2-3 weeks prior to my registration, I’d gone to Putrajaya & applied to have my marriage registered here. Since I am from Sarawak, I had to go to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Putrajaya, and change my address from Miri to Subang Jaya – a relatively painless process that took about 10 minutes & 10 ringgit.

I could have chosen to retain my address in Miri, but that would necessitated my submitting my application for registration of marriage (ROM) to the office in Sarawak in person, and the luxury of leave is something I do not have. And then I would have had to wait for the approval of the application, and then go to Putrajaya to apply for a date, and then turn up again at Putrajaya on the date itself. Point is, it was more convenient to just change the address on my identification card.

After I had my address changed, I then went ?up/down 2 floors – in the same building, the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara – to apply for registration of marriage. At the counter, the registrar of marriage gave us the application form to fill. (I’d brought my own that I’d printed from the JPN website, but apparently they prefer you to use theirs, even though both the forms were identical.) The form required a passport-sized picture of my HB & I respectively, and both the pictures must be taken on a blue background.

And then we were asked to pick a date – within 3 weeks – to have the “pengupacaraan perkahwinan” (ROM).

On the day itself, ie. the 5th of July, 2011, we turned up, went back to the same counter where we’d submitted the application form, and took a number.

When our turn came, we went into a conference room, which had a rectangular meeting table at one end, with the Jata Negara on the wall, and big green & gold polystyrene cut-out words which read, “SEMOGA KEKAL ABADI” (May it last forever).

The registrar of marriage then came in, and sat in front of the table. HB & I sat across from her, while his father & my father sat at opposite ends of the table. We then had to stand up, and raise our right hand – seriously – and answer the questions she put to us, including:

“Adakah anda faham bahawa perkahwinan ini tidak dapat dibubarkan sehingga kematian salah seorang pihak?”

And finally, “Adakah anda, A – setuju untuk mengahwini S – ?” And vice versa.

And with a “Ye, saya setuju,” my HB & I were then lawfully declared married. Signed 3 copies of the marriage certificate, and we were done with the whole ceremony in less than half an hour.

Hi Sinejane,

Congrats and thanks for the information. By the way, do you have any idea if we can do solemnisation of marriage at JPN Putrajaya on a weekend?

2-3 weeks prior to my registration, I'd gone to Putrajaya & applied to have my marriage registered here. Since I am from Sarawak, I had to go to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Putrajaya, and change my address from Miri to Subang Jaya – a relatively painless process that took about 10 minutes & 10 ringgit.

I could have chosen to retain my address in Miri, but that would necessitated my submitting my application for registration of marriage (ROM) to the office in Sarawak in person, and the luxury of leave is something I do not have. And then I would have had to wait for the approval of the application, and then go to Putrajaya to apply for a date, and then turn up again at Putrajaya on the date itself. Point is, it was more convenient to just change the address on my identification card.

After I had my address changed, I then went ?up/down 2 floors – in the same building, the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara – to apply for registration of marriage. At the counter, the registrar of marriage gave us the application form to fill. (I'd brought my own that I'd printed from the JPN website, but apparently they prefer you to use theirs, even though both the forms were identical.) The form required a passport-sized picture of my HB & I respectively, and both the pictures must be taken on a blue background.

And then we were asked to pick a date – within 3 weeks – to have the "pengupacaraan perkahwinan" (ROM).

On the day itself, ie. the 5th of July, 2011, we turned up, went back to the same counter where we'd submitted the application form, and took a number.

When our turn came, we went into a conference room, which had a rectangular meeting table at one end, with the Jata Negara on the wall, and big green & gold polystyrene cut-out words which read, "SEMOGA KEKAL ABADI" (May it last forever).

The registrar of marriage then came in, and sat in front of the table. HB & I sat across from her, while his father & my father sat at opposite ends of the table. We then had to stand up, and raise our right hand – seriously – and answer the questions she put to us, including:

"Adakah anda faham bahawa perkahwinan ini tidak dapat dibubarkan sehingga kematian salah seorang pihak?"

And finally, "Adakah anda, A – setuju untuk mengahwini S – ?" And vice versa.

And with a "Ye, saya setuju," my HB & I were then lawfully declared married. Signed 3 copies of the marriage certificate, and we were done with the whole ceremony in less than half an hour.

Hello Sinejane,

Thanks alot for this information really appreciates that you put it up too...I am going to do my ROM in Putrajaya too. I just worry abt the car park there but since Skye said alot of open car park and it is free :smile: then it is a good news to me. Hahaha sorry sound so cheapskate but the car park actually meant for my mum and MIL cos they cant walk too far and if put them at the office and we go parking they might get panic pula. :D Will share more soon.

mine was done in english and the whole process just takes less than 10 minutes in actual fact.

Hi Sinejane, thanks for the sharing. It really helps me a lot. I am from Sarawak too (kuching :P) and i know that i have to change address to either KL or Selangor before ROM. Glad to hear that it is an easy process and do not need to wait for a long time.

Skye, I thought they open during saturday? correct me if I am wrong. How about changing address and submit form? cannot do it during weekend as well? Plan to have my ROM on 20112011 but i think now i have to change the date. ><"

they are open during saturday but i dont remember they can do ROM on saturday infact they handle ROM solemnization in the morning only if i remember correctly until 11 or 12pm only on weekday.

changing address can be done very quickly at the opposite area where they only change the address in the system database and not on your mykad. i've heard people say it takes about 5 - 10 minutes. Both me n hubby is selangor address so we cant be 100% sure.

u can give them a call to check with them now as the rules might have change since my ROM last year

Hi everyone, I just came back to book my date for my 2012 ROM. Well, very easy for Malaysian couples. You all just need to bring the IC and fill in the form which you can get it from the lady at the counter One and one passport photo with blue background for each of you.Then after clarify the date then off u go with a receipt which u need to bring when the actual day for ROM date. The ROM process can be don from 8am-11.30am. First come first serve basis. No need photocopy of IC or birthcert. LOL actually we did brought both but end no need use it cos the lady said their system are link so no need photo copy of the documents...This process just mean for couple who have KL or Selangor address only. :) GOOD Luck to all new Brides To Be.

thanks for the info. I think i will go to fill up the form and change address on Saturday. Talk about calling them up...i was surprised of their services. I called the general line that day asked for the operating hours, and he straight away put me on hold for 6 min. I cannot wait anymore coz i feel it is ridiculous for that long to find out the operating hours thus i hung up and call back. the other consultant just gave me the answer straight away. ><"

When is your date chubby angel? in 2012? :)

thanks for the info. I think i will go to fill up the form and change address on Saturday. Talk about calling them up...i was surprised of their services. I called the general line that day asked for the operating hours, and he straight away put me on hold for 6 min. I cannot wait anymore coz i feel it is ridiculous for that long to find out the operating hours thus i hung up and call back. the other consultant just gave me the answer straight away. ><"

Mine is on 13 Feb now I just realise I cant but any cheap hand bouquet during that period(Valentine's Day) therefore now looking for alternative...how abt urs?

Hi there, we'r opting for ROM solemnisation outside JPN office (on a Sunday at home). On 20.09.2011, we submitted ROM application form at JPN-PJ for listing of 21 days. Tomorrow can collect the form and will then need to submit it to JPN-Shah Alam to seek for approval and officer's availability for our ROM on 18.12.2011. Just wondering for the commissioner of oath, when is it that we need to get their signatory?? Is it on the ROM actual day itself or we can have that done earlier?

Mine is on 13 Feb now I just realise I cant but any cheap hand bouquet during that period(Valentine's Day) therefore now looking for alternative...how abt urs?

Hi Chubbyangel, you may try to call Jess 016-8383837 for ROM/Wedding hand bouquet. or email her at wishyou_happy@hotmail.com

Hi Chubbyangel, you may try to call Jess 016-8383837 for ROM/Wedding hand bouquet. or email her at wishyou_happy@hotmail.com

Hello there, thank you for the contact number and email I will email her today then. Thanks again! :lol:

Yeah, my grandmothers-in-law both came & I made sure I parked nearby so they wouldn't have to walk too far - they're both over 80, dy. O_O

2-3 weeks prior to my registration, I'd gone to Putrajaya & applied to have my marriage registered here. Since I am from Sarawak, I had to go to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Putrajaya, and change my address from Miri to Subang Jaya – a relatively painless process that took about 10 minutes & 10 ringgit.

After I had my address changed, I then went ?up/down 2 floors – in the same building, the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara – to apply for registration of marriage. At the counter, the registrar of marriage gave us the application form to fill. (I'd brought my own that I'd printed from the JPN website, but apparently they prefer you to use theirs, even though both the forms were identical.) The form required a passport-sized picture of my HB & I respectively, and both the pictures must be taken on a blue background.

And then we were asked to pick a date – within 3 weeks – to have the "pengupacaraan perkahwinan" (ROM).

On the day itself, ie. the 5th of July, 2011, we turned up, went back to the same counter where we'd submitted the application form, and took a number.

When our turn came, we went into a conference room, which had a rectangular meeting table at one end, with the Jata Negara on the wall, and big green & gold polystyrene cut-out words which read, "SEMOGA KEKAL ABADI" (May it last forever).

"Adakah anda faham bahawa perkahwinan ini tidak dapat dibubarkan sehingga kematian salah seorang pihak?"

And with a "Ye, saya setuju," my HB & I were then lawfully declared married. Signed 3 copies of the marriage certificate, and we were done with the whole ceremony in less than half an hour.

Hello Sinejane,

Thanks alot for this information really appreciates that you put it up too...I am going to do my ROM in Putrajaya too. I just worry abt the car park there but since Skye said alot of open car park and it is free :smile: then it is a good news to me. Hahaha sorry sound so cheapskate but the car park actually meant for my mum and MIL cos they cant walk too far and if put them at the office and we go parking they might get panic pula. :D Will share more soon.

Yeah, you're right, the actual registration of marriage was very fast, actually. You got yours done in English?? So good. My registrar was a Malay, so maybe that's why mine was in Malay.

mine was done in english and the whole process just takes less than 10 minutes in actual fact.

sinejane

mine's chinese :)

hot-choc

the ring exchange is a must as this is the official marriage recognise in the court of law.

Thanks skye!

My fiance was asking whether we needed to do that during ROM, because we're already exchanging rings in Church on our AD.

So i guess we'll be wearing the rings for a while during ROM, then taking it off. :tongue:

sinejane

hot-choc

the ring exchange is a must as this is the official marriage recognise in the court of law.

Hmm, dunno if it's because my registrar was different, but we didn't have to exchange rings during the ROM. She asked us, but we had a bit of delay while we looked at each other to see whether to take off our engagement rings or not, but she didn't seem to be too bothered whether we exchanged rings or not, so in the end, we didn't take it off & just proceeded immediately to signing :)

In fact, I only just got our wedding bands today, so we'll do a proper exchanging of the rings during the ceremony in 2 months' time.

Thanks skye!

My fiance was asking whether we needed to do that during ROM, because we're already exchanging rings in Church on our AD.

So i guess we'll be wearing the rings for a while during ROM, then taking it off. :tongue:

sinejane

hot-choc

hahaha thats odd mine was told i have to bring a ring to the registry and before the start the lady registrar already ask if we bring our ring and put it on the table. After all the "i do" she ask us to put the ring on for each another.

Hi Jane,

Me and my bf are both KL-ian but currently working in Kuching, Sarawak. We plan to have our ROM in Putrajaya as well. Understand that while submit the application form in JPN Putrajaya, both of us have to present right? Any idea if we can present and submit the form in JPN Kuching then we proceed ROM in Putrajaya? And is it possible on the day itself we take and application form and submit it on the same day?