Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

Please help...White spots or dots in New Born's Mouth/Gum & Red spots near the eyes

Hi Mommies,

One of my relatives noticed some whit spots/dots on my baby's gums. My baby is about 3weeks old only and she said that these are heaty-items and causes discomfort for the Baby. She suggested a traditional method of using a clean needle and poking it out. Look, I'm very worried about these things and I have my reservations that it might injure his gums and etc.

Has anyone had this before and if there are alternatives?

Also, noticed some red dots near baby's eyes - seems like it's oil or mini acne sort...is this normal?

Thanks,

potatoes

oh no; pls dun use needle to poke bb's gum. i'm not sure wat are they; perhaps u can check wih paed?

about red dots, my bb had them too at cheeks area. looked like pimples ya. old ppl say dirty from milk/saliva/hanky wor. dun worry they will go off in ~ a week time.

Hi Mommies,

One of my relatives noticed some whit spots/dots on my baby's gums. My baby is about 3weeks old only and she said that these are heaty-items and causes discomfort for the Baby. She suggested a traditional method of using a clean needle and poking it out. Look, I'm very worried about these things and I have my reservations that it might injure his gums and etc.

Has anyone had this before and if there are alternatives?

Also, noticed some red dots near baby's eyes - seems like it's oil or mini acne sort...is this normal?

Thanks,

potatoes

Potatoes,

Both my children had white spots on their gums when they were babies too...The older generation would tell me to poke them to get rid of it, but I chose not to do anything. Anyway, they are fine...

As for red spots, they could be "milk spots". When my baby had it, my confinement lady used a clean hanky dipped in chinese tea (must be freshly brewed from tea leaves) to wipe. Surprisingly, the red spots went away after 2 days. Don't know why-could be just a co-incidence.

Thanks joeythc n nicolesmum,

Glad to know some experience advises from u two.m not gonna poke em out, hope they will subside soon. Yea, we're using Chinese tea concept to help with the eyes, fingers crossed! Hope it goes off soon! Thanks so much! :)

DONT POKE IT!!! potatoe, the white thingy in baby mouth (lips, gums, tongue) i suspect is oral thrush, fungus infection. my baby had it too when he was 3mo and paed gave us an oral gel to apply, after 2days its all gone, but have to continue for a week. (i forgot what is the gel name, but it is control item, not sell at pharmacy) about the red spots, could be heat rashes or milk rashes. some mamas will use breast milk to apply. and another thing, white dot on baby face or body, like our white head, please DONT POKE ya... its baby fat, it will eventually fall off by itself. (my mama used to ask me to poke it, but i refused and seek paed advise)

hi all,

just wanna let you know that we've brought our bb to see the paed this morning. The doc said that it isn't major white spots but can't remember the name he calls it. He said usually these spots are developed during pregnancy and would go away by itself. And my baby's discomfort is because of wind in his stomach, so he prescribed some meds. But overall, baby's health is good.

thank you all for ur advises!

thank you thank you thank you :)

potatoes