cherrystar

Tuk Tuk Thai Catering

Dear babes,

I'm urgently looking for a caterer to cater for about 100-150pax for my wedding reception, simple buffet. :smile:

Anyone tried Tuk-Tuk catering recently? I tried to search the forum but most feedback were dated 2010 and before. Anybody had recent experiences with them? Any feedback on their food quality and service?

Alternatively, anybody has any good caterers to recommend please?

Thank you very much! :biggrin:

one of my vendor was via tuk tuk for my post ROM party and hubs site lunch during the AD.

good service but maybe you want to tell them that you dont want the tent service by nantha ? that fella not very responsible (the tent service is outsource to other 3rd party)

food wise if you guys like thai/spicy they are a good choice albiet abit pricey compare to some others.

Hi skye,

Thanks for your feedback! Do you mind if I ask when was your ROM party and AD lunch?

I think we won't need any tents so we'd let them know if we do engage, thanks for the tip! :happy:

one of my vendor was via tuk tuk for my post ROM party and hubs site lunch during the AD.

good service but maybe you want to tell them that you dont want the tent service by nantha ? that fella not very responsible (the tent service is outsource to other 3rd party)

food wise if you guys like thai/spicy they are a good choice albiet abit pricey compare to some others.

my ROM was last December and AD was in this May.

they had good reviews all over this forum you can do a search.

Oh thanks!

Yup I saw good reviews on this forum but they were dated at least a year ago, and some are pretty bad reviews here and elsewhere on the internet, so I just wanted to know the opinions of those who tried them recently.

Thanks for your feedback! :biggrin:

my ROM was last December and AD was in this May.

they had good reviews all over this forum you can do a search.

well good comments or bad ... when it comes to "FOOD" its very individual. Good food also can get critics who doesnt like it. So there is no 100% you will find perfection as all our taste buds are different. My main thing is service and food is not cold or bland. I guess i was lucky the food served was to my and my hubbys family and friends taste :)

Yup, I totally agree with you both. Actually my main concern was with their service, as the "bad" reviews were more on their lack of professionalism, e.g. not punctual, food served cold etc. I believe their food can't be that "bad" since many raved about their good food and they have been here for a couple of years at least.

Thanks nonetheless for your input! :happy:

R u sure? they move to Sg Way in SS9 now...and I am still writing emails to their Director Ms Ying Ying and I just want to finalize my pre wedding buffet dinner with them.

I just used them for catering 2 weeks back for my pre-wedding party, their service and food quality was bad. I have tried their food few years back, thought that they will be good, unfortunately not. Their food was not fresh at all, and they didn't serve sufficient food for the number of pax that i ordered. I wouldn't choose them anymore for any catering service.

Chong...you registered here new...and on the very 1st post you said bad comments about them. We need to know if you are a genuine client...or a competitor of them.

Please tell us the venue...date of your event...and whatever menu you chose. If your story is believable....then only people here will decide whether to believe you or not.

For now...I choose not to believe you.

Agreed with Amanda...how come Chong, you just write bad things in the first post.Dun try to pretend to be someone when you are not if you are show the prove pls...

I just used them for catering 2 weeks back for my pre-wedding party, their service and food quality was bad. I have tried their food few years back, thought that they will be good, unfortunately not. Their food was not fresh at all, and they didn't serve sufficient food for the number of pax that i ordered. I wouldn't choose them anymore for any catering service.

I can assure you girls that this Cong fella is a competitor who is jealous of Tuk Tuk catering. hehehe....Karma will get back at him/her for doing this.

I engaged Tuk Tuk in 2009 for buffet lunch after our wedding ceremony. They are late for 1 1/2 hours and the food is so so only. I think the main reason is they are very full as that particular day is a good day to get married. Imagine me the bride frantically call the ownder but she never answer my call. I guess she knew that she was late.

This is my real and honest experience. I am in no way associated with any other caterer.

Hahaha I am here just to share my experience. Actually Tuk Tuk's service is good except for the actual day. I remember the owner was pregnant that time and still has to do delivery. Pity her as well...

Hahaha I am here just to share my experience. Actually Tuk Tuk's service is good except for the actual day. I remember the owner was pregnant that time and still has to do delivery. Pity her as well...

aiyoh...poor girl.

I just engaged them for a function (full moon) on the 29th June. The director seems friendly and accommodating in her emails but after reading all the comments the forum, a bit worried about their service and food now.

Anymore past users of this catering service mind to share their experience with them here? Would be good to know what I'll be dealing with :)

Thanks a lot :)

Hi, may I ask how is Tuk Tuk's catering service recently? I am looking for Tuk Tuk to cater for my wedding luncheon. However, reviews about them seem going down the hill since 2012. Would appreciate sincere opinions on them. 

Thank you.