CKM

Casual/Garden Wedding Party

anyone had wedding in Ciao? Do they serve buffet style?

Yes Ciao serves buffet styles. I can email you their menu and price if you want. :)

Did you have or plan to have your wedding there too? I've sent you PM.

After the horrible Flood in Kalng Valley thx to the 16 hours of non stop Rain...it's wise not to think of Garden Wedding. You are at the mercy of the weather.

If possible we prefer garden wedding nearer to PJ, but again, looking at the weather, what other options as we do not want the traditional chinese restaurant dinner?

After the horrible Flood in Kalng Valley thx to the 16 hours of non stop Rain...it's wise not to think of Garden Wedding. You are at the mercy of the weather.

If possible we prefer garden wedding nearer to PJ, but again, looking at the weather, what other options as we do not want the traditional chinese restaurant dinner?

ONe thing is always consistent in Garden Wedding buffet Dinner: . If you dont have a good Live Band it is gonna be a drag and boring affair. People will be full in less than 20 minutes for a typical Buffet wedding dinner. After that...they sit at the table..some smoke with other smokers...some look at each other...and nothing else happens. What else is there to look forward to? This must NOT happen to your Wedding.

This is the biggest overlooked problem Couples always make.

Beware of those typical 'TQ' bands (thank You Band) who only know how to say TQ...TQ..TQ...TQ...after each song...all night long. Just about all Wedding Live Bands are the typical TQ Band.

This one things i

ONe thing is always consistent in Garden Wedding buffet Dinner: . If you dont have a good Live Band it is gonna be a drag and boring affair. People will be full in less than 30 minutes for a typical Buffet wedding dinner. After that...they sit at the table..some smoke with other smokers...some look at each other...and nothing else happens. This must NOT happen to your Wedding!

This is the biggest overlooked problem Couples always make.

You dont want those typical 'TQ' band (thank You Band) who only knows how to say TQ...TQ..TQ...TQ...after each song...all night long either. In fact...I can safely say easily 90% Live Bands are the TQ Band....and this is not what I'd call Entertaining.

yes i experienced such garden wedding when we waited till all guest were in and then the marched in of bride and groom, then after 20 min of eating we sat there dono what else to do.

i prefer not to have the march in session, and guests can come from 6 to 9pm depends on their preference. in this case we can have more time to talk to different batch of guest and it wont happen that all finished eating at the same time. will this work? hmm..

Cocolala...that's exactly my point. I agree with you about 'after 20 min of eating we sat there dono what else to do'.

That is the biggest setback of having Garden Buffet Wedding Dinner. If you dont have a good live Band to make the guests smile and dance...it will be a very boring Wedding.

I have seen this happened so many times I lost count. At the end...many people left while at 9+pm! Yup. they found the wedding boring...so off they go to another place where it is more fun to hang out.

Talking about the rain, it always has risk to have garden wedding in Mysia. It depends on how much risk you can take. Places like Passion Rd and Ciao Ristorate have coverage of their garden area from rain, while places like Tropicana, Bangi Equatorial have plan B to move into indoor just in case it rains.

Hi gals,

I just confirmed my Garden Wedding Party. In fact i have two wedding receptions, one typical chinese banquet at my hometown and another halal Garden wedding reception for my KL frens and colleagues. Like everyone of you out there, i do have a tight budget as well especially when i have two important events going on at the same time, house moving and wedding.

Again, i read this forum and called up every single restaurant that you had suggested to me. My findings are either the food quality is lousy or they charge exorbitantly!!! Perhaps i'm a very picky person and looking for a menu that match the price that i will have to paid for.

So, the searches went on and of course my frustration grew as well. Fortunately, i happened to discuss this with my colleague and she suggested me this caterer cum wedding planning that had hosts most of the ministers' private and official functions. With a little doubt that i may get a reasonable priced quotation, i called up this lady in charged Vivien and told her my idea of garden wedding. Boom! My months of searches is finally ends. She was so helpful and willing to re-adjust the quotation price near to my budget and by not altering any of the items in the quotation.

Initially she advised me to put up my event at Taman Tun Rimba, TTDI but it was booked. So now, she managed to book me the Kelab Golf Negara Subang venue and i am going to visit the site today evening. I'm so excited!!!

So , my advise to you all....Do more searches and you can still have your dream wedding with a tight budget like myself. I only spent around RM70++ for a served sit-down garden wedding dinner at Kelab Golf Negara Subang completes with arabic canopies, full scalloping and underlay, one uniformed waiter per table, red carpet, stage and a decorated reception area. That's what i call VALUE FOR MONEY! :=)

Hi Goofy, can i have the quote and contact number as well?

My email: lf_denise@hotmail.com

TQ!

Wow a garden party, the only garden wedding in malaysia that i have been to is cyberview. The food is ok...but the environment is really romantic. Depends on how you decorate it as well.

Hi Goofy,

can you send me Vivien's contact number? My email add is pywoon81@hotmail.com.

anyone had wedding in Ciao? Do they serve buffet style?

Yes Ciao serves buffet styles. I can email you their menu and price if you want. :)

hi trinity, can send me the menu and pricing for ciao? thanks :)

Yes, Rama V is worth considering. They are also having 50% off. But it appears to be ala carte only. Not sure if it works for wedding events. See here: Rama V

Hi Desperado,

I am looking to hold a small garden wedding for about 150 pax as well but have a budget less than £100. Do you mind sharing the quotes you got with me?

My email is g_ailing@yahoo.com

Thanks,

try to get some other places...but still wait for them to revert back

what restaurant that is in my list is

1) Rama V

2) Courtyard Garden

3) Rahsia

4) Kokopelli Travellers Bistro

5) Budaba

6) Telawi Street Bistro

7) Souled Out

8) The Hideaway

still searching

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wish to have garden wedding last time, but after discuss with my hubby, we decided to celebrate as per traditional plan.

More ppl can join us and our family prefer to cheer with relatives & friends

Yes...no point wasting your time and effort on any Garden wedding. Malaysian weather is NOT appropriate for such...no matter what or when. It is very uncomfortable. Yes....VERY UNCOMFORTABLE :stuff:

It is essential to have a good Live Band for a Wedding to make it a high class affair.

The best Wedding live Band in Malaysia now: AMANDA SAX & K.G STRING BAND

Pls email me at events.empire@gmail.com RItzCarlton-AmandaampKG7.jpg and I will forward your enquiry to them