Even my own mum is also like that! In chinese eyes..............

One day (or most of the time) after shower I just warp myself with towel then go inside the room to change. After changing I came out, my mum said 'why can't you change inside the toliet, must change infront of him'. After she finished I really let go at her big time!!!

My mum looks very modern & fashionable but GOD her mentality is damn old fashion! I told her off what more do you want, we are already married you know!!! she can somemore answer me back not yet gone through customary what!!!............ ARGHH.............

One more incident, she came back from salon after washing her hair. She told me the young girl is no longer working at the salon coz she got pregnant, and told my 'you better be careful'. (in the warning kind of tone) I told her, why? If i get pregnant now i 'throw' you face iszit! If that really happens, i dun give a damn what others says, I'm legally married!!! Can ask them to kiss my ass & call me mummy!!!!

So from then on, my mum dont dare to say anything liao! :wub:

wow..u very garang ler...gegegege..i like!

but sometimes very hard to change the older generation mentality lor..so try to stay calm ya...

Boh pian, sometimes got to give them a piece of our mind to make them understand..............

Honestly I really hate this mentality or should I say chinese custom of ours. Come to think of it, who really cares about the AD. When you register your kids for Birth Cert or school in the future, they only look at your Marrige Cert. They won't ask you if you had been through customary or not what!

I got a friend that has not been through customary but had ROM, then went for a divorce. The lawyers actually questioned if they had been through customary. Coz if hasnt 'pai si chui' (Wedding Dinner) they can 'anon' the marriage immediately, no need to go through 3 years of separation. Its funny how the importance of Wedding Dinner works for Chinese.

give me 5 babalkiciouz!!! you and I think the same, I am also very sick and tired of those invalid backwards chinese custom and thinking ... and I totally agreed with you about giving them a piece of our mind!! Great minds think alike yeah ... ;)

I was thinking exactly the same as you about the baby will have an official father name on the birth cert if the parents had ROM ... even if a couple had gone through customary but haven't ROM, the kid will still be considered born out of wedlock in the eyes of laws!! I really disrepect those ppl who laugh at a couple who got pregnant after ROM but prior to AD. I mean, for God's sake they are LEGITIMATE married couple, HELLOOOOOO :angry:

but regarding the divorce couple incident you mentioned, I am quite shock and suprised about it too ... never heard of such regulations before ...

*five five five* :angry:

yah loh hate people that dont even know to respect others and view things in a wider point rather then being so narrow minded, but yet still think they are very smart! These people will not deserve any respect from me in return!.!............ mother also dun give face, wrong means wrong! I'm a 'pang li bu pang qin' (go with reasons instead of kin) kind of person.

Yah abt the anon thingy its true & I heard a few other people talking abt the same thing too. My that frd's ex-wife anon with him (been together for 12yrs but ROM for only 2yrs) she asked for S$500k but my frd nego for S$250k and paid her 1 shot!!!! My that frd is a rich kid lah, so that gal 'tan tio' man!

hey babaliciouz ... I can't believe it, you sounded so so like me leh :o I'm also the kind that 'pang li bu pang qin' one, mother also don't give face if she is in the wrong ... hahaha :angry: I'm that kind if I have the valid reasons and 'li yu' I will fight for my rights until my last breath!! don't mess with me ... kekeke :P

baba, are you in SG now or MY? coz you mentioned your friend paid the wife in S$ so i thought maybe you are in SG ... just guessing...

Yah me Singaporean, my Hubby is from Sarawak!

Yes we both really great mind think alike! :angry:

My hubby knows me very well, so he had quit arguing with me. Coz he knows I always stand my grounds & fight for my rights! haha..........

I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was young, coz I'm very clever to fire back at people! dun mess with me too................. B)

Yah me Singaporean, my Hubby is from Sarawak!

Yeah! I knew you were Singaporean!! :D Somehow hor, just have this feeling that you were not a Malaysian girl from the way you express yourself and your mentality... you're a very outspoken person (including sex :P which I find most Malaysian girls still find it a taboo to discuss) ... But I like your style coz i'm just like you, outspoken and straight forward and can talk about anything under the sun! cheers! :D

I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was young, coz I'm very clever to fire back at people! dun mess with me too................. B)

So, have you succeeded in chasing your dream? heehee :P

I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was young, coz I'm very clever to fire back at people! dun mess with me too.................  B)

Aiyah sadly no hap leh, my england so tegible........... even helicoptor can ponoun as hegicotor liao............. how to become lawya???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was young, coz I'm very clever to fire back at people! dun mess with me too.................  B)

Aiyah sadly no hap leh, my england so tegible........... even helicoptor can ponoun as hegicotor liao............. how to become lawya???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

hahaha :lol: no lah, I think you had chose to pursue other dreams instead ... I really think that your command of english is quite good ;)

which is why i've always been an advocate of having ROM on the same day of banquet.....:)

so unfortunate for me, although that was my plan, had to ditch it cos the elders don't agree that I don't chut mun.....so have to do ROM on another day cos no time for chut mun - ROM - dinner banquet on the same day. have to sacrifice ROM. sniff sob!