Sign in to follow this  
bride22

Bridal House Kepong-Modern Classic

I signed the bridal package with Modern Classic Bridal House at Kepong Baru with my husband and sister-in law. We were impressed after looking at the sample album and asked the lady boss (Jessie) and her assistant (Berry) whether we would be getting the same photographer if we were to sign up for their package knowing that there are some bridal shops who have many photographers. We chose a few pictures in the album and told them that we would like to have our wedding pictures to be like that. They both assured us that we would be getting the same photographer and pictures like what we had selected from the sample album. After discussing on the package, we paid for the deposit.

As arranged, we went back to the shop on the arranged date to try to gowns for the photo shooting. They assigned another girl (Dephene) to me to assist. After choosing the gowns, they took my measurement, as most of the gowns that I chose were too big for me. I am not sure why is it so as I am medium built and not particularly fat/thin. They told me that they would need to do alteration so that the gowns would fit me and asked me to give them a few days.

I went back for the photo shooting on the arranged date and Dephene assisted me to put on my gown which was still too big. I was puzzled and started questioning her on the gown’s alteration, which they promised. Dephene brushed off the matter and asked me to hold on to the loose gown so that she could sew the gown at my back. I was puzzled and asked her how the photographer could take the picture of my back (as the gown has details at the back) and the sewing was not smooth. She answered me nonchalantly that they could do a Photoshop editing and there’s no need for me to be concerned. I could not do anything as I was already there and I could not make any changes. Surprisingly, they did not get ready my husband’s costume as promised. He has to find his own coats from the rack and matched them himself. I commented a few times but the bridal shop did not do anything about it.

As expected, the pictures did not turn out nice and the phottoshop editing was not smooth. We did not get what they promised. We were very sad as we were so looking forward for the pictures since we spent so much time going back and forth to the bridal house. I told the lady boss but she did not take my comment seriously. I was disappointed and sad but there’s nothing I could do since I had already made full payment. After looking at those pictures and some other pictures they took for other couple, I am 80% sure that they used a different photographer in those pictures hanging in their shops. Those taken for me and other couples were horrendous and you could see pixelated pictures due to bad photo editing. They depend a lot of photo editing, yet their editing skills were amateur. I wondered, why did we bother to run around taking pictures indoor and outdoor since they preferred to edit pictures and not in taking great pictures. Why don't they just edit our heads out and stick them on those bridal magazines?

Worst of all, they lied to me that they have done the alternation for the gown for my actual day. I went to the bridal shop 5 days before my actual day and it is impossible that I have lost so much weight within that 5 days. The gown was not ironed nicely and it was very loose for me. The ‘ken ken’ was too short , and I kept stepping on the gown when I walked. In one of the accessories that they gave us, the earing was mismatched! The left and the right side were different. It really spoilt my big day and I was almost in tears that day. I couldn’t believe that a bridal house could be so bad. This shop is so irresponsible and didn't know what business they are in.

We went back to the bridal shop after the ceremony and made a complained. Initially the lady boss admitted their mistakes said that she would investigate and give us a good explanation on why such a thing could happen. However, when we went back for a final discussion, her husband was there and he gave a very nasty look and behavior (as if we were there to beg them for money). They denied all the mistake that they made and were not sincere in apologizing. I was very furious and I could not believe that they did this to their customer. The business that they are in is for someone’s big day-once in a lifetime experience!

I really hope that there’s no one who would experience the same thing as I did, and I hope that by writing this I will help a lot of couples to make wise decision before committing to a bridal house as such. One thing for sure, do your homework before going to the bridal house. They will certainly treat you like king and queen before you make any decision/payment. After that, you will be treated like another burden to them. You will be made to feel bad for complaining and you will feel hopeless because you already got yourself in a shit hole and getting another bridal house after that will cost you more money and time!

Just to share ... Actually a lot bridal shop sample is bought from oversea to attract amature customer , is better to have done own homework before sign any package , homework suggestion ... Any recent friend geTting married and shoot at the bridal house is nice , then u can get advice from her , really to hear bad experience from you , as I'm a professional wedding photographer , I know some shops did very bad business practice to get customer , just share out so others might prevent it .

The bridal shop that i went to did not do alteration on the gowns for photo shooting too. They use big pin to pin at the back and will photoshop it later. I thought that is normal?

Alteration is only done on the actual day gowns.

The bridal shop that i went to did not do alteration on the gowns for photo shooting too. They use big pin to pin at the back and will photoshop it later. I thought that is normal?

Alteration is only done on the actual day gowns.

The problem is that they specifically told me that they will do alteration for the gowns as its way too big for me.

My colleagues went to other BSs and they actually did the fitting for her.

Well...it is over now but i hope that i can help some new couples there to make a wise decision and not to fall into such shit hole as i did.