. i try.. she cry .. hate not able to be free..

shirly, you should continue to breastfeed. talk to your husband about your situation too. i worry if continue like that may lead you to further depression. agreed with mei, husband job is to HELP and NOT PUT you down and discourage you. how if you invest to a better pump to short the pumping time? so that you can have more time to sleep. my son also know to turn over and can't turn back. >.< so normally i will put him in bouncer, slot his leg in. if in kitchen, will bring the bouncer put in kitchen, somewhere i can see. . and like looking4hope said, try to take a nap with your DD. about house chores, if you really tired, just "open one eye close one eye".

i now using medela harmony.. well i saving some money to buy spetra 3... can do double pumping...can't lock her leg.. i try.. she cry .. hate not able to be free..

shirly, check out http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=1&theater 2nd hand spectra 3 to let go... if you dont mind to use it... :smile: if you interested, contact her to nego the price.

Can I smack your hubby left and right please?

His job is to HELP you not put you down and discourage you. Besides, I don't see why he's stressed out, considering that you're the one who is tired, suffering from lack of sleep and pumping. MAYBE he has trouble coping with the change but his attitude certainly isn't making life easier for THREE of you (yes, baby can also feel the stress from parents).

May I suggest that you try out babywearing and head outdoors with your daughter? You don't have to stay cooped up at home all the time. When I was a SAHM, I was out EVERY morning with Eva - go to the market, buy groceries, run errands, go jalan-jalan, etc.

last night cry in front of my girl and she laught.. make me stop cry.. what so funny about mummy cry.. not the first time like that... everytime she look at me stressful or cry.. she will laught.. and i will stop thinking all other things... she is my greatest remedies for my stress... i do survey for babywearing.. but there too many sort of it.. sling, moby wrap..etc... don't know which to choose.. and scare choose wrongly... coz not cheap..

Hi,

I think you need to have a good talk with your husband. Let him know why you think breast milk is better than formula milk. Try to talk to each other calmly. What i don't understand is, why is he feeling so stressful about you pumping? He needs to take care of your baby while you are pumping? If that's the reason, he is being unreasonable. It's his duty and responsibility to take care of her too.

As for you, I think you are still not very used to your current situation. Try to relax. I usually get up very early in the morning so that i can finish whatever need to be done before my baby wakes up. While she sleeps in the afternoon, try to take a nap with her.

If you feel bored staying at home all the time, maybe you can bring your girl to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. As for going out in the weekend, maybe you can go out earlier in the day so that you won't have time conflict with your girl. Going out earlier in the day is better too because not that crowded especially at the shopping complexes.

why he stressful... well coz he very stxxxd... he came home almost 8pm.. my girl sleep when he sing to her... ok that great.. the problem is after 11pm or later he sleepy.. he don't sleep coz scare baby cry we both don't wake up... so he also end up not enough rest...i told him thousand of time to sleep... i say i sleep early than him, so i will wake up when baby want to be fed...afterall when he sleep baby cry didn't i the one that wake up and he sleep dead .... this promblem i talk to him since my girl born.. after my girland i went home from hospital.. i stay at my mum house for pantang.. my husband end up not sleeping 1 week.. coz he stay beside baby cot... watching his girl sleep... protecting her from mosquito and other insect... my mum so frust that she bring my girl to her room and ask my husband sleep...

Every weekend he promise want to wake up early so that i have time to go jalan2...but usually he end up sleep at 2am and wake up at 10am... want to wait for him bath and everything.. already noon.. no hope for me..

aikss... dont be silly... sure you will wake up when she acts/cry for milk. about protecting her from mosquito and other insect, hello... got mosquito net right? your hb really stubborn... just ask him to sleep at 11pm, explain to him that if he stress, complain, will add on your pressure too. why dont he get enough rest, good for him and good for you. peace

Hi,

aikss... dont be silly... sure you will wake up when she acts/cry for milk. about protecting her from mosquito and other insect, hello... got mosquito net right? your hb really stubborn... just ask him to sleep at 11pm, explain to him that if he stress, complain, will add on your pressure too. why dont he get enough rest, good for him and good for you. peace

hard to get a slow talk with him.. just now he call, i say want to discuss thing tonight.. guese what he say.. i go home want to relax not being stress... working already stress.. now go home want to talk what... really can be crazy if husband like this...

If you don't know which carrier to choose, can go to a shop like Tiny Tapir and speak to the ladies there as well as try out their carriers. That way you can see which suits you better. Also, watch out for preloved carriers. :)

As for your hubby, well, only you will know how to handle him - we can only suggest. :) Like I tell a lot of other new mums, this is just the beginning. It's either you bear with it or you and your HB get your act together as a married couple with a newborn!

If you don't know which carrier to choose, can go to a shop like Tiny Tapir and speak to the ladies there as well as try out their carriers. That way you can see which suits you better. Also, watch out for preloved carriers. :)

As for your hubby, well, only you will know how to handle him - we can only suggest. :) Like I tell a lot of other new mums, this is just the beginning. It's either you bear with it or you and your HB get your act together as a married couple with a newborn!

sorry, i at kelantan.. don't know where got sell babywearing... yes i know.. if not that my husband don't love me.. he just don't know what to do and influence from his malay friends, the things with that women job not man job... i already help u.. other worst.. bla..blabla but thanks everyone... really help me lose some tension here...

sorry, i at kelantan.. don't know where got sell babywearing... yes i know.. if not that my husband don't love me.. he just don't know what to do and influence from his malay friends, the things with that women job not man job... i already help u.. other worst.. bla..blabla but thanks everyone... really help me lose some tension here...

marriage do need both man and woman work together... no such thing of man job or woman job in a healthy marriage life... (no offend but he suppose to be from ancient times... with his bunch of M frens... ?) m not trying to add salt... but if ur hubby so love to compare with others whom he claimed worse than him... tell him off there a lot lot more GOOD MAN outside whom even take over all wife job... (if he still thinking there a differential between man and woman job.... :)

I agree. Why must always compare with people who are worst off? Should he aim higher and better?

I used to tell my HB that the day I start comparing him to people who are worse is the day I look down on him and stop caring. To me, if I love you, I will expect more from you because at the end of the day, it benefits you more than me - you become a better person and I only want him to grow.

well his family like that lol... even my own brother and step father like that.. my mum say these guy will never survive if something happen to us.. but the good news is now he support me on breastfeeding.. why.. well yesterday we go to klinik kesihatan usuall routine only no injection .. everyone was praising that our girl very active.. 4 month already can hold things... and she look like 7-8 month baby liao... my MIL say fat (old people really $%#*, it's healthy ok..) I say to him breastmilk mah... not cow milk.. of coz not slow like cow.. now he really help me and not making me stress anymore...what a relief... he ask other mummy and nurse.. they also not enough sleep.. He though i the one weirdo that not enough sleep taking care of baby... aiiii really have to see other same as me..then know what had he done wrong..

Hi all. I'm a working mom & my baby is reaching 5 mths. She loves to sleep on bottle/breast. And whenever she wants to sleep, she will need to drink water or milk to sleep. We have no choice but to give water if haven't reach her feeding time. And she always will drink lots of plain water to sleep. I understand that a drinking breastmilk baby doesn't need to drink much plain water. But my little one just loves to drink and I think she drinks too much and start worrying. Usually she will drink around 10-12 oz plain water per day. She will cry whenever we pull the bottle out from her mouth. She still can finish all her milk after drinking water. We've tried the following but still couldn't solve the problem.

1). At 1st we thought maybe need to increase her milk, so have increased 0.5 oz (from 4oz every 3 hrs to 4.5oz every 3hrs 15 min) . At 1st, she seems cannot finish it at 1 time, need to split to 2 times to finish 4.5oz. But now she can finish 4.5oz every 3hrs 15 min. After increase her milk, she still love to drink a lot of water.

2). She doesn't like pacifier since 3rd mth onwards. We have changed from 0-6 mths MAM pacifier to 6 mths++ MAM pacifier and also tried on Korean brand pacifier also cannot, she just doesnt want to take :(

We've asked our pediatrician & he advices not to give too much water bcos baby stomach very small, if give too much water end up baby will vomit milk. But he didn't give us solution, he just asked us not to give too much :(

My baby has fast weight gain. Birth weight 3.7kg and 8.8kg when she is 4mths & 3wks. Doc said she is overweight and overheight already, her saize is equavalent to 7 mths old baby

She likes to bite teethers and has lots of saliva. She is teething soon. Does teething inter related with drinking more water? Anyone facing this problem? S.O.S :(

aggy,

my daugther almost same as ur daugther... she like to sleep with breastfeed... I try not to let her do so.. so every time she fall asleep while breastfeed I will used a cold cloth to wipe her up.. if she very tired then Ive no choice to let her sleep.. some times she will sleep while bottle feed.. so I did the same way...

my daugther don't like pacifier too.. I've tried lots of brand of pacifier too.. end up I bought her a teether (from MAM, the shape like a teeth gum) I let her bite while she feel sleepy.. she manage to sleep after she bitting it... so we use the teether as her pacifier... also I found out she manage to sleep tied and well on her tummy.. (we have to watch out her every single mins coz scare she will cover her nose and can't breath)

how height is ur daugther now?? early of this months I bring her for check up.. she is 9kg and 70cm tall which in her 7mths old... her dr did not said she over weight.. her dr said she is a big size baby.. her size is at 10mths old baby... for me so long the baby is healthy Im ok coz they will maintain or lower down their weight while they start to craw or walk...

don't worry too much... try to replace the water to the teether see... hope its will help ur daugther.. :smile:

aggy,

I think your daughter likes the teats where she used that to pacifier herself to sleep or for comfort.

If you wanna stop this habit of her you got to let her cries for few rounds to indicate that this is not the right way and she has to learn the new way to sleep. She is still young and able to stop this habit if you are strong enuf to let her cries for few nights.

Her paed is right, their tummy is very small, shouldn't take so much water as the breastmilk is good enuf for them, but once she is on solid she has to take water for her body system.

My daughter used to be liked that when come to sleep, but I didn't give her drinks plain water for the first 6 mths (she is a breastmilk baby) what I will do is just to feed her before her sleep and after feeding her I just put her down, say good night and walk away from the room and she learns how to settle down by herself, and this routine only managed to continue like 3-4 mths, while she is 10 mths old we are no longer can do that to her plus her sleeping schedule will change from time to time.

She is not a pacifier baby but she will suck her thumb to pacifier herself to sleep, once she is into her deep sleep her thumb will auto drop by her mouth, but I still need to stop this habit of her so now I told her don't suck your thumb, you smell it, it is so smelly, she will just giggle there and stop a while but still can't help and put into her mouth again.

Wao...long time no log in here, changes a lot, I nearly couldn't find back my post :)

crasygal and beautifulgown, thanks a lot for your sharing. My mom in law has just successfully trained my bb to use back pacifier whenever she wants to sleep and since then she drinks less water than before.... :)