ElenaC

Kitchen Hood & Hub

I bought my hood and hob during promotion period which cost me around RM2100.00. They have few promotion in a year which different of packages. To me, the price is worth for the product I have. I don't know about Fujioh because once I tried on Fotile hood, I fell in love with it because the suction power is great man. oops... Some more easy to clean which suit me this lazy woman. hahaha...

Hmmm... I saw some using electric instead of gases but I don't what they call this? Any idea?

erm.. i think tat's called Vitroceramic hob / induction hob

Hmmm... I saw some using electric instead of gases but I don't what they call this? Any idea?

Do u know roughly how much it cost, plus installation? Any brand to refer to? Thanks!

I bought my hood and hob during promotion period which cost me around RM2100.00. They have few promotion in a year which different of packages. To me, the price is worth for the product I have. I don't know about Fujioh because once I tried on Fotile hood, I fell in love with it because the suction power is great man. oops... Some more easy to clean which suit me this lazy woman. hahaha...

oic.. do u know where u bought them from?? hehe.. i might wana go and survey. RM2100 sounds reasonable to me :)

Do u know roughly how much it cost, plus installation? Any brand to refer to? Thanks!

erm.. not sure about the cost when i do survey i never ask for induction hob's price, but it's definitely more exp than the conventional hob la. Anyway heard tat induction is better coz it wont make ur kitchen heaty as it wont heat up the surface. Tat's all i know la hehe.

{oic.. do u know where u bought them from?? hehe.. i might wana go and survey. RM2100 sounds reasonable to me :) }

You can do the survey in one of its dealer, Legend Electrical Shop in Sri Petaling. The price given there is better than other electrical shops. I have done a lot of survey before buying things for my house. haha... Time and fuel for travelling here and there has cost me an amount. haha...

jacqline,

think the induction hob will be getting more & more popular soon, coz it's convenient, no need extra charges for gases, only electric bil... HB said one of his friend installed it, quite okay lor... Might consider that... Even more expensive also nvm, i mean for long term use worthy also lah... Wonder what brand they have in the market? :rolleyes:

jacqline,

think the induction hob will be getting more & more popular soon, coz it's convenient, no need extra charges for gases, only electric bil... HB said one of his friend installed it, quite okay lor... Might consider that... Even more expensive also nvm, i mean for long term use worthy also lah... Wonder what brand they have in the market? :rolleyes:

What happened if there is power failure? Then we cannot make any cooking. You know lar, Malaysia...

jacqline,

What happened if there is power failure? Then we cannot make any cooking. You know lar, Malaysia...

Good question! Wonder if the induction hob will have feature like current saving inside in case power failure? :lol: Hmmm... Will try to ask HB's friend and see...

{oic.. do u know where u bought them from?? hehe.. i might wana go and survey. RM2100 sounds reasonable to me :) }

You can do the survey in one of its dealer, Legend Electrical Shop in Sri Petaling. The price given there is better than other electrical shops. I have done a lot of survey before buying things for my house. haha... Time and fuel for travelling here and there has cost me an amount. haha...

yeah i know this shop but never went in hehe... thx for the rec , will go there soon :)

btw, i wana know the efficiency of fotile hood. After stir fry, do u find the surface & floor oily?? I'm going to cook at dry kitchen , so worry tat the oil will go any further. :(

I am installing Teka vitroceramic hob for my new house, which is more user friendly than induction hob. Induction Hob requires special type of steel/metal cookware which is kinda expensive, whilst any sort of cookware (other than plastic of course) can be used on vitrocemaric hob. The only downside of vitroceramic hob is that it is not as energy efficient as induction hob i.e. consume more electricity than induction BUT still much more efficient than typical electric/hotplate hob.

The outlook of vitroceramic hob as induction hob look almost alike - the glassy look.

How about the price between vitroceramic hob & induction hob? May I know is there any other disadvantages of both besides those u've mentioned? Thanks!

yeah i know this shop but never went in hehe... thx for the rec , will go there soon :)

btw, i wana know the efficiency of fotile hood. After stir fry, do u find the surface & floor oily?? I'm going to cook at dry kitchen , so worry tat the oil will go any further. :(

There is no 100% suction of oil from your cooking for all types of hood but Fotile hood reaches 90%. However, you should install wall mounted hood where the oil will be sucked to outside. Those cabinet hood is not as efficient as wall mounted hood because the oil cannot be expelled to outside but just circulated in the hood.

There is no 100% suction of oil from your cooking for all types of hood but Fotile hood reaches 90%. However, you should install wall mounted hood where the oil will be sucked to outside. Those cabinet hood is not as efficient as wall mounted hood because the oil cannot be expelled to outside but just circulated in the hood.

erm....can i know wat is wall mounted & cabinet hood?? :ph34r:

Went to Legend and it is a great place... definitely recommend ppl to go there... they have almost everything under 1 roof... saw their fotile hood and hob... was great and mostly recommended... i went two places also recommended fotile... promotion now for hood 900 suction power, glass and classy design with free 2 burners hob RM1850 including installation... and that also included ducting, pipe and etc Great price as another shop quoted RM1,930 for everything...

Thanks Jiahuan for recommending Legend!

Pacific is the orginal brand from oversea then Pacifica is localized Pacific brand... Pacifica is anak of Pacific...

Wall mounted means its hanging on ur wall while cabinet hood is ur hood is hidden inside the cabinet lor... most hoods are wall mounted and u can put a cabinet to hide it which is not really recommended but up to ur design of the kitchen lor...

There is one shop actually show us the power of fotile hood and it was great... the smoke really sucked all in... then the burner's flame is big... suitable for asian cooking... 2 burners have bigger flame while 3 burners do not have tat big flame... tried as well...

Hope it helps!

oic.. babysiew u went to legend at sri petaling is it?? can i know which part of sri petaling ar coz i'm not familiar there.. thx for the explaination about the hoods hehe. Btw i was told by a fren which is using hood for several yrs to not to buy any hood bcoz it will rosak after sometime. And also the hob, once rosak whole thing have to throw away dy, so she told me to buy conventional type of burner & also fan to blow oil out. I'm quite confused ler.... :ph34r:

jacqline... its always ur choice... everything will spoil in few yrs down the road... i dont care if my things spoil 3 yrs later... u change when it is spoil lor... even clothes also we buy today, few yrs it will wear and tear wat... and we need to replace it... but clothes is cheaper la haha... i mean if u wan it... u go ahead and buy... anyway the kitchen hood and hob warranty is 3 yrs... so if anything wrong, u can get it replaced... fan will not blow the oil ler... ur fren tok funny la... fan will blow smoke but to where? the hood suck the smoke and then expel them outside... ur back neighbour will scream la but if ur neighbour is 10-15m away, they wont be able to smell also... keke

hood will not prevent 100% oil free and etc... there will still be oil around ur kitchen esp if u fry fish and etc cos oil will 'percik' ma... hood is to ensure that the smoke smell will not reach ur rooms esp ur bedrooms...

conventional type of burner... not no good but the style! where got cantik... u spend rm10k on ur kitchen cabinets and etc then u use conventional burner... will look very weird hehe...

Legend at sri petaling... erm... u come from where ar? its near carrefour sri petaling... carrefour will be on ur right... then u pass a bp petrol station on ur left... then traffic light u turn left... legend is just beside berry's cake house... if u dont know PM me...

thats just my opinion... hope it helps!

hey babysiew, i juz came back from legend sri petaling! hehe.. i saw the fotile hood too! The SA keep on promoting on this hood as the current promotion is rm1850, same as urs :P I'm now thinking want to buy this or not ler.. he actually got recommend me on fagor set also. Coz i want build in oven ma, so he said fagor's set comes with oven so it's cheaper lor. At first i want teka oven, the model tat i want he quote me rm2800. I'm quite confused la, whether take fotile hood & hob set + teka oven OR fagor complete set lor, price difference around 1k++ lor.. sigh..

Anyway this shop's offer is consider the best among those i've went to. Thx for recommendation jiahuan :)

bought an izoton hood and hub yesterday

strong suction and nice glas design, over 1000horse power crazy suction.

the hob have autocut safety feature, stainless steel burner , cyclone type fire and it really does hit things up fast.

hey babysiew, i juz came back from legend sri petaling! hehe.. i saw the fotile hood too! The SA keep on promoting on this hood as the current promotion is rm1850, same as urs :P I'm now thinking want to buy this or not ler.. he actually got recommend me on fagor set also. Coz i want build in oven ma, so he said fagor's set comes with oven so it's cheaper lor. At first i want teka oven, the model tat i want he quote me rm2800. I'm quite confused la, whether take fotile hood & hob set + teka oven OR fagor complete set lor, price difference around 1k++ lor.. sigh..

Anyway this shop's offer is consider the best among those i've went to. Thx for recommendation jiahuan :)

i will only recomment those good shops or good contractor. those lousy one will be extracted from my list. haha...

babysiew is right. after spending so much on your kitchen renovation, of course u do not want a conventional burner which will spoil the whole design of your kitchen. anything you use has the tendency to spoil after few years down the line. anyway, if you maintain the thing well, it can last for many many years. the thing will not be so easily spoilt unless you are very rough or do not take care of it.

I tot fotile is having a promotion of free hob when u buy hood? 4 burners with strong flame, i think hard to get oh... cos the more burners, the weaker flame if i am not mistaken... sorry if i am wrong... fotile hob has very strong flame... i saw the demo be4 with other brands...

I tot fotile is having a promotion of free hob when u buy hood? 4 burners with strong flame, i think hard to get oh... cos the more burners, the weaker flame if i am not mistaken... sorry if i am wrong... fotile hob has very strong flame... i saw the demo be4 with other brands...

got free hob la.. but 2 burners only wor.. the hob model is FAB