CKM

Casual/Garden Wedding Party

Hi,

Anyone has any comment on the CyberView Lodge, garden style dinner reception? How is the enviroment, like wheather (hot or cooling), any mosquito? pls advice.

Dear Joapple

Cyberview Lodge is a beautiful area if you wan to have wedding garden ceremony but i think better not to have the dinnerthere. I'm not sure and havent' try tat before but i heard a fren's comment that she has been to these kind of wedding dinner (at the garden itself) and its very hot n yes.. mozzzyyy.

I am having my wedding at Cyberview lodge this 21oct 2006.. my wedding will have the wedding garden ceremony at 6pm, then follow by wedding reception/dinner at the banquet itself at 7.30pm. This arrangement should be fine for my opinion.

anyhow, u can stil go there and check for yourself.. or call cyberview lodge. :lol:

catherine

I went to check out Saujana and have to say I was impressed with it. The surroundings are nice with the view of the man made lake. There are 2 outdoor settings that you can use depending on the size of the party. One is a private area for a small crowd and the other is the poolside. The only downside to the pool area is that they don't cordorn this area so it is not very private. WOrht looking into Saujana.

Hi All,

I have finally confirm a wedding place at Istana Hotel, despite all the previous comments, it seems that they have a new team "CONCEPT"

Concept is our wedding planner as well as the owner of the magazine of Malaysian Bridal.

They seem to have creative ideas on our wedding night and we decided to take up the challenge to do EAST meet WEST concept.

Deco will be with Roman Pillars covered with creepers and gorgeous flowers and petals on the run way, with a waltz dance floor and english posy. ;)

This means, we will have eastern food but serve through western concept.

I am thinking of having all my tables turn into viking square table style, suggested by CONCEPT. However I am still contemplating about it and wanted you guys to feedback! :)

What do you all thing about VIKING TABLES with Chinese MENU?

I am also thinking of proposing a hanging arch different from the traditional arch, where the arch is suspended on mid air. Not sure it will work, any comment?

Minnie T

MinnieT & juicyspams:

How much are your banquet packages, may I ask? I got a quote from The Saujana before, but the buffet starts at RM88++ pp, and the Chinese dinner starts at RM768++ :( My budget is RM688++ because it's vegetarian mah....

MinnieT:

Do you have any nice pics of the banquet setting from Istana to share? :)

Hi fusionista,

Our package is 788++, however according to our wedding planner from CONCEPT, they can give at 688++ for lower range menu. :D

They can also have vegetarian sets for some selected customers if you have. :D

But the parking is fix price of $7, however not to worry ample parking space outside provided you tell you visitors in advance. Just 5min walk :lol:

If you like, I will arrange you to meet with the Director for the lower package. Their min pax is 30 tables. :(

As for the banquet design, we have no pic because it's the first of it's kind and our AD is 23-12-06 :P

You can take alook at the banquet pic @: http://www.hotelistana.com.my/banquet.html :)

MinnieT

The idea is great but it depends where you choose your venue, if I remembered correctly the Venue is range from $3k and above.

Normally the people who provide Marques / Canopy will have mist fan, tables and chairs and sound system I think.

Some caterer also include all the marques and everything you listed below. So you need to ask lo

Bear in mind that catering at the garden might be spending more then it is thru the restaurant.

kitkioko do have her point there. sometime garden reception is more costly than reception at restaurant. it's all depend on how you work it out. plus for garden reception you'll have to take into account the weather as well.

but then again... garden reception will be more enjoyable for most guest...

I think Courtyard serves Asian fusion cuisine, and it you are looking for an intimate setting for a small group, you can find more info on this thread as well: http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....wtopic=288&st=0

Here's the website for Courtyard Garden:

http://www.courtyard-garden.com

i wanted to do buffet but not sure daytime or night time.

prefer not to do it in hotel ambience.

besides places like bon ton, top hat, etc, is there any places that I can refer at?

also it will be good if you all can roughly let me know the price range for daytime and night time buffet price.

princessme,

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? Have you seen Ciao's? How I wish I can have my reception there! Too bad my party is too big and I can't afford it :(

Also there's lakeside setting at Holiday Villa. Perhaps you can check that out. The Saujana also has outdoor/poolside buffet.

princessme,

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? Have you seen Ciao's? How I wish I can have my reception there! Too bad my party is too big and I can't afford it :(

Also there's lakeside setting at Holiday Villa. Perhaps you can check that out. The Saujana also has outdoor/poolside buffet.

fusionista,

i agree with you about Ciao. Although I've never been there, what I saw from their website already made me drool ler :lol: . But like you, it's waaaay over my budget.

princessme,

For Saujana, if you want ambience, you can try Senja. It's located by the lakeside. It's very romantic if you do it at night. Maybe you can have a look. I still have the quote from them if you are interested. Do let me know your email address. Please bear in mind, my quote is for DAY event.

Apart from Saujana, I heard Palace of The Golden Horses also have nice place for outdoor wedding.

Hope you find the "perfect" place.

i've heard that Mariott in Putrajaya have a garden. Its in the matriott putrajay thread. don't know what is the capacity though. pix in website looks nice.

princessme,

hi, i've check out cios, is expensive, almost RM100 per pax.

actually, was looking to similiar atmosphere as ciao, that is why i never thought of doing it in hotel eventhough there's garden setting.

prefer to find a restaurant venue.

princessme,

fusionista,

i agree with you about Ciao. Although I've never been there, what I saw from their website already made me drool ler :angry: . But like you, it's waaaay over my budget.

princessme,

For Saujana, if you want ambience, you can try Senja. It's located by the lakeside. It's very romantic if you do it at night. Maybe you can have a look. I still have the quote from them if you are interested. Do let me know your email address. Please bear in mind, my quote is for DAY event.

Apart from Saujana, I heard Palace of The Golden Horses also have nice place for outdoor wedding.

Hope you find the "perfect" place.

hi janicelly,

i don't mind to call them to enquire about the quote.

please email to me at : yeuhyem@gmail.com

thanks

hi janicelly,

do you mind mailing me the quote from Saujana too? My email is jea2nie@hotmail.com. Thanks!