Piggy_87

Overdue pregnancy & Induced

Hi,

Any mums that experienced induced labor due to overdue? If yes, mummies normally overdue for how many days? And is the induce labor works?? I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy but show no sign of labor.. pretty worry that i'll go overdue.. :unsure:

my bb has no sign of coming out on the EDD. went for usual check up on that day itself. doc said my placenta water very low, need to induce. arrange for delivery 2days later. i guess if ur bb is fine inside its ok to overdue up to 1week geh. must go constant check up with doc loh :happy:

no need to worry much & all the best to u ya!!

i read somewhere its ok baby inside till 42 weeks .... after that then its the doc's decision what to do next.

Thanks joeythc & skye. But my BB still havent engage yet even there is only 9 more days to go.. I wonder i still can go for natural birth? I'm kinda scare of induce as heard there might be risk to go for emergency c-sec.. Is this true?

my bb also never engaged ah. other than his head oredi turned downwards; he has no other signs to come out at all... :tongue:

i have a fren who went for natural but last minit had to do emergency c-sect coz bb head too high cannot come out... has nothing to do with inducing. all this really have to wait until the moment itself only got answers oh.

u should discuss ur concerns with doc. see wat he advised. but i dun see why cannot go for natural. of coz doc cant predict wat will happen to u also la, but at least he can give u some scenarios ya... try googling wat can help to induce labor naturally la. the last time i read - spicy food, sex, dunno wat oil, squatting, walking, etc etc etc

my bb also never engaged ah. other than his head oredi turned downwards; he has no other signs to come out at all... :tongue:

i have a fren who went for natural but last minit had to do emergency c-sect coz bb head too high cannot come out... has nothing to do with inducing. all this really have to wait until the moment itself only got answers oh.

u should discuss ur concerns with doc. see wat he advised. but i dun see why cannot go for natural. of coz doc cant predict wat will happen to u also la, but at least he can give u some scenarios ya... try googling wat can help to induce labor naturally la. the last time i read - spicy food, sex, dunno wat oil, squatting, walking, etc etc etc

You're going to deliver soon too? hehe congrats congrats!!

BB head too high? OMG that would be one of my biggest concern :ohmy: .. Way to induce naturally ar, at the moment i've tried walking & squatting & will be doing it everyday till the time come.. Sex nvr try yet as my HB kinda not realy dare to touch me.. haha.. Spicy food i just tried last sat, in the end my tummy do ache but is normal stomach ache, after i went to the toilet, the pain gone d.. I havent really ask my doc about all these, but from my last week check up, he just ask me to wait n we'll see how on next check up which is this fri..

Always keep an open mind to change of plans during labor. Not all induction leads to emergency c-sect, but of course there are cases like these.

I too was induced because there is no sign of labor at 40 weeks, and the doc said my placenta started calcifying.

He did give me the option to wait for natural or induce. There are risks either way. If I choose to wait, I just have to monitor baby's movement more thoroughly. But I trust my doc so I went for induction 2 days after 40 weeks.

Thank goodness I had a smooth delivery, no c-sect.

Discuss with your doc on your worries and concerns. Choose a time when he/she is not so busy, or else they no time to answer u. Make a decision that is comfortable for yourself. You can read up info on what to do when overdue.

Don't worry so much. ;)

I have visited 3 doctors in my early stage, 3 of them also gave me different date of EDD. One say end Jan, one say early Feb and one say end Feb. As I know doc is using a chart to determine the EDD, calculate from the first day of period come. Lucky I mark down my first day of period and day have intercourse. I told the same date to 3 of the doctors, only my confirm gynae listen to me and postponed the EDD date 2 weeks after using the chart. However, I still have no sign of labour, no pain, no bleeding. But both my legs suddenly swelling 2 days before my EDD. I asked around, ppl say is a symptom want to deliver. However, I still go for induce, cause doc say leg swelling and blood pressure was increase bit compared to normal check up BP.

Induce labour is suffering, my pelvic only open 5cm from 6am - 4pm. I cannot stand the pain, and surrender to take epidural. After epidural, ard 6pm, open 8cm. Then deliver natural at 10pm.

Congrats, suevian. Take good rest yea.

I agree not all induced birth will lead to c-sect. My mom had induced birth (due to overdue also) for 3 of us and all 3 of us were delivered naturally. I had induced birth for my 1st baby 2 days after my due date due to aging placenta, exactly like ophelia and my tummy was still very high that time. So articles about being overdue for another 2 weeks may not be feasible if there is medical reasons for induction, like aging placenta and reduced amniotic fluid (usually gynae will advise the fluid can 'tahan' for another how many days).

I managed to give birth naturally without epidural. Induced at 8.30am, gave birth at 6.15pm.

And just for sharing, my gynae shared a story to me when I checked up on my due date. I think he can sense I was reluctant to be induced and wanted to wait for another 2 weeks after the due date. He detected my placenta has aged and he told me that there was a couple (all the while checked up at Batu Gajah government hospital) who has reached the due date. I think there was no ultrasound scanning perhaps to check the condition on the placenta. The couple decided to go back to the government hospital for checkup after 7 days from the due date if labour has not started. Mana tau, 5 days after the due date the baby already died inside the womb, then the couple was referred to the private hospital where I went for my routine checkup. My gynae said it was due to aged placenta. So he said he doesn't want to take the risk on me. I felt very sorry for the couple. Susah susah carrying a healthy baby for 9 mths but just died like that. Then both my husband and I gave a thought about it. Yeah lor, since baby is already 'masak' at 40 weeks, why not just induced instead of prolonging the pregnancy longer and take the risk (due to aged placenta). Most important is both mummy and baby's safety, regardless the induction will lead to natural birth or c-sect. Trust me, it doesn't matter when ensuring both mummy and baby is safely delivered.

About different EDD dates, it may happened during the 1st few mths but usually gynae could confirm when the baby is bigger.

Totally agree with AngelT. Regardless of delivery method, most important is the safety of mommy and baby. It's not like u will have award for delivering natural or without epidural. Not many people will ask you about yr delivery, they will be talking about yr cute baby more! :)

for my no.1 i was induced, and i had natural delivery.. and for no.2 i had natural delivery with quite short labour...

having said that, if your medical condition needs c-sec, by all means go ahead... babies and mothers after c-sec also lead normal lives as natural ones :)

Well, actually i hope i can have a natural delivery.. it'll be quite dissapointing if i need to go for c-sec.. :lol:

I've been having quite freq of tummy tightness & my tummy will become hard like a ball but its painless.. This is not contraction right? :unsure:

Well, actually i hope i can have a natural delivery.. it'll be quite dissapointing if i need to go for c-sec.. :lol:

I've been having quite freq of tummy tightness & my tummy will become hard like a ball but its painless.. This is not contraction right? :unsure:

thats braxton hicks...

contraction will be more painful, like period cramps, or even worse

thats braxton hicks...

contraction will be more painful, like period cramps, or even worse

Hmmm, wonder when the real thg will start.. haha.. :lol:

7days to go.. cant wait to meet my lil one.. :happy:

Up to now, still no sign of labor & duno y i'm super sleepy everyday.. seems like i cant get enough of sleep no matter what..

talk to ur baby often la; ask him to come out soon, dats wat my frens told me to do... but did not work for me, hahahaa...

i only told him to come out safely and dun hurt mummy too much :tongue: all the best to u!!

my EDD is near CNY, so we always tell her do not come out so fast, must be after CNY, if not mummy need pay CL double price...so make her dun want come out...hahaha.

But we also tell her, when see doctor come, must immediately out, dun let mummy push so long. It works, once doctor in, just one push, she out oledi.

I've only tell my BB to come out now around 2-3times since last week. Maybe i'll talk to him everynight starting today.. hope he can understand what his mommy wants.. hehe :tongue:

been really tired of carrying n big belly to work everyday.. when do u girls start ur leave? i'm still working & thinking of working till my bb come out..

I've only tell my BB to come out now around 2-3times since last week. Maybe i'll talk to him everynight starting today.. hope he can understand what his mommy wants.. hehe :tongue:

been really tired of carrying n big belly to work everyday.. when do u girls start ur leave? i'm still working & thinking of working till my bb come out..

both my babies were born before EDD (no.1 3 weeks bef, and no.2 4 weeks before) and thankfully for both i was working from home 1 month before delivery, in fact for no.2 i worked almost 3 months from home before delivery..

both my babies were born before EDD (no.1 3 weeks bef, and no.2 4 weeks before) and thankfully for both i was working from home 1 month before delivery, in fact for no.2 i worked almost 3 months from home before delivery..

so ur maternity leave only start conuting once ur bb come out?

my company does not allow work from home i guess.. :sad:

now everyday i'm sitiing in the office surfing net n doing nthg as i've alr passed down my job to my backup.. makes me even more nervous n impatient.. :lol:

so ur maternity leave only start conuting once ur bb come out?

my company does not allow work from home i guess.. :sad:

now everyday i'm sitiing in the office surfing net n doing nthg as i've alr passed down my job to my backup.. makes me even more nervous n impatient.. :lol:

it depends on yr company, most companies start maternity leave 2 weeks before EDD... not many will allow to wait until the day

Q, ur company so good let u work from home geh, and for 3 months so long also...

i started taking leave 3days before my EDD only

Dear Angel,

I started to feel worry when you talk about aged placenta. I am at 36 wks and 5 day. I had visited my gynae at 36weeks 2 days. From the scan, there are some white spot on my placenta and being told the placenta starting mature. I didnt know what does it means but i guess no problem as the gyane didnt mentioned anything and ask me to come back next 2 weeks (around 38 weeks) for check up. Out of curiousity, i online to check on what is mature placenta and i got frighten to found out mature placenta meaning aging placenta which will happen normally after 40weeks. I called my gyne next day and ask him is my case serious but he said it is normal that placenta started calcified from 34 weeks onwards. It should be worry if the placenta started aged from 28 weeks onwards and so it not need to be worry about if it start to age from 34 weeks onwards. To ease my worry, i suggest to ahve weekly minitor but he said i can but no point.

So how? what shoudl i need to do? Do i need to seek 2nd opioin or just wait for another 2 weeks for the appointment?

Any advise?

I agree not all induced birth will lead to c-sect. My mom had induced birth (due to overdue also) for 3 of us and all 3 of us were delivered naturally. I had induced birth for my 1st baby 2 days after my due date due to aging placenta, exactly like ophelia and my tummy was still very high that time. So articles about being overdue for another 2 weeks may not be feasible if there is medical reasons for induction, like aging placenta and reduced amniotic fluid (usually gynae will advise the fluid can 'tahan' for another how many days).

I managed to give birth naturally without epidural. Induced at 8.30am, gave birth at 6.15pm.

And just for sharing, my gynae shared a story to me when I checked up on my due date. I think he can sense I was reluctant to be induced and wanted to wait for another 2 weeks after the due date. He detected my placenta has aged and he told me that there was a couple (all the while checked up at Batu Gajah government hospital) who has reached the due date. I think there was no ultrasound scanning perhaps to check the condition on the placenta. The couple decided to go back to the government hospital for checkup after 7 days from the due date if labour has not started. Mana tau, 5 days after the due date the baby already died inside the womb, then the couple was referred to the private hospital where I went for my routine checkup. My gynae said it was due to aged placenta. So he said he doesn't want to take the risk on me. I felt very sorry for the couple. Susah susah carrying a healthy baby for 9 mths but just died like that. Then both my husband and I gave a thought about it. Yeah lor, since baby is already 'masak' at 40 weeks, why not just induced instead of prolonging the pregnancy longer and take the risk (due to aged placenta). Most important is both mummy and baby's safety, regardless the induction will lead to natural birth or c-sect. Trust me, it doesn't matter when ensuring both mummy and baby is safely delivered.

About different EDD dates, it may happened during the 1st few mths but usually gynae could confirm when the baby is bigger.

Q, ur company so good let u work from home geh, and for 3 months so long also...

i started taking leave 3days before my EDD only

i had premature contractions, and some other health issues due to anemic.. so i had tonnes of MC, and boss had to allow me to work from home..

Dear Angel,

I started to feel worry when you talk about aged placenta. I am at 36 wks and 5 day. I had visited my gynae at 36weeks 2 days. From the scan, there are some white spot on my placenta and being told the placenta starting mature. I didnt know what does it means but i guess no problem as the gyane didnt mentioned anything and ask me to come back next 2 weeks (around 38 weeks) for check up. Out of curiousity, i online to check on what is mature placenta and i got frighten to found out mature placenta meaning aging placenta which will happen normally after 40weeks. I called my gyne next day and ask him is my case serious but he said it is normal that placenta started calcified from 34 weeks onwards. It should be worry if the placenta started aged from 28 weeks onwards and so it not need to be worry about if it start to age from 34 weeks onwards. To ease my worry, i suggest to ahve weekly minitor but he said i can but no point.

So how? what shoudl i need to do? Do i need to seek 2nd opioin or just wait for another 2 weeks for the appointment?

Any advise?

i suggest u to get a 2nd opinion... chances are it is nothing to worry abt, at least u will get it off yr chest too

ripleycyw,

Your gynae's appointment should be more frequent now that you have reached your final month of pregnancy. Should be on a weekly basis now unless you have other symptoms like bloody show, or back pain, or contractions which indicates that labor is not far off, then you should immediately go to the hospital. That was what my gynae advised during my 1st pregnancy.