Baby_Milo

Plan to Married in 2012 but........

Hi all,

Just want to share some of my feelings here. My bf brought me to a wedding fair in June and we had bought a new house and will be moving in soon thus we plan to get married next year in 2012. But... recently i found out that he has no intention to propose or even save money for our wedding. Instead of savings, he keeps thinking to buy this buy that (gadgets) for new house. I have been waiting for the proposal since June when he signed for the packages. ><" I know I sounded like very "rush" but I have communicated with him that I will not get married unless he did some special proposal. To my understanding, he is not a romantic person, I think at the end.... I will be the one to plan for the ROM, Wedding..etc. Sigh... :bye:

Sad...

Long time dint login to this forum. but i just couldnt tahan from leaving a msg here. lol

haha, cos ur bf sound like my hb also.

my opinion.. err since u have already told him ur wish, i think he sure will do it..just dunno when. :P

maybe now he more excited on d new house ..& tot of getting marry in 2 yr time, since u already signed the Pre-wedding PS package mah.

dont be sad la.

about d one planning for ROM & etc. better mah.. at least u got the ultimate power to choose what u want. just engage his help here & there when u needed him only.

honestly..my hb is also very unromantic...i cant do much about it..just have to accept. lol

my case.. we been dating for 7-8yrs.. target marry after my 30th birthday..so 1 yr b4 my birthday..we did discuss about d wedding stuff.

since we just moved to our new house..so tat part we could leave it aside ..1 less burden stuff to do.

but then i told my hb..no proposal, no nothing which including d prewedding package. i wont signed any package or do anything b4 tat. & i strictly told him i want to ROM-ed on our annivesarry date (may). Conclusion, hb got a time frame.

since i literally forcing him to propose to me (ya ..me tak malu..haha) , so i dont really care what effort he put..so long he done it.

i mean lotsa girls have a very wonderful proposal they cherish alot..but then tat..u still got a long way to go.. wedding preparation, etc.. later married ..bb ler. so dont give ur hb a too hard time. or be sad on this part.

cherish whatever journey u have with him.

for d $ part. sit down & budget how much $ u need for ur dream wedding. then just simply ask him to come out with this $ lor. or how to save it :P

Wish u all d best on ur wedding preparation!!

Wow. Indeed we are having same issue. I have been with him for 7 years. Next year will be the 8th year. Sigh.. reason why i am rushing is because of my family. I am not allowed to stay with him without ROM. That's the reason. I have been telling him this since we arranged for the S&P for our new house. Somemore I dont think his family knows we are getting married soon as well. ><" I would like to give him some times but it seems like running out of times. ><" (I am rushing too "hen ka" lolz)

But seriously i do not know how to discuss this with him. I know it will make him feel stress because $$ is the main issue. In fact I am saving very hard now so that can help out as well in the future. I just hope he will stop buying gadgets and save the money for the ring at least. lolz.

hmm i still think u should talk to ur hb. ur wedding budget & plan to get the $ .

eventhough i said u shouldnt pressure ur hb..but wedding stuff should be done together. he has to make an effort also.

i'm sure once u enlighten him the "$$ figure" for wedding, he will get an idea of how much he need to save & find, ie less spending on unneccesary stuff ; d gadget

nola..i dont think u too rush for d wedding..it's norm todo once u got a new house together.

for me, hb supply d $, i pula do all the planning..but i also enlisted help from hb, since everything i planned, its need to be w/i budget & ngam hb's taste (at least not too over la)...hehe mostly he was my driver (luckily also he quite free tat time, so he teman me went here & there to survey the accessories..so we did share our opinion & discuss the details at tat time).

since we skip wedding dinner, so not much stuff todo also..except finding a nice caterer for hb's bachelor party & AD. it was me who control hb on d amount $ spent on catering..cos i need to squeeze $ for our honeymoon also. :P

So similar as my husband :dry:

I remember when he said he wanted to get married, I told him I want a proposal as well. He has even chosen the date to married in Nov 2009, but he did not has his proposal until end of September. Which make me pretty nervous. On and off I'd still remind him, I WANT A PROPOSAL!! IF NOT YOU GO MARRIED YOURSELF!! Okay la, I was really angry and I kind of forcing but I just want a memory that I can still keep and share when I am older.

By understanding he has a senseless thoughts, I know I have to do something. Examples, showing him all the marriage proposal videos from Youtube and telling him can do this and that. Of course, he always ask, all those look like $$$$$ matter. Then you have to explain, it doesn't need to involve big $$$ all the time, you can minimize it... and I even had to ask my friends, go talk to him, I'm sick with explaining to him.

In the end, I had my proposal at home. As I was in Melbourne for study and work, I had less than 10 people in my condo, besties to deco the living room, and ordered pizzas with flowers... Its very simple, but I'm happy, at least, he did something. Cannot expect too much from this kind of no romantic sense at all "bf" lol... Maybe you can try to show him some of the videos from youtube as well? Or telling him how your friends' bf proposed?

Oh ya, not to forget.. We were living with his ex gf in the condo, and he was so dumb to get the flower a day earlier and left in his ex gf's room... by the next day I received, it's all dead :sleep: Now you know how stupid he can be... lol...

lol...are we all twins with different parents? hahaha

well, in my case, I am also with my wife for 7 years coming 8 years next feb. we've already agreed to get married (AD) on september (3 days to go :p) and ROM in july (jz before ghost month). She also said that she want a proposal. I'm ok with doing proposal but I do have financial restraint and can't do like what most proposal video found in youtube/facebook (yeah, she showed me too).

in the end, we went to the shop together, she picked the one she like about 2 weeks before our ROM. Guess when is my proposal. Just a day before the ROM. Just a simple one that I was in the room kneeling while waiting for her to open the door(jz back from work). No other people there. She said yes! (well, i don't really give her any choice, do i? :p) And I can still use the flower that I propose her with, on our ROM. Talking about cost saving huh.

So Baby_Milo, don't worry. I think the reason you don't see him doing the proposal thing is maybe he wanted to surprise you in the end and use the gadget thing as a diversion. If he really loves you and wanted to marry you, I'm sure he has something up his sleeves... just wait for it la :)

That sound really like 'no choice of proposal'. Like you are making her to say yes without any delays as you said, just right before both of your ROM. But hey, still, Congratulations to you Robbie! Enjoy the newly wed life =)

Although I think you are even terrible than my hub right now (LOL) But well, its still great that you did. I think most girls just want the part where the partner would do something for them instead of spending big money just for one night (unless you are affordable, that'd be different stories) But if you are just alright, as long as she felt sweet at that moment... why not? ;) As long as you will spend your life time to give her

Again, happy newly wed life =)

My hubby did not propose to me and so I got him to propose on the AD itself.

That was the last chance to get a proposal so I told my jimui to include the proposal as one of the requirement in order to come into my room.

He proposed (no choice :lol:) and my videographer recorded it in the video and it was shown as a morning highlight during the wedding dinner.

If you thought your hubbies are unromantic, mine is worse. I never got a proposal. Instead, we just talk about our future since we have been dating for three years and going to be in a long distance relationship. We didn't want to break up so he was like "Lets get married loh". Talk about unromantic. :p We've been married for nearly four years now and have two kids already...romance is far from our minds la. After all, romantic can be subjective and depends on the individual. As long as my HB is supportive, a good man and father, I don't mind. I like to think that I'm romantic enough for the both of us. :)

same case here. My bf and I of seven years bought a house but he has not spoken about gettin married. No proposal, no talks about the future, nuthin, zilch...am I supposed to panic now? I do think it would be nice to at least 'propose' and don't have to spend a fortune.. chivalry is so dead nowadays

omg.. now then i know there are lots of unromantic persons out there. lolz. Ya, i did hint him a few times. He keeps saying that he has his own plan lolz. Maybe he will just be like you robbie, propose 1 day before ROM. lolz~ ><" have to say YES or else will be unhappy. hmm~

But the happy thing is.. we got out house dy. now busy packing, cleaning, unpacking, buying new stuff. :) well, see how it goes... lolz~ will update all of you.

Elaine29, maybe he is planning... who knows. :)

Meiteoh, that's what my bf thinks. but he mentioned before, he knows I am going to talk about "no proposal" things for the rest of my life if he didnt plan to do 1. lolz~

planning? don't think he is planning anything.Mine lagi sad case, we bought a house together, and boy was I stupid to think that he will settle down soon coz soon after, he asked for a time off from relationship. He had an affair, much to my dismay and my heart was broken beyond words. But he came to his senses and decided he wants to carry on this relationship and yeah, we are working things out. And recently I asked him if he ever wants to settle down, he said yes and wants to give a suprise, that's y didn't tell me timeframe. He is doing things all the other way round, I can't even tell my parents that we bought a house coz he never made a proposal =( sometimes I dunno whether are guys unromantic or just scared ofthe thought of settling down with one person....

It is necessary to have a proposal?

err my HB is not a romantic guy but I hint him for like 2 times and ya I got the so call proposal .. hahahaha anyway, I think proposal is just a process and is a dream by many girls. They dream to have a very romantic proposal from their love one and SAY YES to him =P guess it is too much influence by the movies/reality show ah? =P

I can see that he is very excited about the house, which is good and starting getting things ready for the house but don't over buy if you people also plan for the wedding.

Sit down with him and talk about it, moving into a house + wedding = BIG $$$$$

I have done it and I know how much need to fork out from the pocket.

Talk about unromantic hubby.. I have one 'kayu' hb too.. We have been dating about 8 years+ and by Nov will having AD.. Till now he also didnt propose even i told him i want proposal.. sigh.. So my jimuis already plan that must make him propose on AD.. hahhaa

Actually after think now even have or dont have proposal not important d cos AD is near.. and the most important is he will be good hubby and good papa in future.. hehe

talk about "kayu" hubby.. lolz. finally yesterday, he proposed. How? he bought the ring, and when we reached home, he said he left something in the car so he went down. When he came up, he just walked in as usual (usually i will ask, what is the thing that you left in the car? but i didnt) then suddenly he walked to me, kneel down beside sofa and said got something let me see.. then i saw ring @.@. He asked, "will you marry me?", my respond is "this is your proposal?" lolz... but really surprise and touched.. so i just say "yes". as simple as this. lolz.

Maybe i will discuss with my ji mui also.. on AD i will make him do 2nd proposal. lolzzz.. :X

aiyo..when no proposal, not happy...

got proposal, not satisfied pula... hahahaha..

btw, COngrats!!!

p/s - I've put my wedding PS slideshow link at my signature :)

i agree with Robbie LOL !

end of the day ... he did it which is a huge step hehehe.

Congrats :D

haha.. no worries. I am ok with it of coz. hey robbie, nice ps slideshow. happy for you!! :D

thanks both.. he did put some efforts... lolz. i can feel that.

HI Baby Milo...read your story here so funny...and Congratulation! Well, my FH also never seriously proposed to me.We been together for 3 years and then he propose me while we want to go to bed and he propose on the bed itself...Alamak...I asked him where you got this lousy idea?He told me from Time Traveller's wife...I nearly want to faint ar..we both dun even watch tat movie but he said I copy that idea and think it is really romantic...So I guess I will inform my Chi Mui to made him propose me during the game cos he never really seriously propose to me.No ring, no flower nothing basically...I say no first attempt, then No second attempt and he said dun la play me...I say Yes when he told his mum I want to marry her in front of me...I was like stunned.I cant say NO...kena tricked pula.

Now he started to plan the wedding with me. Our date is next year Oct but most of the main things are almost all booked...Bridal shop,photography,MUA and restaurant.So by next year should be not so stress...I just stress on my weight now... :dash2:

HI Baby Milo...read your story here so funny...and Congratulation! Well, my FH also never seriously proposed to me.We been together for 3 years and then he propose me while we want to go to bed and he propose on the bed itself...Alamak...I asked him where you got this lousy idea?He told me from Time Traveller's wife...I nearly want to faint ar..we both dun even watch tat movie but he said I copy that idea and think it is really romantic...So I guess I will inform my Chi Mui to made him propose me during the game cos he never really seriously propose to me.No ring, no flower nothing basically...I say no first attempt, then No second attempt and he said dun la play me...I say Yes when he told his mum I want to marry her in front of me...I was like stunned.I cant say NO...kena tricked pula.

Now he started to plan the wedding with me. Our date is next year Oct but most of the main things are almost all booked...Bridal shop,photography,MUA and restaurant.So by next year should be not so stress...I just stress on my weight now... :dash2:

Hi Chubby angel..

that's fast of you to arrange everything this year. Congrats. :) how did you pick your date in OCT? Actually i am stressing on my weight now as well. I gained lots of weight since last year. ><" I am going to make him propose to me 2nd time on the AD. haha~ i didnt tell him because i think his respoind will be the same with your hubby.."pls dont play me" haha!! Bridal and photography all booked as well for me but not the restaurants because both of us not in our own hometown. Sigh. Have to ask my parents to do so. :P Congrats again~~ :D

I have girlfriends who complained to me about the same hehe. But honestly there isn't any issues lah.

But sometimes, I can't help but just wonder, why would you gals agree to sign-up for wedding package and even bought wedding rings together without the guy proposing first?? If the proposal is that important ~