Sign in to follow this  
twinkles

Last Minute Resignation of Confinement Lady

Hi All,

I had a shock yesterday when my CL called and said she can't do my confinement anymore. It's just estimated 3-4 weeks to my due date!! She casually mentioned she tried to ask her friends to take over if possible, but we have to do all the negotiations again ...and then see how lar to handle the deposits.

Since it was quite late a night, I just tried to call another 1-2 CL but both replied that the notice is too short...and there's no way I can get CL booked now.

Anyone experienced this before and can share what are the alternatives? The obvious choices -- is of course mom or MIL but both can't do it. I will try confinement homes as last resort I guess...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe u can consider catering confinement food & get a temp maid coming in daily (9-5 or few hours) to clean the house and does all the washing? If you are planing to BF your baby, baby will room in with you anyway. Heard lotsa sad stories on confinement home.

oh no; wat a headache at such last minit...

i got few contacts from frens/ forum (but i did not save their names). u try call n see how... hopefully u can find 1 who is in between jobs, available for 2 weeks also u might wanna grab. after dat, then u can try part time maid + catering...

012-2268429; 013-9977374; 019-3300168

good luck!!!

Hi Twinkles,

It happenned to me as well and the CL told me she can't come 2 weeks before I am supposed to deliver. She refer me to another CL which she claim is a relative of her husband and is a very good CL. After spoken to the other CL, my impression is that the CL does not have much experience so in the end I didn't take her. What I did was go to the Internet and search for CL contact details and call them. I think I call about 30-40 of them and luckily managed to find one which turn out to be quite good. When you call the CL and they can't do it for you, you may ask them to recommend other CL. Usually the recommender will get some commission. All the best :)

bunnyNwife, joeythc, mein

:wub:thanks so much for your suggestions! I am indeed doing lots of "cold-calling" at the moment....

at this point in time, it's like beggar can't be chooser...I will be super lucky if indeed can get any CL....

trying to stay positive and not stressed out (wasn't able to sleep whole of last night after getting the news)....

Thanks again!!!

Other than searching through the internet, maybe you can ask your neighbour / if your husband or relative goes to the wet market, you can even ask the aunties there. They might be able to help out. Sometimes you might meet kind hearted aunty who stay around your neighbourhood and is not working, who is willing to help you out. Of course, she might not stay with you 24 hours but at least can lighten your burden in the day and your husband can help out during the night time.

I don't have full time confinement lady with me last time. I hired one day time confinement lady. We did everything ourselves during the night time. It's a blessing in disguise too because she is one lousy confinement lady.

Twinkles,

Poor soul-I can imagine your worry now. Perhaps you can try this website? It was recommended by another forumer earlier.

http://zenmom.my

Actually, I also have a list of CL's from Penang/Kedah (recommended by friends-I personally wanted to engage one myself, unfortunately my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage). If you are interested, I will try to dig up the list & post them here or you can drop me a mail.

twinkles, you mentioned that your mom or your mil are both not able to help... is it because they have no time and busy with own houseworks? for my case, i did not hire any CL. instead i hired a part time helper. i stayed in my mom's house throughout my confinement period. my mom does the cooking for me, the part time helper that i hired do housework like floor mopping, cleaning the kitchen after my mom cook, wash my cloths and my baby cloths. i think it is sufficient to do that way. as i am breastfeeding, i don't even need anyone to help me to take care of my baby as baby is always sticking to me. the helper is a nice lady.. she even help to wash my breastpumps and bath my baby. she came in at 7am everyday and leave at 1pm.

perhaps you can consider hiring a part time helper as well? if you can't get anyone maybe you can ask your relatives to help.

Twinkles,

Poor soul-I can imagine your worry now. Perhaps you can try this website? It was recommended by another forumer earlier.

http://zenmom.my

Actually, I also have a list of CL's from Penang/Kedah (recommended by friends-I personally wanted to engage one myself, unfortunately my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage). If you are interested, I will try to dig up the list & post them here or you can drop me a mail.

Hi Nicole's mum

Thanks for your empathy! Sorry to hear about the miscarriage (From the posts here, you know I went thru the same thing and I have a lot of challenges getting pregnant). I am sure you will have good news when the time is right.

Back to CL issue: I did checked out zenmom.my and spoke to the Agent. She will only be able to get back to me by tomorrow or later to see whether there's any CL available. Meanwhile, I am like a "Crazy" woman surfing, calling and doing whatever I can to get a confinement lady. So your list will be very very much appreciated.

Can I please have your email? I will email you then.

Thanks.

Twinkles,

I will post them here in a short while. They are all from Penang/Kedah, though (but willing to travel) coz I was actively searching for a CL from the North.

BTW, where r u from?

Twinkles,

I will post them here in a short while. They are all from Penang/Kedah, though (but willing to travel) coz I was actively searching for a CL from the North.

BTW, where r u from?

I am staying in Puchong.. :) Thanks .... the moment you post them I will call them... ;)

Twinkles,

Here is the list (all reccommended by friends, but not sure how good they are). Pls. call them to check.

蓝姐- 016-4550142

Gurun Kee 019-5634899

顺英 - 012-5956407

Kam - 012-5878660

玉- 012-5371793

Gurun(forget the name) - 012-4103233

Bee Choo - 04-6439568

There is also a freelance agent for confinement ladies. His name is Mr. Lim from Klang (016-2818480). 2 years ago, when I delivered my girl, I hired a confinement lady through him (her services were so-so only. Not a problem for me at that time coz I had a good maid to help me).

Hope you have some luck with the above list.

Twinkles,

Have you had any luck, so far? Just wondering if the above list was of any help. Alternative plan is to get a part-time helper come in daily & cater confinement food as suggested by some forumers earlier

Twinkles,

Have you had any luck, so far? Just wondering if the above list was of any help. Alternative plan is to get a part-time helper come in daily & cater confinement food as suggested by some forumers earlier

Hi Nicole's Mum

Am still trying ...... I am now so wary and scare of being cheated/con again.... :(

Will share good news as soon as I have a CL "confirmed" though you never know.. until the CL really turn out and complete at least the 28 days of service...

So I have taken in the rest of the suggestions as back up plan too...

Nicole's mum,

Thanks for the list. I'm going to try my luck with ur list too. I'm in desperate need of CL too. I'm staying in Pg. Actually I didn't engage CL cos my MIL said she would be my CL. But she's going for an overseas trip for 3weeks and I have a feeling that my bb's not going to wait till she gets back (I had pre-term labor last week, now on medication to control it).

Twinkles,

Have you had any luck calling? Wish u all the best. I think most probably deliver end of Nov although my given EDD was early Dec.

Nicole's mum,

Thanks for the list. I'm going to try my luck with ur list too. I'm in desperate need of CL too. I'm staying in Pg. Actually I didn't engage CL cos my MIL said she would be my CL. But she's going for an overseas trip for 3weeks and I have a feeling that my bb's not going to wait till she gets back (I had pre-term labor last week, now on medication to control it).

Twinkles,

Have you had any luck calling? Wish u all the best. I think most probably deliver end of Nov although my given EDD was early Dec.

Hi Purple Lotus,

I stopped calling all the CL direct already. Instead I called Agents/Agency and let them find a CL for me. It's pricey in general but what to do ....

Hope you have better luck than me. Take care.

I'm currently using a good and traditional cl, but she might not be throughly spotless clean but she does a good job by being sensitive to baby needs, cooks and help out with minimal housework too. Her name is Kuan and her hp is 0192492993. She will only be available in November 2011 onwards when she is done with me. Check out my earlier post to see the things she helps me with, currently I'm very happy with her. But do take note that she is traditional as in herbs, pantangs,etc but she is not pushy. She speaks mandarin and cantonese,

Best is interview her through the phone call and tell her your expectations so least she will know if she can fit into your home and help you all the way.

Hope this help!

Twinkles,

I've had no luck so far.

Potatoes,

Thanks so much. I will try to call her. It's so hard to find a CL last minute, I can't afford to be choosy.