Sign in to follow this  
leongal

Your parents and parents-in-law

Would like to ask, do you and your husband pay separate visits to your parents and parents-in-law?

for example, you only visit your parents, while he only visits his parents......then occassionally, both visit the parents and parents-in-law the same time?

My hubby see my parents every day :) I see his like once a month :lol: If together then it's mostly during birthdays/weddings etc.

I go back to my parent's whenever I like.

He goes back to his parent's whenever he likes it too...

Every Sunday both of us go back to his parent's for dinner.

Sometimes, if there is any celebrations like birthday in my parent's, then I won't go back to his parent's on Sunday and everyone is fine with it. He still go back and I don't blame him coz he only get to see his parents once a week. I want him to see his parents.. no matter what, they are his parents, I do not want to interfere.

Luckily for me, both our family are cincai type. If not coming back for dinner, just make a call to let them know before they prepare dinner..

i have dinner at my parents house everyday. and i pack dinner from my moms house for my hubby every night. my hubby will go once in a wk. he said he prefer to spend time in our house than dragging later in my parents house.

well, i rather let him stick to our house than being forced to my parents house. cos i think things become worse if he doesnt spend time at home.

luckily my PIL is not living in the same penisular with us. i see them 2-3 times per yr.

last time his mom was jealous to know tat my hubby is close to my family since he comes to my house every wkn for home cook dinner.

my MIL is a traditional person. she wanted her DIL to be with them on every occasion TO SHOW RESPECTS to them. cos in her mind, DIL is MARRIED to the son she should SERVE the PIL

Right after married: I will visit my parents like few times in a week.

And after my girl was born and under my parents' care, I visited them 5 days a week due to send and fetch my daughter up, and sometime if I'm late, her daddy will fetch her up.

Beside those days, once a while we will still visit them during the weekend or they will come over to our house for lunch. As for my parents-in-law, they already passed away few years ago, so there is no issue to me.

But I seldom go to their grave yard and HB was okie too, I do feel guilty but my little girl still small and my parents quite pantang about it, scare might bring back any 'dirty stuff' from there, but I'm all okie just that HB says is alright that I don't go to their grave yard, he can tell 'them' =P

I do back to my parents & parents-in-law house on weekend base. Definitely we look on the chances to visit them regularly, if possible will make more often during weekday. Of course need to justify on the job load after work for both my hubby & myself.

what about if you stay abroad and only come back to malaysia once a year for 2 weeks.. how would one spend time with both parents and PIL.

wouldnt it be weird if you visit them separately try alternate weekend but visit together
yes, i also think that it is weird if we visit separately, as pil may also want to see their dil/sil.....n build relationship